Topic: Ho Ho Hoey

Just heard today that Gary Hoey is coming to Pittsburgh May 11th. He's playing a small blues club here called Moondogs. You can probably fit 200 people in Moondogs if they are all standing. Great vibe there. Definatly a "blues bar"  Anyone seen Gary Hoey lately and care to comment on what I can expect?    Ana Popovich is there the same week. Then Joe in June at The 3 rivers arts festival.  Summer's starting off with a bang.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Re: Ho Ho Hoey

Great guy, very very cool. Saw him the day before St. Paddys day, one proud  Irishman. Your goin to get some draw dropping guitar playing. He will hit you hard with some surf, Jimi, star spangled banner, and when your yelling your **** off, he'll throw the strat behind his neck!

Took time after the show to sign everything, and look you in the eye when talking to you. Absolutely genuine person!

Before I forget, I have to drop this little story. In the middle of the set, he finishes this song, calls out in the mike for a woman in the audience to come up to the stage. Apparently it was her birthday, she comes from the back of the club, she had to be 6ft.6 with heels on, long blond hair to her waist with a mini dress on! The look on his face was like " oh my god, wow".

He is playing with Joe in May, I hope they trade some licks, it would be unreal!
I'm working on what we talked about.

TTYL............Dave

Thanks Dave. I have quite a few discs of his, including all the Christmas stuff. Which really rocks by the way. You're a mean one Mr. Grinch. Killer tune. Can't believe there aren't more people on here throwing out their .2  Oh well. Great summary Dave.  Thanks

Jeff:

I will chime in on my buddy Gary.
Such a great guy to sit down and talk with. He kills on any guitar he reaches for.
Many great memories from Dallas Guitar Show a couple of years back in meeting him.
We are tryin to get him out out to the West Coast for some shows, but no luck yet.

Enjoy the show in your area.

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread

Thanks Ron.  As it turned out, couldn't make the Hoey show. Man was I bummed. He was in the studio of our local rock station and played a few tunes that had me so pumped.   GOD I HATE WORK. It's the reason I miss so many good shows. Luckly I requested off for Joe on June 14th at our Arts festival and July 21st Frank Marino at the blues festival.