1 (edited by StewartW 2010-04-19 11:43:53)

Topic: Is this another JB copy

I was having my usual lunch time cruise through the wonderweb and found an interesting guitar. It's from Vintage guitars and it's called the V100MRJBM Gold Top, it says that it has been inspired by the great man, no mention of endorsed, certainly not for a sub £300.00 guitar, interestingly though the reviews say that it is a great buy and a good quality instrument for the money, as I cannot afford a JBLP  cool  (plus you can't get one in the UK even if you wanted to) I may just go out a potentially waste a few hundred quid and see what it's like.

(I am joking of course) big_smile

www.jhs.co.uk/vintageiconguitars.html

Scroll down the page past the strat copies and you'll find it

Have Fun and laugh like it's your first time! You never know you might get to like it! big_smile

Re: Is this another JB copy

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12706

Yeah.... Im flattered that they think enough of me to do that but I would suggest saving your money for the Epiphone JB model due out this year.  I have the prototype on the bus and its ace.  Burst buckers, good hardware and this one is pretty light.  Not to butter my own bread but get one thats sanctioned.  I want to try the "imposter" and see if it plays ok.  Again, they are all like my children.
Joe B

Nice one, Joe

Wow Joe, an Epiphone model as well?!  Look out Slash, here comes Joe Bonamassa the new king of the Les Paul!  That's really cool for them to off an Epi model so that asipring blues guys or blue collar musicians can get in on the action.  Hell, if it's built well and sounds good I might have to pick one up!

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Interesting an epi jblp...I may have to get one to match #264. Will they be a limited run also. Any idea on the price tag?

Gibson Collectors Choice #6
Joe Bonamassa Custom Shop Goldtop Unaged 1st run
Alvarez Acoustic '95
Gibson Skylark GA5-T '65, Marshall JTM45 Reissue, Fender Princton Reverb '72, Modded Bugera V5, Fender Bandmaster '68, Marshall Silver Jubilee 2558

those icon V100's are pretty nice guitars. i brought the cherry sunburst model recently. the hardware and electronics are the same on all of them, just different finishes and the lemon drop has the out of phase wiring. i was gonna get the goldtop, but didn't want to wait. plus i just fell for the one i played. probably not the best guitar in the world, but i love it (till i sell a kidney and get a JB aged in candy apple blue) wink

Fender 60's Strat>Fulltone OCD V4>>TC Electronics Polytune>Orange Dual Terror>Torres 2x10 Cab(with a vintage 30 and a greenback)

put my son down for the Epi JBLP, 'would be good to have a heads up on expected launch date so as to encourage saving of pocket money!

Ian

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Vowed never to buy another Epi - but a JB model would be the exception.

Gits: '03 Gibson Historic R7 Goldtop, '06 Gibson R8 Plaintop, MIJ '62 RI Strat,  and others...
Amps: '99 Marshall 1987x Plexi RI, 1969 Fender Super Reverb

My band: www.meanbones.com

I dont have a actual launch date for the Epi- JBLP.  I would guess in the next 3 to 4 months.  Gibson moves pretty fast when the Prototypes are done.  I am stoked about it.  I really think they sound good.  I even A- B'd the epi with the real thing.  It gets the Joe Brand seal of approval.  Price I dont know, but will come with a certificate that I will sign and I will be in the ball park of similar models
Thanks
Joe B.

Anyone have a picture of the Epi JBLP?

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I dont have a actual launch date for the Epi- JBLP.  I would guess in the next 3 to 4 months.  Gibson moves pretty fast when the Prototypes are done.  I am stoked about it.  I really think they sound good.  I even A- B'd the epi with the real thing.  It gets the Joe Brand seal of approval.  Price I dont know, but will come with a certificate that I will sign and I will be in the ball park of similar models
Thanks
Joe B.

Gits: '03 Gibson Historic R7 Goldtop, '06 Gibson R8 Plaintop, MIJ '62 RI Strat,  and others...

No I don't know how to upload pictures..  But its basically, a unaged JBLP with a Epiphone Headstock.  Pretty cool.. IMHO.. cool
JB

Put me down for one! Joe, when are you coming back to Canada? I was going to do the 7+ hour drive from here to Dayton, Ohio to see you but couldn't get good enough seats...we love you here, man!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

No I don't know how to upload pictures..  But its basically, a unaged JBLP with a Epiphone Headstock.  Pretty cool.. IMHO.. cool
JB

Joe, please push the Epi people to use Gibson pickups, even if it raises the price by $100 or so. Epiphone's pickups are crap.

On another note, hopefully your sinus condition is improving. I get those occasional sinus infections as well. See if you can get a prescription for Flonase. It's a steroidal anti-inflammatory spray. One shot up each nostral in the morning helps keep the passages open.

Major Tom to ground control...

Apparently it will come with Burstbuckers...

RICjunkie wrote:

Joe, please push the Epi people to use Gibson pickups, even if it raises the price by $100 or so. Epiphone's pickups are crap.

On another note, hopefully your sinus condition is improving. I get those occasional sinus infections as well. See if you can get a prescription for Flonase. It's a steroidal anti-inflammatory spray. One shot up each nostral in the morning helps keep the passages open.

16 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2010-04-20 12:11:57)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Yeah.... Im flattered that they think enough of me to do that but I would suggest saving your money for the Epiphone JB model due out this year.  I have the prototype on the bus and its ace.  Burst buckers, good hardware and this one is pretty light.  Not to butter my own bread but get one thats sanctioned.  I want to try the "impostor" and see if it plays ok.  Again, they are all like my children.
Joe B

Looks like I'm saving up for one of these now, unless I can find a 1x12 silver jub combo in the meantime smile

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Since I couldn't afford the Gibson model, I was tempted to turn a decent Tokai goldtop into a JBLP. But now I can just wait for the Epi! cool

Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

Yay!!!  Well, it seems as though I'll be in the same boat as everyone else--start saving my money now!  Couldn't have come at a better time either, cause I've been aching for a Les Paul for such a long time now, but I could never get up to the Gibson price range, and I didn't really want to settle for something cheap.  Epiphones have been somewhat erratic to me--one can play great, another not so much.  But if this Epi has got Joe's seal of approval, good hardware, and Burstbuckers too, then it should be well worth it!