Re: Is this the "Goldie" Auction?

I can't make the viewing this week, but a friend went to the first day at Bonhams yesterday and Goldie wasn't there! Where is she?  yikes

Has she been pulled from the sale or bought via the back door or is there a more innocent explanation?

Feel free  to speculate.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

20 (edited by pattyluvsjoe 2011-01-24 11:38:53)

I saw recently either on Facebook or Twitter a reference made by someone to Joe that Goldie would be warmed up for him.  Don't quote me on any of that, but am at work so can't check the reference....seems like Sterling was part of the name....memory is failing me right now.
                                                                                                          plj

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Sterling Ball???????  (trying to remember.....)
                             plj

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I am posting this just to prove I haven't lost my mind.......... lol
Sterling Ball post
Joe cant wait to see you Goldie is warmed up! I am going to love to see you Rodney Crowell Steve Lukather and Huey Lewis
of year and Glen! fun night ahead Thanks so much
January 20

pattyluvs  cool

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I was under the impression Goldie was at one of the USA auctions and not London.

Wooders wrote:

I can't make the viewing this week, but a friend went to the first day at Bonhams yesterday and Goldie wasn't there! Where is she?  yikes

Has she been pulled from the sale or bought via the back door or is there a more innocent explanation?

Feel free  to speculate.

Phil

Wooders wrote:

Feel free  to speculate.

Phil

Mystery solved. My friend has not been a fan of Joe for long and was looking for a Les Paul. Doh! roll

I couldn’t stand the suspense of “is Goldie there or not” any longer so I sneaked down to Bonhams this morning and there she was! I spent a few minutes in her presence, kneeling in front of her and photographing her from all angles, front, back and sides. I even had a little stroke. yikes I was surprised that I was allowed to use my camera and was expecting a tap on the shoulder at any moment. I thought the risk was worth taking, however. She still looks beautiful but the lacquer is quite crazed now. It was great to see Goldie at last; I just wish I could have heard that beautiful tone first hand.

One of the photos I took was of the card detailing her provenance which mentions it was the guitar Joe played at Rockpalast. There wasn’t much else mentioned. There is a guide price which you’ll have to wait for. big_smile

I’ll upload the pics when I get home this evening. wink

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

25 (edited by BluesMan 2011-01-27 10:06:24)

Very cool Phil and I'm anxiously awaiting your pictures! cool

Cost?? I guess if you have to ask, you can't aford it. wink

Roy

Joe is the Best!

You stroked Goldie????? How bold of you  wink

Looking forward to seeing the pics (and the price)

That is so cool Phil !  Wish I could have seen it, too.  I know when we went to the Columbus,OH show to get my guitar and were walking thru the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, we were all thinking about "Goldie" being in the same building we were in.  Like the rest, can't wait to see the pics !

pattyluvsjoe

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I LOVE THAT GUITAR!!! I would have wet my pants trying to get pics.  cool

No matter. I hope it goes for good money for a good cause. No one else will make that axe sound as good.

Stay Safe

As promised here's Goldie

You'll have to look at the photos to see the guide price. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it exceeds the upper end of the range.  cool

I'm so glad I went to this preview.  smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

I must have it.

Very nice Phil. A collector's item sure to appreciate in the future.  cool Gee, wouldn't that be cool hanging on the wall in the Hard Rock Cafe for the wetting down party just before the Joeshow here.... tongue Now to examine the bank acct. OOPS!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Wooders wrote:

You'll have to look at the photos to see the guide price. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it exceeds the upper end of the range.  cool

Phil

Some really nice pictures of old Goldie, brings back some early show memories for sure!  Can somebody loan me a dime!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Wooders wrote:

Phil

Great photos Phil. The description doesn't do it justice. Being played on Rockpalast video is such a small part of it's history. Now if Mrs. jim m would just understand cashing in the IRA for that would be a good investment.

Thank you Phil - brings back so many memories.  I so miss hearing that guitar - and the Gigliiotti's.    I hope it goes to someone who really appreciates it.

Maybe a group of us should get together and pool our money?  We could take turns "owning" it.  Now that would be cool.  (The current "owner" would have to personally deliver it to the next one - that could make for some interesting trips!).  Dream on as they say.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Jane H. wrote:

I'm rooting for xcorporate and my predicition is $27,152 US or whatever the closest increment to that is

I have to ask why and the significance of the exact dollar amount. Should we start a pool on the amount the closest without going over wins something?

Spider wrote:

I LOVE THAT GUITAR!!! I would have wet my pants trying to get pics.  cool

No matter. I hope it goes for good money for a good cause. No one else will make that axe sound as good.

Stay Safe

I'd wet your pants for you to have it! I'd wet my pants every day and get institutionalized just for me to have it to have and hold and be my playmate of every month I live!!!

I agree no one will make her sound as good.  I know I would die trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't have a goldie parachute to land her in my zone safely.  I decry her ending up with someone having to have to have to have. Only. And not play her hard and never put her away whetted...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”