Topic: Set List

I know you guys like updates on what the boys are dishing out , Here's one for Oklahoma May 12th
and Amarillo May 11th

BRIDGE TO BETTER DAYS
WALK IN MY SHADOWS
BLUES DELUXE
MOUNTAIN TIME
BURNING HELL
ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE
SLOE GIN
HIGHWATER EVERYWHERE
IF HEARTACHES WERE NICKELS
WOKE UP DREAMING
DJANGO
JUST GOT PAID
encore
ASKING AROUND FOR YOU
ONE OF THESE DAYS

18:20 Flight Dallas to London , gotta get moving

I'm outta here , Bye y'all   and Especially Rhonda my Roadtrip buddy , it was fantastic fun see you again
"Are you Doubting me ?" are those chicken's still running loose in the yard smile

..................... michael  wink

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Re: Set List

Michael, It was a pleasure to meet you. Sorry no time to sit down and talk. I know we will have other opportunities. You put all new meaning to the Bonafanatic affliction. I admire your willingness to come to the states and wing a trip like that. I hope you stopped to see some sites along the way.

This being my first full set with the new lineup I will make some observations from a veteran of over half a hundred shows since I first saw Joe in 2002.

The first 4 songs having been in the set for some time lulls you into the belief that nothing much has changed with the addition of Keys and new bassist Carmine Rojas. Carmine's playing is such a suttle difference but its obvious the guy is a seasoned pro. Great tone, dynamics and timing. Bogie and him lock in for the night and the pocket is as solid as I have ever seen it.

Then the changes to the band and setlist become more pronounced.

Sloe Gin has got to be one of the most powerful songs Joe has ever done. I know now why he chose to make it the title track. This song will be a show mainstay for guite some time. Hertaches what a version with Rick's Keys and the band joining in on this acoustic arrangement.

High Water acoustic. One of my favorites from You and Me performed live. WOW. On to Woke Up that again WOW's them everytime.

The second time I have heard Django live and it is such a change of pace from the entire set it really showcases there ability to do anything.

Just Got Paid is definately a great song to end the set with and it sounds as good as ever with Bogie's solo.

Asking Around was especially emotional for me last night having lost a good friend some time during the night on Friday. I received the news during load in Saturday and struggled with composure all day. He was a musician and one of those rare people that would light up a room when he was on stage. I had urged him to see Joe in KC in January and he was an instant fan. He was looking forward to seeing Joe in OKC last night I believe he was there. To Howard.

One Of These Days from the new album finishes the night and again shows this band has power and finese . Another clue to the direction the new album has taken from an acoustic album to an album with acoustic on it.
The last two songs are when Rick's Keyboard work is really showcased.

An enthusiastic crowd brought to their feet several times during the set. Thanks to the Mighty Orq for coming up from Houston. If you ever get a chance to see them do so.

Thanks Jim and I'm sorry for your loss.  Howard's spirit is now bound to Joe's..He'll be with you....This post helps to fill in the details in my mind movie of the new show.....Cathy

Hey Jim, thanks for you insight into the new band/setlist.  Sorry to hear about your loss, never good to lose someone.

Music is good for the Soul...

5 (edited by ZCat 2007-05-19 12:25:12)

Sorry to be ignorant, but is that One of These Days a Ten Years After cover, or is it a new song by Joe?

I love that TYA song, Joe always plays the best covers!!!

ZCat wrote:

Sorry to be ignorant, but is that One of These Days a Ten Years After cover, or is it a new song by Joe?

Yes, it's the Ten Years After song covered by Joe. Just brought up the lyrics and Joe changed the order from those I could find online but it's still a fine rendition.

amateur location recorder

flipp wrote:
ZCat wrote:

Yes, it's the Ten Years After song covered by Joe. Just brought up the lyrics and Joe changed the order from those I could find online but it's still a fine rendition.

Can't wait to hear that song live.  That is one of may favorite songs by TYA.  A space in time is a great album too...

Music is good for the Soul...

8 (edited by Rocket 2007-05-21 17:24:27)

Ahhh, those who only check General Topics or topics they subscribe to miss out!  I had been wondering if it was going to be the Pink Floyd cover of "One of These Days", but it was difficult to imagine Joe saying "....I'm gonna cut you up into little pieces"...Musically I could imagine the rest, however....Great to hear Joe is covering Ten Years After, one of my all time favorites!   To me David, the "Let the Sky Fall" track from Space in Time
had that "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" riff sound to it, which they covered on Sssshhh. Sssshhh and Blind Faith were both '69 releases, and I noticed Had to Cry Today had that same Good Morning Little Schoolgirlish riff (as TYA later covered it on A Space In Time) to it also!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

9 (edited by flipp 2007-05-21 14:22:51)

David A. wrote:
flipp wrote:
ZCat wrote:

Can't wait to hear that song live.  That is one of may favorite songs by TYA.  A space in time is a great album too...

Joe Bonamassa 2007-05-12 OKC OK flac

http://bt.etree.org/download.php/506727 … 16.torrent

My first attempt at creating a torrent, hope I did everything correctly. If anyone has any problems with it, let me know and I'll try to correct it.

the above link goes to the .torrent file, if you just want to see the info page click http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=506727

amateur location recorder