Topic: Joe Smoked the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Sunday Evening!!!!!!!!!!!

TeleFreakSteve Here:
   Listen up kids! Smokin' Joe layed 'em in the aisles last Sunday and there were a number of notable people in the audience. Most of the people I talked to before the show either hadn't heard of Joe before or were getting to see him for the first time. Ah ... sweet virginity!
   Before the show, I charged up to the stage and photographed Joe's pedalboard and amp setup. Two guys were there discussing the fact that the vintage 100 watt Marshall Head definitely had enough steam to fry everyone's eardrums in the room, much less the three other amps, two miked cabinets, etc. WAY COOL! But the really neat thing was, I got to meet Mike Charvel of Charvel and Wayne Guitars, who was introduced to me by one of the ex guitar players from the Fabulous Thunderbirds! WOW!
   Never underestimate the power of small venues to reach out to new people as well as some very interesting ones. I find myself hoping to GOD that Joe stays the same and never graduates to the ONLY STADIUM GIG SYNDROME .... But, I really don't think I have much to worry about, and not because he doesn't warrant the attention. In my eyes, the man is a legend before it's time. Just follow the link to Sand Dollar Blues on the home page and check out what another Guitar God, Ted Nugent, has to say about his riffs.
   Believe me, I know scales, and this man has as many as any of the most outrageous jazz players we have heard. As far as my favorite of Joe's guitars, HEY, I'm TeleFreakSteve, dammit, it HAS to be the GOLD and RED Thinline Telecaster. Of course, that flame Orange Les Paul has tone out the Yin/Yang ... NOPE, has to be the Thinline!
   Well, have to go for now. Love and Hugs to all from the FlowerPower Generation.
       Smoke 'emifyougottem!
            Steve and Janet
                Selma, Oregon

Re: Joe Smoked the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Sunday Evening!!!!!!!!!!!

Great music and great brew, what an awesome combination!!!

Music is good for the Soul...