Topic: I need friends

Were are the California people on the forum?. Is it just me, JDAWG and MICHAEL D? Come on now, theres millions in this state. If your just a guest, jump on in! Dont be shy, nobodys going to correct your grammar.  Look at me, it's always one paragrah, poor sentence structure, etc. etc. etc. If I've seen you in the Sacramento region, and turned you on to Joe, I'm the mailman or the dude at gigs. You know me, shaved head, white gotee, six feet, 200 lbs., bowl legged, a couple of mucsles, and easily mistaken for being Italian or from the mediterranean. Summertime is coming, it's music, cold beer, and baseball. I'm waiting for your reply. I'm pushing hard to pack the show in Reno. It's a Thurs. though, and people dont like there week interrupted.

Have a good day!..........Shredit ( a.k.a. Dave )

Re: I need friends

We'll I don't want to leave you out hanging with such a wonderful invite, so I'll be the first to answer.

I won't tell you where I am from, but I'll give you a few clues.

1)  I am right in your backyard, you may see me out there where the buffalo roam and playing with the deer.  (This is the actual city.)

2) I am the No. 1 Tesla fan on the board here.  "Crank the Frank"  is an expression I seem to be using alot lately.

3)  You may recognize my avatar.  In fact you should since I saw where your gonna throw out the first pitch at the game.  Who knows maybe you caught a hotdog from the "CAT" (the avatar)  from the hotdog cannon. If you did, did the hotdog stay as one or spray all over you?

4) Sometimes we are known as the "River City", hence part of my board name and the fact  "The River" is one of my all-time favorite Joe songs.   

So glad to have you on the board and looking forward to more of your writings smile

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:

We'll I don't want to leave you out hanging with such a wonderful invite, so I'll be the first to answer.

I won't tell you where I am from, but I'll give you a few clues.

1)  I am right in your backyard, you may see me out there where the buffalo roam and playing with the deer.  (This is the actual city.)

2) I am the No. 1 Tesla fan on the board here.  "Crank the Frank"  is an expression I seem to be using alot lately.

3)  You may recognize my avatar.  In fact you should since I saw where your gonna throw out the first pitch at the game.  Who knows maybe you caught a hotdog from the "CAT" (the avatar)  from the hotdog cannon. If you did, did the hotdog stay as one or spray all over you?

4) Sometimes we are known as the "River City", hence part of my board name and the fact  "The River" is one of my all-time favorite Joe songs.   

So glad to have you on the board and looking forward to more of your writings smile

Thank youuuu! I thought I'd never see any one from Sac town. Hope your going to make Reno show. E-mail me if you want, I'll get back to you. Frank Hannon is one GREAT guitar player. Probably bumped into to you at " The Boardwalk" ( man they need to remodel the bathroom! )

See Ya...........Dave

Since I'm a girl, I'll take your word about the bathroom.  I am pretty sure that is not where you bumped into me.

But you may have run into me at the Rivercats game.  By the way, when do you get to throw the first pitch?  Since Barry Zito is across the bay, this may be your chance wink   

I saw Joe when he was at Crystal Bay in Lake Tahoe.  It was sunny here but when we were heading up we had a surprise.  It was snowing.  Luckily, it wasn't too hard of a snowfall and we were able to drive right thru.  Yeaaaaa, we made the show on time.  The snow just made Lake Tahoe even more picturesque  smile

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:

Since I'm a girl, I'll take your word about the bathroom.  I am pretty sure that is not where you bumped into me.

But you may have run into me at the Rivercats game.  By the way, when do you get to throw the first pitch?  Since Barry Zito is across the bay, this may be your chance wink   

I saw Joe when he was at Crystal Bay in Lake Tahoe.  It was sunny here but when we were heading up we had a surprise.  It was snowing.  Luckily, it wasn't too hard of a snowfall and we were able to drive right thru.  Yeaaaaa, we made the show on time.  The snow just made Lake Tahoe even more picturesque  smile

Hello River Cat, great to hear from you. I didn't think anyone was going to respond ( LOL ). I hope you can make it to Sparks. We will be at table 31, JDAWG 21, Michael D 41. I'm bringing my brother and two friends.
As far as throwing out the first pitch,  my buddy said he hopes there in town the same week of the show. Gotta check the " cats " schedule. I've been asking all my friends about what to do: throw a lob, curveball, knuckleball, or the heat ! Tell me what I should do. Dont want to get booed! My buddy is not a sports dude. I'm not sure he even knows all the specifics. Heh maybe I get batting practice too. Ok, I know I'm just wishing. I've been to a few minor league parks, it's a really nice one.

See ya........Dave

Shredit wrote:

I've been asking all my friends about what to do: throw a lob, curveball, knuckleball, or the heat ! Tell me what I should do.

Personally, I think you should throw a Hairball.  *cough, cough, hack*

You are going to have such a blast!  They may take your picture with the catcher after the pitch. And with the ball, you might be able to get it autographed.  The A's rely heavily on the Rivercats so you never know who is going to make there way thru.  Bob Geren, a former Rivercats manager just became the A's manager this year.  Enjoy your moment on the beautiful Raley Field smile

Will let you know about the show smile

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:

Loved Bill King, miss him badly. Bummed out big time after his passing last year. When we were kids, my brother Gary would spend the night at Bills house. His son and my brother were in the same class. I felt like I lost some of my childhood on his passing. The man is a bay area legend. "Holy Toledo" I'm late for my shower.

See Ya........Shred

P. S. I let you know the exact date on "the hairball" Got some of my loud friends and family showing up. They better keep security close by (LOL)