Topic: Another Gold Sparkle Strat....

I know this has been done before, but I'm building a guitar to replicate Joe's beautiful gold strat.  Does anyone have any good shots of the stickers/decals that Joe has on his or where I may find them?  This will be my first actual build and I can't think of any better place to start!

Thanks!

2 (edited by kwsjb1238 2007-03-29 09:51:02)

Re: Another Gold Sparkle Strat....

I believe that someone on the board has built a replica of Joe's gold strat... don't remember who, but I'll look and see if I can figure out who it was... he can probably help you with the stickers and everything that is on the strat... good luck building it!

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

check out previous posts, do a forum search.

how much are you planning on spending???

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I think the guy's name was "Mandrake" or something...search the forums by that and you'll probably find a series of posts on his project.

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Mandrake's guitar is actually one of my influences for my guitar.  Unfortunately it doens't look like his posted anything in almost a year and all the links that he provided in his posts are no invalid links.

As for how much I'm willing to spend, that has yet to be determined.  I'm not looking to half@#$ this so I guess you could say that I'll spend what I have to.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you ever get a picture of Joe's decals?!

Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

7 (edited by kalel23 2007-04-05 09:02:44)

I've been able to get some decent pictures of them, but can't figure out where/how to get them.  Any suggestions would be great!

WOW!  Thank you so much for that link!  Just got done purchasing the pinup sticker I will need for the front side of the guitar!

I found this link in one of the previous Mandrake forums that was given by another member by the name of Rick (want to make sure I give credit to everyone).  It's a rather decent pick of the back of his guitar.  It looks like there is also a sticker on the neck plate, but I can't make it out.  If anyone has any other pics for this, send them this way!

http://west.poly.edu/~rconne01/12-10-05_1757.jpg

Thanks again for all the help.

I'm going to have the Fender Custom Shop build me a strat with a Gold Sparkle finish like Joe's.

They have the 64 reissue gold sparkle but to me it doesn't look like Joe's. The flakes are bigger in Joe's.

What I want is the Gold Sparkle body, a Neck like the one found on old Jeff Beck stratocasters, and fralin pickups

gibson59lp wrote:

I'm going to have the Fender Custom Shop build me a strat with a Gold Sparkle finish like Joe's.

They have the 64 reissue gold sparkle but to me it doesn't look like Joe's. The flakes are bigger in Joe's.

What I want is the Gold Sparkle body, a Neck like the one found on old Jeff Beck stratocasters, and fralin pickups

Are you getting the body already finished or are you planning on the Custom Shop for that as well?  Just curious . . . my husband paints on the side and this is no easy task.  I've seen what he goes through to refinish and paint guitars . . .

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

I just went out and bought a 1964 Relic Strat in Gold Sparkle. I will see how I like it. I might have the custom shop build me a guitar in gold sparkle like Joe's.

I am not looking to make a replica of Joe's guitar I just want that same gold sparkle finish on a guitar that is going to have some different features I like.