Topic: Hey All From Florida

Hi All, I’ve been a member for sometime now. I thought it was time to jump in. I first saw Joe (august 06) on a TV show with Host: Gerald Veasley. I was hooked immediately. Since then I have seen him in Jacksonville, West Palm Beach, and Tampa.  I live in Florida. I’m headed to the 12th annual Western Maryland Blues Fest in Hagerstown, Maryland for his June 2nd  show. I will also be going to his shows in Kettering, Ohio (aug 31st and the 1st annual blues fest in St Mary’s Ohio (sept 1st). I think I’m addicted to him. (is that possible?). Yes I got my gibson335 out of the closet and started back up again. I even went and bought me fender strat & a marshall amp. It’s been a few years for me of not playing. I’ve played on and off (mostly off) since I was about 12 or so. It’s almost like riding a bike. By the way I turned 50 today (may 23rd ). I'm glad to see I’m not the only 50 year old here.

Later all,
Bill
Livin’ the Blues

Re: Hey All From Florida

Welcome Gibson!!

You are one of the many new ones on the forum the last months. Joe is becoming more famouus every day and deserves it !!

Have a nice time overhere!

Andre Wittebroek, (53 years old but look 25!!!!)

Hey Bill, welcome aboard.  Good to get the 335 out of the closet, too nice of a guitar to be collecting dust.  I have heard some players after listening to Joe wanted to give up playing, but the reverse happened to you, cool....

Music is good for the Soul...

gibson335 wrote:

Hi All, I’ve been a member for sometime now. I thought it was time to jump in. I first saw Joe (august 06) on a TV show with Host: Gerald Veasley. I was hooked immediately. Since then I have seen him in Jacksonville, West Palm Beach, and Tampa.  I live in Florida. I’m headed to the 12th annual Western Maryland Blues Fest in Hagerstown, Maryland for his June 2nd  show. I will also be going to his shows in Kettering, Ohio (aug 31st and the 1st annual blues fest in St Mary’s Ohio (sept 1st). I think I’m addicted to him. (is that possible?). Yes I got my gibson335 out of the closet and started back up again. I even went and bought me fender strat & a marshall amp. It’s been a few years for me of not playing. I’ve played on and off (mostly off) since I was about 12 or so. It’s almost like riding a bike. By the way I turned 50 today (may 23rd ). I'm glad to see I’m not the only 50 year old here.

Later all,
Bill
Livin’ the Blues

Good morning Bill:

Firstly, my best wishes to you on turning the big 5-0 - I hope it wasn't too "painful" (as an aside, I'm 53 so welcome to the half century club).

I completely agree with David - a Gibson ES-335 is far too nice a guitar to be sitting in a closet gathering dust. Although I primarily play a Fender Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature model, I also own a Gibson ES-335, which I love to play from time to time. As I'm forever telling my wife - who questions why I need to own a half a dozen different guitars - i.e. Strats, Teles, les pauls and ES-335, each one has a different "voice' and depending on what I feel like hearing on any given day, I need the variety.

Congratulations as well on the purchase of your Strat and Marshall amp. It's a great combination as is the Marshall amp and your ES-335. Bill, you mentioned that you haven't played for awhile and are just getting back into it.

Here's a trick that I used to use when I hadn't touched a guitar for a few weeks in the 40 odd years that I've been playing (there hasn't been too many of those dormant periods and maybe this trick isn't for everybody). But I woul;d string the guitar with heavier strings and raise the action a little higher so that it was "tougher" to pkay  - bend notes - hammer on / pull off / etc. But I would stick with it for a  few weeks and then when I felt I was "back" to where I should be, I would restring the guitar with smaller guage strings and lower the action.  What a difference it would make !! You felt as if your fingers were just flying across the fretboard.

I was a former baseball player and it's akin to swinging a leaded bat for a few minutes just before stepping up to the plate. As soon as the "donut" comes off, you feel like you're swinging a piece of balsa wood.

Anyways, enjoy the shows you're going to be seeing later this summer and thanks for your interesting post..!

Hope you had a great birthday..!!

Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.

Mark

Happy B-day Gibson from another May baby!!! Wish I was "only" 50!!! As long as the Stones keep playing I'm not going to worry!! Glad you've decided to join in..I'll see you in Hagerstown!!!!!!    Cathy

Hey Bill.  Happy 50th. Birthday and welcome to the board.  I will be in Hagerstown too!! See you there.  Barbara

Welcome Bill.
Happy birthday to you !

welcome Gibson happy birthday greetings from europe
by geko

Happy Birthday Bill and welcome to the forum. I just turned the page to 50 this past November, so you've got some company on this site.
Bill S.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill,

You dont look a day over 45!

~Rhonda

(I couldn't say a day over 40 because I hit 40 this July!)

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

welcome aboard and happy b day . Only a couple years behind ya.man time flies.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Gosh, Never did thank everyone for the warm welcome.

THANK YOU!

Bill

gibson335 wrote:

Later all,
Bill
Livin’ the Blues

Hey Bill,
Nice to hear from another fan from Florida.  I saw Joe in Jacksonville too.  Great show.  Ken and I just recently saw him in California and probably won't get to another show before he plays West Palm Beach again in November.  And yes, it's possible to be addicted to him.  I think most of us on this forum are.  Hope you'll continue to post.  Perhaps we'll run into you at a Florida show.

A Sunshine State Fan,

Susan  smile

P.S.  Hope you had a wonderful birthday.  You know, 50 is not so bad.  They say it's the new 30.  Gee, I guess that makes you the same age as Joe.  lol

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"