1 (edited by Logo33 2011-03-28 15:01:37)

Topic: Triple Humbucker Explorer

Joe-
It seems like every time I meet you I forget the questions I wanna ask... Whats the story with the 3 humbucker explorer you used on Young Man's Blues in Pittsburgh. Killer Guitar! And big thanks again for signing my Flying V, I'm about to stay up all night practicing now. Fantastic show

Logan

PS Joe, I'll totally trade you my flying v for another guitar if you want it.

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

Re: Triple Humbucker Explorer

bump

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.

not sure about the 3 HB's, - take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TIGS9NyYdg

about 1min 20 he talks about Explorer, -

lookout for Joes "I bought this in Germany and it's been through the war" on the Vee..... Oops. big_smile

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

I think it's an early 80's Korina Explorer matching to his Flying V

two pickups though.... not three.  hmm

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hey Guys,
          In Pittsburgh I did break out my 1984 Triple Pickup Gibson Explorer.  I had to ship the double neck to Europe and the explorer has been its back up for the tour.  I think the guitar was some kind of one off in 1984.  I bought it because I had not seen another one before.  It has some typical 80's characteristics like its a bit heavy and the pickups are in the high 11 to 12k range..  As you would going for that early Scorpions or Night Ranger vibe.  Its a cool guitar though.. The room in Pittsburgh was such a wash on stage because of its high ceilings I couldn't tell if it sound any good.  I also have a early 80's korina reissue Explorer to match the holy V.. But I decided to leave it behind this time..  Im getting my ducks in a row for the BCC tour... Im bringing the Rock guitars out...  I mean if not now when??  Btw that was a very nice flying V Logo 33..  I could tell just from holding it a few seconds that it has many good notes in it..
Joe B... via Montreal..