Topic: Reconsider Baby @ Tangier, up on Youtube

Now on Youtube - Reconsider Baby @ Tangier, Akron, Ohio, 1-23-2004.

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bonamassa++reconsider+baby+tangier

Bob

Re: Reconsider Baby @ Tangier, up on Youtube

There you go , i've Just Witnessed one of the Best Video's  EVER   big_smile
  And what a start with that Haunting Junction 61
  I love the way you just dropped that out of the blue

.......Thanks a Million Bob

........................ michael

God That Was Good smile

How about that Nancy!

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Hey Bob & Michael, 
     I'll join in with you on this one.  Thanks Bob for this gem.  Which leads me to a question I always wanted to ask Joe about?  Do you still have the leather choker?  (Yes, it's in the same category as the lock of hair for me.)  There have been others that have wondered about the choker and I just feel brave enough to ask today.  I'm goin' for broke.......
                                                   pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Excellent!!! 

A million thanks for that one.

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Thanks, Bob! Love that one.

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Nice bass tone too.

One thing that always puzzled me was why Tarzan didn't have a beard.

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Hey Bob & Michael, 
     I'll join in with you on this one.  Thanks Bob for this gem.  Which leads me to a question I always wanted to ask Joe about?  Do you still have the leather choker?  (Yes, it's in the same category as the lock of hair for me.)  There have been others that have wondered about the choker and I just feel brave enough to ask today.  I'm goin' for broke.......
                                                   pattyluvsjoe

smile smile smile smile   You go Girl! smile smile smile smile

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Sweet Bob. Thanks. June 14th can't get here soon enough. Joe at an outdoor festival right along the rivers.  Can't wait.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

I absolutely LOVE this song. I've heard Joe play lots of songs live, but this has to be in the top three!!!! Thanks.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I thought Reconsider was on (and then off) the set list way too fast. If I recall correctly Joe was playing it right after HTCT came out, but it didn't spend as much time on the set list as most songs did/do. I don't think I've seen it live yet, but I may have?

I was left with the same impression after watching the youtube clip as I was after hearing a few performances of it on the assorted live show CDs that make the rounds.

I'd LOVE to see Reconsider put back on the set list, especially now that there are some keyboards to help fill out some of the open spaces that (in a slower tempo song) can be a difficult for a 3 piece. I would also like to see Joe take out the "bring it down" part at the start of the solo, and eliminate the volume swells.

Reconsider is a very powerful song. It's a smoldering fire that is ready to (and eventially does) burst into flames. It's one of those songs that starts strong and continues to build - and the listener is hooked from the very start. But I've always felt that just as I am ready for the continuation (or next level) of this excitement, the rug is pulled out from under me when it drops down into the "Let's take it down" part. The song looses it's building momentum, the listener's excitement subsides somewhat, and then it takes half the song to get it back - and for me, I never quite attain the same level of excitement I would have, had the song just continued to build from the start.

There are other songs that Joe has the opportunity to "Take it down" and do the volume swells, and it works great. Blues Deluxe for example. So Joe - the next time you're shaking up the set list - Reconsider, Baby! Bring it back...but set it free!

That was a very cool video. Just loved it. Put it on my site right a way. Like in the rest of the world you got myspace. In holland we have a things that's close to this and its called Hyves. Put it right beside 2 other great video's of Joe. This is one of my fav. songs from Joe.

Greetz

There are some great solos in this awesome song.  Love that Gold Strat...  Kenny sounded great as usual too.  I checked back on some of my setlists and Reconsider was not on them.  I wonder, did Joe perform this in Dallas at Joefest in 04?  Thanks for posting...

Music is good for the Soul...

D*mn! I'm at work and they block Youtube. sad

Now I'm going to be dying until I get home and watch this.

I'm just saying.

Thanks Bob that made my long hot day soo much better. Thanks to youtube for a great place to see  THE MAN!!! JOE BONAMASSA. GOD I LOVE THAT GUY!!!!!!
     JON

In-f"ing-credible!!! big_smile

I am tranported on the wings of ecstasy. The only thing better would to be in the same room when Joe plays this song again.

I'll be watching this again and again. Thank you so much for posting this, Bob.

Nancy

I'm just saying.