1 (edited by Stu Craig 2007-04-27 14:11:45)

Topic: CD recommendations?

I recently upgraded the stereo system in my truck. Nothing really fancy, but it's a decent upgrade for me. I'm wondering what one CD you reach for when you want to show off your home or car stereo? Not necessarily your favorite artist or favorite song, but the CD that just sounds the best (at relatively loud levels). So far, I think War's "The World is a Ghetto" CD (and that song in particular) is the one I'm dropping in when I'm showing someone my new setup.

What do you reach for?

Re: CD recommendations?

Van Halen - Hot for Teacher

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Mother's Finest Live!!!

Peace and Love!

If you want to get the separation going, try "Whole Lotta Love" by Zep.

Music is good for the Soul...

Lindsey Buckingham  Out of the Cradle                                 Great Prodution Acoustic sound and Bass
John Mellencamp       Whenever you want             This album rocks David Grisson on Guitar best sounding rock album start to finish.
Donald Fagan            Kamakiriad                            Again great sound songs are catchy great production.
Heart                        Desire Walks on or Brigade           great sounding rock albums

Any rap for that heavy bass or on a more serious note,
Peace Machine (title track) from Philip Sayce

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

AC/DC ..... Back in Black    wink

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Humble Pie, Rockin the Filmore......... Im Ready
Rory Gallagher, Irish Tour..... Cradle Rock
White Stripes, Elephant........ Ball and Biscuit

The Muggs. Doc Mode

I highly recommend the Muggs cd!! Real arse kicker in the car full blast!

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

zosozep7 wrote:

The Muggs. Doc Mode

I highly recommend the Muggs cd!! Real arse kicker in the car full blast!

Rob

The Muggs are one of my new favorite bands. Thanks Rob. And yes it sounds great cranked up in the car.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

brain salad surgury elp
robin trower bridge of sighs
supertramp crime of the century
dark side of the moon pink floyd
return to forever romantic warrior
live at leeds the who

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

Excellent choice. I dig the whole Jazz fusion thing. Though not fusion per se, I'll go with Caravanserai by Santana. Listen to it with headphones to get the whole experience.

Don

Bluesrocker wrote:
gary wrote:

Excellent choice. I dig the whole Jazz fusion thing. Though not fusion per se, I'll go with Caravanserai by Santana. Listen to it with headphones to get the whole experience.

If you are into santana ,checkout the live album lotus from around the caravansari era

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Stu Craig wrote:

I recently upgraded the stereo system in my truck. Nothing really fancy, but it's a decent upgrade for me. I'm wondering what one CD you reach for when you want to show off your home or car stereo? Not necessarily your favorite artist or favorite song, but the CD that just sounds the best (at relatively loud levels). So far, I think War's "The World is a Ghetto" CD (and that song in particular) is the one I'm dropping in when I'm showing someone my new setup.

What do you reach for?

Mornin Stu

I love " War", them and "Santana" were two bands that crossed all ethinic groups in the neighborhood I grew up in.

Dont know if your into "RUSH", but if you can handle Geddy Lee ( either people love or hate him ). Anyways they put out a really cool cover album a few years ago, it's called "Feedback", they absolutely kill it. I wish I had the cover of the album on a shirt, take a look.

Shredit

Jane H. wrote:

Dark Side of the Moon

Always a classic - thanks!

pcornell wrote:

Van Halen - Hot for Teacher

Yery true! All the older Van Halen seems to play real strong. Thanks

Lui wrote:

Mother's Finest Live!!!

Will have to check that one out. Thanks

David A. wrote:

If you want to get the separation going, try "Whole Lotta Love" by Zep.

Tried that one. Great song as are all the old Zep's but the production value isn't quite there it seems. Thanks

jim m wrote:

Lindsey Buckingham  Out of the Cradle                                 Great Prodution Acoustic sound and Bass
John Mellencamp       Whenever you want             This album rocks David Grisson on Guitar best sounding rock album start to finish.
Donald Fagan            Kamakiriad                            Again great sound songs are catchy great production.
Heart                        Desire Walks on or Brigade           great sounding rock albums

Some good suggestions, thanks. Don't have any of them, either!