1 (edited by Aaron 2006-05-29 11:55:28)

Topic: Saw Joe last night in Chico, CA...

It was my first time to see him.  Just freakin' jawdropping!  Nice job Joe.

I think we gave him a good Chico welcome.

Also, I work at Chandler guitars and Paul just finished up Joe's new Lectraslide (black) on Friday.  I got to play it a bit before I left work...very sweet!  Oh yeah, ...sorry about that ding (just kidding!).  I didn't see it at the show on Sunday, so I was wondering if the man himself was going to swing by the shop & just pick it up Monday morning, since he was in town.  Too bad I have monday off.

Good to be here at the forum.

Later,

Aaron

Re: Saw Joe last night in Chico, CA...

wow really? I havent been able to find any dealers around here with a Lectraslide in stock, been on the edge wanting to play one for quite a while lol (id like to play one before i buy one)...how do they feel? lol. is there a dealer list on the chandler website?

Welcome aboard Aaron.  Jaw dropping is a good way to describe seeing Joe for the first time.  He keeps getting better and better too.  Will look for the black Lectraslide at the next show we go too.

Music is good for the Soul...

Big Rob wrote:

wow really? I havent been able to find any dealers around here with a Lectraslide in stock, been on the edge wanting to play one for quite a while lol (id like to play one before i buy one)...how do they feel? lol. is there a dealer list on the chandler website?

I don't know about finding a dealer. You could call them at 530-899-1503 & tell them where you are, and they could check the area for dealers.  To me, the neck is really comfortable, but that's a pretty subjective aspect of a guitar.

The pickups are handmade by Adrian Chandler.  It has a 6 way rotary pickup selector switch.  If I remember correctly, the positions are

1. Neck humbucking
2. Neck split (single coil)
3. Both out of phase series(?) not sure on that
4. Both humbuckers
5. Bridge split
6. Bridge humbucking

I'm not sure on the #3 position, but I think that's it.

Anyway, they come in black, red, & an awesome sunburst, & natural matte (I think).

As soon as I can justify buying another guitar, I'm either going to get one...or a Chandler 555.  Scha-wing!

Aaron

Nice to see Humboldt County getting high on Joe! Spread the word near & far.  Now for a little east coast style chop busting...You work at Chandler and you don't know if you make a natural matte finish Lectraslide?! But seriously do you get any kind of discount? Did you secretly etch your initials on Joe's guitar?! If no, why not? Youy must have a bit of pride I would imagine! Take care and thanks for hopping aboard (and know I am a kidder MOST of the time but certainly to you now)!  I'm surte Joe will like the guitar and it will be my favorite (when he's playing it)!!!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

6 (edited by Aaron 2006-05-31 22:51:33)

Rocket wrote:

Nice to see Humboldt County getting high on Joe! Spread the word near & far.  Now for a little east coast style chop busting...You work at Chandler and you don't know if you make a natural matte finish Lectraslide?! But seriously do you get any kind of discount? Did you secretly etch your initials on Joe's guitar?! If no, why not? Youy must have a bit of pride I would imagine! Take care and thanks for hopping aboard (and know I am a kidder MOST of the time but certainly to you now)!  I'm surte Joe will like the guitar and it will be my favorite (when he's playing it)!!!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

LOL! I didn't etch any secret coded messages on Joe's, but have on some other guy's.  Mostly letters standing for a less than savory phrase.  Maybe I should have a rubber stamp made that says -  "Made In China...psych!!!", or "Help, I'm being held hostage at Chandler Guitars!!" or "Now you've done it!!"  -   to stamp in the neck pocket or somewhere in the pickup cavity.  That would be pretty funny.