Topic: What do we know about the '59 Bona-Grail?

Besides what is posted on the Burst Registry, what do we know about Joe's Bona-Grail?  Weight?  Identifying marks?  Previous owner history?  It would be nice to document the pedigree of a Burst that is sure to be famous in the future.  Any Burst experts out there that can help gather useful information?

http://www.burstserial.com/gallery/main … amp;var2=2

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Re: What do we know about the '59 Bona-Grail?

I think they had some stuff posted over at the les paul forum on it.  I'll look for it....

Here ya go.....

dknight16 wrote:

Besides what is posted on the Burst Registry, what do we know about Joe's Bona-Grail?  Weight?  Identifying marks?  Previous owner history?  It would be nice to document the pedigree of a Burst that is sure to be famous in the future.  Any Burst experts out there that can help gather useful information?

Oh besides what it already posted on burst registry.....sorry.

dknight16 wrote:

Here is a video I took the first night he had it out. March 2nd. Sioux Falls, SD.

Apologies for the lack-luster audio quality. My camera is just a little Creative Vado HD pocket sized recorder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zECXSpmxY3Q

Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

If I had to guess I'd say those pics were taken at Rumble Seat Music. (The Indian blanket in the first pic is a dead giveaway). Joe has been known to wheel and deal there in the past.

Major Tom to ground control...

Has Joe screwed down the bridge and tail piece...plus wrapped the strings back over how he normally does?

I actually hope not...

RICjunkie wrote:

If I had to guess I'd say those pics were taken at Rumble Seat Music. (The Indian blanket in the first pic is a dead giveaway). Joe has been known to wheel and deal there in the past.

He did indeed buy it at Rumble Seat Music.

Does anyone know what the pickups were wound to in the late 50's? I want to get a set of sheptones, and he will wind up to 9k... not sure what to do!

Thanks,
Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Hey Dude... You want to have them wound in the Mid to high 8's... Thats what the average PAF's where..  Also if they can find period correct long magnets that will help.. The difference is clarity.. But you retain the midrange...  My guitar has a double white PAF in the front and I think a Zebra in the back.. ( I think) Im not sure.. It maybe a double black.. who knows.. Sheptone make great stuff... So does Jim Wagner at WCR..   Good Luck being cured of this disease.. Once it starts it never ends..  Maybe Dr. Drew should do a show about it..
Joe B

Haha thanks Joe... I get made fun of all the time for this 'disease'... maybe I can collect disability.. and buy more guitars!

Logan

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Spider wrote:
RICjunkie wrote:

I think Joe should buy it a mate as a spare as they have another.......

http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/vintage% … inner.html

telesquire wrote:
Spider wrote:
RICjunkie wrote:

I think Joe should buy it a mate as a spare as they have another.......

http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/vintage% … inner.html

You can't post pictures like that.  I won't be able to sleep for a week.

DaveWammbarro wrote:

Has Joe screwed down the bridge and tail piece...plus wrapped the strings back over how he normally does?

I actually hope not...

I saw a picture from the Grand Rapids show, and it's top wrapped.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

My guitar has a double white PAF in the front and I think a Zebra in the back.. ( I think) Im not sure.. It maybe a double black.. who knows..
Joe B

Alright!  We have a definite maybe officially documented!  smile

Nickname: Magellan

The top on that other one is killer!

I wonder if he is going to switch out the tuners. Those tips look like like they may be getting pretty brittle.