Re: OKC 5/8

Heck New Yorkers (the whole damn state) can be more obnoxious sober or drunk, hot and bothered or not, shoot, whether a just cause, or just becuase, or just B****ing to think out loud....and to top it all off, we'll tell you we are really happy and be totally serious!!!  Not only that, teeny tiny meek accomodating at home type women here tell big hairy drunks to sit the hell down or her husband will kick their you know what, even though his eyeballs may be floating in a beer themselves while he's got a goofy grin having a better time than the stupid drunk even!!!  And HOT? Holy cow a New York (statewide) club in July-August WITH A/C, WITH summer clothing, and WITHOUT smoke still is sometimes, for lack of a better, more accurate description, very wet, pungent, and grimy!

One thing does seem strange though, no emergency lighting??? Oh well, anyway it's sliced it sounds like a highly memorable 30th for Joe Bonamassa and all others attending....love to hear a taping of the blowout and hubbub!!! : )

The power problem was almost assuredly a current surge, maybe due to the probable low power factor (VAR) of the wiring coupled with heat, humidity, flooding, possible local grid problem(s) and music burning so hot hell struck!....some capacitors to offset the current lag may be a good mod to make if they aren't in place now Jim...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Well, Jim, I've been to a few clubs here in Texas and have not had the problem with drunks ruining the show. There were so many at the Road House, sorry if I upset you. We did love being there to help Joe celebrate his birthday, just wish there hadn't been so many loud people that should not have been served so much alcohol. I don't know about Oklahoma laws, but in Texas, the bartender/establishment can be held resposible for serving someone too much alcohol. And maybe I should not post about such things as I was married to an alcoholic for 11 years and it is a touchy subject for me. I probably have less tolerance for it than most people, and it is why I do not drink any more at all.
And for A/C, he may have had it serviced, but if the unit is old, no matter how many times you service it, it will never work as well as it used to. We have the same problem at my job, the A/C is 20 years old and we have spent thousands on it over the last 2 or 3 summers, only to have the whole thing replaced this year.
Again, sorry if I upset you. Don't mean to. We value your friendship too much to make you mad. Hope you accept my appology.
Cion

Don't worry about it Cion. Bars survive on Drunks. It's hard to pay the electric bill much less the repair bills selling Diet Coke. As a non smoker I have to deal with smoking in a club too. I wish the Road House was non smoking. I think the chances of it surviving with out smoking and drinking (booze) would be slim and none.

I would like to close by saying the crowd I felt was a boisterous, enthusiastic and understanding. When they joined together to sing Happy Birthday to Joe while he was getting ready for the acoustic set was priceless.