1 (edited by Deezer 2007-06-13 09:59:07)

Topic: New guitar...

I was really amazed by this guitar, so I got it, and only for about 500 bucks. I had no idea Ibanez made such good semi-hollowbodies. I would put this up against any semihollowbody on the market. It's an Artcore AG. Just wanted to share with you all.

http://photos-173.ak.facebook.com/photo … 3_9266.jpg

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Re: New guitar...

wow deez -

that looks like a vintage reissue. I like finish on it.
I like playing those guitars in the guitarshop, but never had it in me to take one home. Good you for you - have fun with it!

Whats your favorite song to play on it? I'll guess "Lenny"...

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I was impressed by Ibanez Artcore guitars.  I first noticed them when Eric Krasno from Soulive was playing them (great guitarist if you aren't aware. Listen to his solo on "El Ron").  I play a Gibson ES-335, and I tried out a friends Artcore that was the equivalent model to the 335, and it felt the same, but cost loads less.  Great instrument.  Enjoy!

A couple of my students play Ibanez semi-hollow bodies for jazz band in school.  They really are nice guitars and stay in tune nicely.  I have an Ibanez acoustic electric that I keep in my studio.  I paid under $500 for it and it not only does it sound amazing, it is cosmetically beautiful to boot.

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

BluesMan wrote:
Fretwork wrote:

A couple of my students play Ibanez semi-hollow bodies for jazz band in school.  They really are nice guitars and stay in tune nicely.  I have an Ibanez acoustic electric that I keep in my studio.  I paid under $500 for it and it not only does it sound amazing, it is cosmetically beautiful to boot.

Fret,

Do you teach music at a school? And are the students at the high school level?. The reason I ask is my daughter is a freshman in school and she plays trumpet in both the symphonic and jazz bands. It's really been fun to watch her progress from her original "6 note concert" to performing solos with the jazz band. The symphonic band almost always fills the theatre and is a very talented group, according to their directors. I just love to sit back and listen to so much young talent perform some very difficult music. I sure wish I would have had that   kind of opportunity when I was young.

Roy

Roy,
No, I don't teach at a school.  I teach private lessons.  Playing guitar in jazz band in school is pretty new (5-10 years depending on the school).  Some schools start in 8th grade, others start as late as junior year.   I encourage all of my students who have the opportunity to at least "try out" for jazz band.  It's a lot of work.  Most of them practice at least five hours weekly.  These kids are absolutely amazing and they are the reason I do what I do.

I'm with you on the wishing I had that kind of opportunity when I was young.

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

BluesMan wrote:
Fretwork wrote:

Fret,

Do you teach music at a school? And are the students at the high school level?. The reason I ask is my daughter is a freshman in school and she plays trumpet in both the symphonic and jazz bands. It's really been fun to watch her progress from her original "6 note concert" to performing solos with the jazz band. The symphonic band almost always fills the theatre and is a very talented group, according to their directors. I just love to sit back and listen to so much young talent perform some very difficult music. I sure wish I would have had that   kind of opportunity when I was young.

Roy

When I was in middle school, I got stuck in a class that played the flutophone. Meanwhile, across the hall I could see kids playing guitar. I cried.

One thing that always puzzled me was why Tarzan didn't have a beard.

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

wow deez -

that looks like a vintage reissue. I like finish on it.
I like playing those guitars in the guitarshop, but never had it in me to take one home. Good you for you - have fun with it!

Whats your favorite song to play on it? I'll guess "Lenny"...

Oh I am. Favorite song? Anything. It's got a great clean tone, and then you can drive that sucker.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Those are some awesome guitars!  Congrats on the purchase!

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128