Topic: Pictures from The Birchmere - 2007.06.04

Hi everyone!  This is my first post here although I've lurked on the forums for a while.  Here are some pics from Joe's show at The Birchmere in Alexandria, VA on Monday, June 4, 2007:

http://flickr.com/photos/billclaytor/se … 344067117/

From where I was sitting there were a few heads in the way, and I got a bit carried away with standing up to get the shot one too many times.  The reprimand from house security was swift and firm and made me realize the error of my ways - BUT - I did manage to get some great shots I wouldn't have otherwise been able to get.  I apologize to anyone in attendance who was inconvenienced by my overzealousness - I'll be more aware of this in the future.

I also got some great shots of Joe and some of the other artists at the Western Maryland BluesFest which I'll post once they've finished uploading.

Re: Pictures from The Birchmere - 2007.06.04

bpc...standing up was worth it!  You got some really nice shots!  I particularly like the b&w side-view of Joe.  Thanks for sharing!

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

...I'll always have London in my heart, and in my soul...

Hey Bill, you got some great shots.  What kind of camera did you use, some very crisp, clear pictures...

Music is good for the Soul...

4 (edited by bpc 2007-06-13 12:29:05)

David A. wrote:

Hey Bill, you got some great shots.  What kind of camera did you use, some very crisp, clear pictures...

Thanks David - I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT and used the 50mm f1.8 prime lens.  I used aperture priority mode in the 1.8 - 2.8 range, 1600 ISO with no flash.  Most of the shots are cropped to remove heads, etc... and quite a few were processed with NoiseNinja to remove the noise caused by 1600 ISO (those have NN in the filename).

at this point i like to say manny greetings to Dave the guitar techniker of Joe . cool pic from him ,first time i see a pic of his great work ....also i like to say that this is a great ,very gentle guy ....greetings to you dave if you read this .and hope see you in Amsterdam .
Greetz by Geko

GREAT pics bpc! thanks for sharing!!!

Geko, Ditto on Dave!  Would love to hear him play a song sometime!

And  Joe,    Luv the shades!!!!!!    cool    pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

7 (edited by Marianne 2007-06-14 10:56:41)

Very nice pics indeed.
Hope to make some great ones myself at july 8th.
But have to wait a while for that.
Thanks for sharing some beautiful pics    wink

Thanks for the pictures!! The 24th picture almost made me faint:
http://flickr.com/photos/billclaytor/54 … 0344067117

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

it's_all_about_apples wrote:

Thanks for the pictures!! The 24th picture almost made me faint:
http://flickr.com/photos/billclaytor/54 … 0344067117

The color contrast is really cool...  Go ahead and faint if you want too!!!  lol

Music is good for the Soul...