Topic: Forum Members

In looking at the number of members there is on the forum which is at 279, I was wondering how many members were on the old forum before it died???

With the number where is at, which seems kind of low, it would be good to some how to promote the forum to others.  Maybe at the live shows at the merchandise table there could be an email list to join, and then whenever the updates come out encourage all to join the forum.  Is it important for the forum base to grow?  I think so, seems to help in spreading the word about Joe, getting ideas from one another, etc...  Any thoughts?

Music is good for the Soul...

Re: Forum Members

I suspect there are many more lurking. The only reason you have to register is if you want to post. Nothing wrong with that. I predict there will be new members added over the coming months. Good Idea about promoting the website at shows. They used to have a hand out that had the web address. I have an idea and will post on the Street Team topic.

jim m

3 (edited by Lui 2006-05-20 03:20:44)

I try to leave the web address at some places in my school or on a piece of paper somewhere. I think people wouldn't read papers with  too much information on it. I always thought that it attracts one's interest to have a short message, though of course I 'm not sure about that. the business card idea is great!

smile oh, I think I should have posted this in the street team forum, sorry....

Peace and Love!

I have been keeping track of the new members everyday.. We register between 5 and 10 new forum people every day. At that pace we will have over a thousand by the end of the year.  I think in the last two weeks we have almost 100 new members.  I think thats very cool. Remember the old forum was up for 4 years this is about a month and a half we are going at a very good pace. 
Joe Bonamassa

It's also important to remember that quantity isn't everything. Quality trumps quantity every time. Of course, the more people who know about Joe, the better. Hopefully, lurkers will come forward soon.

That's just my two cents.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I have been keeping track of the new members everyday.. We register between 5 and 10 new forum people every day. At that pace we will have over a thousand by the end of the year.  I think in the last two weeks we have almost 100 new members.  I think thats very cool. Remember the old forum was up for 4 years this is about a month and a half we are going at a very good pace. 
Joe Bonamassa

Thanks Joe, that is good to know...

I'm a new member, over 40.  But I'm sort of an old member..of the family.  Hi Joe.  I'm a distant cousin of yours.  Myself & my brothers are looking forward to seeing you @ Turning Stone & hoping to catch up with your Dad.  It's been a long time since we've seen him.

lynchmom wrote:

I'm a new member, over 40.  But I'm sort of an old member..of the family.  Hi Joe.  I'm a distant cousin of yours.  Myself & my brothers are looking forward to seeing you @ Turning Stone & hoping to catch up with your Dad.  It's been a long time since we've seen him.

Welcome aboard Lynchmom... A lot of us are over 40, or so, but Joe's music helps to keep us young in heart!

over 40 lurker stepping forward...just been waiting for the smoke to clear!
KV in Houston

Crap! I'm over 40...but I'm hitting the next milestone this year (I guess I can still get away saying I'm over 40).
Anyway, I find it interesting to look at the number of "hits" as opposed to "posts". There are definitely a lot of lurkers out there. I sometimes find myself lurking and need a strong opinion on some topic to pull me out of "lurk" mode.

To answer your question David A, I spent considerable time on the old forum for about a year and a half... before the new forum took it's place. I think Joe fans that frequent the forum on a regular basis have been bitten harder than most other people, and although increasing the number of forum members has to be good, it probably isn't a true indication of the number of fans out there.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

spongeworthiest wrote:

KV in Houston

"Hi... My name is John, & I'm an over 40er".   tongue

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

spongeworthiest wrote:

KV in Houston

Gotta love your username.......you wouldn't be a Seinfeld fan would you?

KV, I guess you know that tickets are on sale to the show in Houston @ the Meridian?

Meridian Houston

See you there!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

yes of course (to both)...I've been looking forward to the July 21 show since the last one was postponed....I'm sure it will be in the larger room this time...last time Joe blew us away in the Red Room of the Meridian.
KV

It is the big room; should be a great show - tell 20 of your closest friends and get them there.........

Looking forward to it!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe Bonamassa

The forum now has over 300 registered members!!! Like Joe said the pace is on to reach a thousand by the end of the year....