Topic: Jim Suhler / George Thorogood

Got an opportunity to see a good friend and great player last night. Jim Suhler and Monkeybeat opened for Thorogood last night in Houston.

I have to say Monkeybeat's set was great. A couple of new tunes off the latest release and a few crowd favorites in front of a packed house. A lot of new fans were introduced to Suhler. Got to visit with the guys, but not Jim as he was busy getting ready for his set with George.

George seems to have evolved some and gave Jim some well deserved credit and several solos during the evening.

One highlight of the evening was hearing the sound man play JB (Burning Hell) just before Monkeybeat took the stage.

Great show, great band. I highly recommend going to see Monkeybeat if you get the chance, and check out their latest release "Tijuana Bible" too. It's a good one.

Jim Suhler and Monkeybeat

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Re: Jim Suhler / George Thorogood

Wow, all 3 of my favorites...first the sound man plays Joe, then St. Jimmy opens, then George takes the stage...sounds to me like heaven.  Thanks for the report!!

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Was there a post that said either Joe was on the new CD or they were opening for him?

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2063

Yeah, St. Jimmy said it himself...Joe contributed to a track on the CD, but I don't recall anyone saying one of them was opening for the other.

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Jim Suhler will be playing at Route 66 Roadhouse in OKC on 5/8, Joe's birthday bash.

They have opened for Joe and played with Joe many times.

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

So far I've only been able to find the new CD on the UK site w/ min. shipping 10euro!! Best Buy and Amazon have other works. When, where, can I get the new CD. Is there an earlier CD that you favor, and, is he touring with Thorogood (because he'll be in Tampa next w/e)?

From Jim Suhler's web site:

Jim Suhler & Monkey Beat will be opening for George Thorogood & the Destroyers ...

Thursday, April 26 - Stubb's BBQ  Austin, TX

Friday, April 27 - Billy Bob's Texas  Ft. Worth, TX

Saturday, April 28 - Warehouse Live  Houston, TX

Tuesday, May 1 - Florida Theatre  Jacksonville, FL

Weds. May 2 - Hard Rock Live   Orlando, FL

We will have copies of the NEW CD "Tijuana Bible" available at these shows,

so come see George Thorogood & the Destroyers plus Jim Suhler & 

Monkey Beat and pick up"Tijuana Bible"! The CD will be released in Europe

on April 24, but not in the US at this time.

BUT... you can order the CD online by visiting www.roundereurope.com

I'm a little embarrassed to say that Jim Suhler played WITH George Thorogood at the Tampa Fest and I didn't realize it was him!!! I was so "under the spell" of George's total SEXINESS that I got lost!! This is very atypical of me!!! At least he's the appropriate age for me!!! It was a great set, but I will kick my own butt about this for a while!!!