Re: Steepwater Band

The Steepwater Band in St. Louis Rhonda with Devon Allman this Friday.
http://www.myspace.com/thesteepwaterband

For those interested some news from the Steepwater Band camp:

After a quiet summer, The Steepwater Band is gearing up for another busy autumn season. The trio is proud to announce the release of their first ever live album. On October 19, Diamond Day Records will issue "The Steepwater Band: Live at the Double Door", a disc cram-packed with over 75 minutes of music that was recorded back in May at arguably the best venue in Chicago. The set includes live versions of classics from both "Revelation Sunday" and "Grace & Melody", and also features the band's brand new single "The Stars Look Good Tonight". In celebration of this release the guys would love to invite you to the House of Blues Backporch Stage on Saturday, October 16 for your first chance to grab this record. Tickets for this show go on sale Friday at 10am. Our good friends from Indianapolis, Healing Sixes are opening the show.

Live at the Double Door track listing:

1. Indiana Line

2. Roadblock

3. Fire Away

4. Revelation Sunday

5. Dance Me a Number

6. Healer

7. All the Way To Nowhere

8. Baby, You're On Your Own

9. A Lot of Love Around

10. Lord Knows

11. Steel Sky

12. One Way Ride

13. World Keeps Moving On

14. The Stars Look Good Tonight

15. Waiting to be Offended (iTunes only track)

When I was a child I spoke as a child, But all I heard was how I should get ahead,
Now growing up it ain't anything but all This indecision with these debts and doubts
And worries hanging over my head. When I was a child I spoke as a child,
I wish I could remember what I said.

Headed down to Chicago on Saturday for the Steepwater Band cd release party at the House of Blues Back Porch. They have a new "LIVE" cd coming out next week. I have heard a couple of tracks and it sounds great.

Healing Sixes are opening the show, I've been wanting to see them live since I first heard their singer on Joe's version of Tea for One. Should be a great show.

Also Steepwater Band will be in Wisconsin the first weekend of Novermber. Rome WI on the 5th and Madison on the 6th.

When I was a child I spoke as a child, But all I heard was how I should get ahead,
Now growing up it ain't anything but all This indecision with these debts and doubts

Great show at HOB back porch Saturday. Healing Sixes were not all up to what I expected but okay. Steepwater Band was spot on and full of spit and vinegar. They put on a fantastic show. Picked up a copy of the new live cd and it is the best thing they have ever put out.

This weekend Wisconsin.

Friday at In Good Spirits in Rome , WI

Saturday at Crystal Corner Bar in Madison, Wi with Soul Shaker

I'll be there.

The Steepwater band was in an accident on the way to Wisconsin Friday afternoon and had to cancel the weekend shows. The van was hit by a truck while going 70 MPH. The van spun around 180 degrees and the equipment trailer rolled on its side as everything slid across 3 lanes to collide with the cement median. The band was shook up but okay. Some parts of the PA and the drum kit did not fair as well.

New track for their upcoming album. I like it a lot.

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_8850714

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVY41cXNPQ New video for the upcoming album very Black Keys like.

jim m wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVY41cXNPQ New video for the upcoming album very Black Keys like.

Thanks Jim.These guys are from my neck of the woods ,but never have been able to see them .They were at a fest close enough to me this summer and had planned to go ,but plans got squashed at last minute.Ut will still be trying.With this new cd are they changing thrir sound?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

jim m wrote:

Sounds great.

gary wrote:
jim m wrote:

Thanks Jim.These guys are from my neck of the woods ,but never have been able to see them .They were at a fest close enough to me this summer and had planned to go ,but plans got squashed at last minute.Ut will still be trying.With this new cd are they changing thrir sound?

They have been changing their sound since I first saw them in 2007 I think with this album they hit on something that really works for me. I always liked them better live than on record but this one is by far the best track for track album. They are worth making time for their live show. Jeff Massey on guitar is damn good.

Steepwater Band is probably the best live band in the Illinois/Wisconsin area right now. I last caught hem in June with Meantooth Grin and Soulshaker in Rhinlander and I thought Jeff's playing had progressed since the last time I had seen them (which was probably January). If you are in the Chicago or Milwaukee area and you have not checked them out yet, you are cheating yourself of a real treat.

What I've heard of the new cd so far sounds great. Can't wait to get a copy.

Friend Curby put me onto these guys, and the more I hear, the more I like. Really love Dharmakaya and Grace & Melody albums and finally Clava came through the post last week and has hardly been out my player since.

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Three plus One equals Four
~ Making the TSB Live Sound Even Bigger
With great delight, The Steepwater Band would like to welcome touring guitarist Eric Saylors to the family. Alongside original members Jeff Massey: Guitar/Vocals, Tod Bowers: Bass, and Joe Winters: Drums; Eric will join the band on stage as 2nd Guitar/Backing Vocals for all 2012 tour dates and beyond, adding to the already huge live sound the band has become identified with. Best known for his time with the Indianapolis-based rock group Healing Sixes, Eric has worked with such music luminaries as drummer Jason Bonham, and producer Kevin Shirley. He brings a great sense of tone and taste to the current TSB live repertoire, as the band actively turns the page on the next chapter of their ever-evolving sound.

Love it when Marc Ford plays with them.

http://vimeo.com/35671626 Live in studio with interviews.

Caught the Steepwater Band at Shank Hall in Milwaukee last night. This was the first time I had the opportunity to see the new 4 peice line-up. The addition of Eric Saylors on guitar has taken this band to the next level. It seems they had a new energy. Eric and Jeff appear to push each other to play better. I would have to say this may be one of the best 2 guitar blues rock bands touring today. You really need to do yourself a favor and catch them live when you have the chance.

36 (edited by BluesMan 2012-06-11 08:19:58)

Hide the women and children, The Steepwater Band were in the House on May 25th! Well, not my house, but at Shank Hall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. So, as Joe would say, without further ado THIS is The Steepwater Band...the encore of the night. Watch all 13 minutes and 25 seconds of it and as always...Enjoy! smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcB4Ye4cM5Y

Roy

P.S. The Steepwater Band is comprised of Jeff Massey (vocals & guitar), Tod Bowers (bass) and Joe Winters (drums) and add to that in early 2012, a fellow by the name of Eric Saylors (guitar & bk vocal) who reminds me a little bit of Duane Allman. Yes, THAT Duane Allman, and what you have is a killer combination that will Rock you to your very Core!

Joe is the Best!