Topic: SRV concert at the Palladium

Dont know bout the rest of you, but this looks sweet! You got the great Joe Bonamassa and others. Take a look at the site, it looks cool. Oct. 7th, tickets are not on sale yet. I want to fly in to see one of my sisters, she is in that neighborhood.

Gotta get back to the "honeydoo" list, just blew the windows out to "honey child", another Bad Co. gem.

Shred

Re: SRV concert at the Palladium

I gotta know more about this, anyone with some knowledge jump on in!

Shred

http://www.srvrideandconcert.org/

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

I say go for it Shredit. 

SRVSGAL has posted about the SRV Remembrance Ride & Concert in the past years.  Hopefully she sees this and she can give you more details of the concert and her experiences.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:

I say go for it Shredit. 

SRVSGAL has posted about the SRV Remembrance Ride & Concert in the past years.  Hopefully she sees this and she can give you more details of the concert and her experiences.

Oh I'm goin for it, I get to visit friends, family, throw in this gig, and shred is a happy camper. Just remembered I'm going to look at real estate, all my musician buddies want to move there, I cant get left behind.

Sorry I missed you at the Tesla release, had to take care of the wife, I heard it was one big beer garden!

Shred

Shredit wrote:

Shred

Shred, I went last year when Jeff Healey was the headliner. Different venue though. I have never been to the Palladium. It is south of Downtown a few blocks. The West End is nearby and the Plaza where JFK was shot.
The show follows the ride and is in the early afternoon. Joe would play early evening.

On Saturday the 6th OU/Texas play their rivalry at the Cotton Bowl just east of downtown. Hotel rooms would be hard to find in the downtown area Saturday night. Although the Longhorns will be checking out early after the butt kicking the Sooners are due to give them.

Joe will be in Tulsa on the 6th 5 hours away at the Historic Cain's Ballroom.

jim m wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Shred

Shred, I went last year when Jeff Healey was the headliner. Different venue though. I have never been to the Palladium. It is south of Downtown a few blocks. The West End is nearby and the Plaza where JFK was shot.
The show follows the ride and is in the early afternoon. Joe would play early evening.

On Saturday the 6th OU/Texas play their rivalry at the Cotton Bowl just east of downtown. Hotel rooms would be hard to find in the downtown area Saturday night. Although the Longhorns will be checking out early after the butt kicking the Sooners are due to give them.

Joe will be in Tulsa on the 6th 5 hours away at the Historic Cain's Ballroom.

Cool Jim!

Sounds good, gotta check on some ailine tix, southwest is doing there $99.00 specials I hear.

Oh by the way, I live on a court, 2 neighbors are sooner and husker fans, you talk bout running some smack (LOL).

Got a quick story for you. It was may 1st, either 99 or 2000, Im driving to Tenn. from Cali. on hwy 40. I got this truck of my brother in laws loaded with the rest of moms belongings. We smoke the tranny about 15 miles outside of Moore, Ok. That day they have that F5 tornado coming down on us! So I ask the repair guy what to do. This guy was as cool as the come, I mean the warnings are goin off in his shop, he doesnt even flinch. He just smiled and sizes me and my brother up " yall from Calif. huh!, ever been through a tornado". I'm like hell no what do I do. He is loving it, he has a couple of tornado rookies stranded out in another state, " well you see that ditch over there, yall gonna have to lie down in there if you wanna be safe". Looking back now it was funny the way he worked us. Drove through Ok. City the next day, saw a new Chevy p/u rapped around a telephone pole, I told my brother " aint no way I'm driving this route again, I'm to young to die out here".

Shred