Re: Joe On The George Lopez Show - Tuesday March 16

Maybe I always see the silver lining...like Deezer said its a start.  Joe's name was mentioned several times and he was playing while we were seeing commercials, so the audience got to hear him and they are all getting his new CD, Black Rock.  What I did hear and see of him was all very good and I thought the audience seem to respond positively to him, IMO!

If you remember back to when we all use to talk about Joe getting a cover story in a magazine and how far thats come...consider this Joe's debut into night-time tv.  Also, he'll be on Lopez's website, which is additional exposure.  And most importantly, I'd be surprised if Joe didn't have fun doing this and he'll probably get invited back again.

I actually felt pretty excited for Joe overall for the opportunity.  smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Easy everyone...Rome wasnt won in a day....we all want it so bad for JB for all the right reasons and Joe knows this....he loves us, just read the liner notes inside the Black Rock cover......I'm telling yall he WILL BE known world wide after The Crossroads Festival...I'm workin on sumpin sumpin so I hope evrything falls in place for me (Bill S.) I need your digits if you can email me.....I did thank you  for the photo??....god I hope so  yikes ...I gotta see all my buddies there, I'm Jonesin for another show...man I way off topic...sorry  sad

Shreddy, your Jb representative for the state capital of Caleefornia

P.S......you looked great JB, hope your feeling a little better these days

When I heard he was sitting in with the band I knew it was going to be disappointing. Catching 30 seconds going it to break turned out to be the high point till George held up Black Rock.

What was most impressing is how the word got out. I had people calling me all day. Facebook was plastered with posts. Text messages. It was quite a buzz today. I have never watched GL and doubt I will again. I have a feeling that the Bonamasses gave the show a bit of a ratings boost. That in itself gets Joe closer to a A list late night show. When he can bring an audience with him which I believe he can and proved it tonight.

Some pretty lame guests on the show. Save for Joe B.

Disappointed, but it is a start.  So wanted to see one whole song!  What little we saw of you Joe looked and sounded great.  Would be interesting to hear from Joe how the audience reacted, or if anyone shows up here who was at the show.

Onwards and upwards!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Much ado about very little however I can grudgingly see the baby steps argument..... at this point and after RAH, Joe deserves to be taking Coltrane sized steps... WAKE UP MEDIA>>>>>> roll

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

ohiodawg13 wrote:

I've never watched that show, but I see it on at 8 PM in the comcast guide and again at 11 PM. Does anybody know if the 8 PM show is a rerun of the previous nights show like Comedy Central does with the Daily Show/Colbert Report ? Really doesn't matter since we can record it anyways for posterity. It still bewilders me why Joe hasn't been on Letterman with his connection with Anton Fig????

Think Irish Green,

J McDawg

Yes... also bewildered ! Come on Letterman! smile

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

samjp4 wrote:

Disappointed, but it is a start.

Exactly how I feel. 

In Ohio for work, stayed up to watch it and was quite disappointed.

Hope Everyone enjoys the Riverside show tonight.  I'll be on a plane back to SoCal when Joe hits the stage.

Does anyone know what amp Joe was playing through? It showed him standing in front of a Marshall, but since I'm not a Marshall man I can't identify it.

Alright let me toss the cards on the table and rake in the chips...
Everybody who watched from home may have been a little (or a lot) disappointed.  The reason this is big is one most are not remotely aware of considering.   The L.A. factor.  A wild bunch of star struck young, hip, people crazy about seeing ALL those people who came on the show.  And mostly about being at and on (George Lopez') Lopez Tonight, who may not trip YOUR trigger, but  he is absolutely HUGE in the southern California cultural smelting pot herds of various inclinations, persuasions, orientations, ethnicities, Etcetera, Etcetera, Etcetera...  His popularity is similar on this show alone, let alone other shows, media, to Arsenio Hall's back in the early 1990's.  The barking and fist rolling and pumping of THAT show aren't seen here, but it the same type of vibe.  Those FANS were going CRAZY.  And coming back from one commercial where WE were not treated to Joe Bonamassa (Hell, so WHAT?- we ARE familiar with him), THEY WERE and they were going bonkers.  Yeah , yeah, maybe the APPLAUSE sign was going bonkers, but you could tell it was genuine response to what THEY WERE TREATED to, which MAY have been an entire song, or it may NOT have been.  Doesn't matter.  It does actually, to them, for purposes of disgruffings taking place here, in that MOST were likely BLANK canvasses on Joe Bonamassa. He put some paint down on 'em best he could given the circumstances, likely had a LOT of FUN, and a couple hundred-the WHOLE audience, got a freebie Black Rock CD.  Don't tell me it's nothing, it IS BIG.  How many CD's do you think were ripped open and played right away rolling down the boulevards out of the parking lot???  You could say some are going to get forgotten immediately or tossed even.  Let it be.  More importantly, the L.A. factor is going to be " I was there", blah blah blah, "you shoulda been there"! "Kat Von D was there"! ( Mötley Crüe and Sixx:A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx, her boyfriend, was in the front row).  LA factor is LA has to work and play a certain way to outdo New York (which is obviously not doable, being 2 different worlds) The LA factor is people HAVE to talk and make-up scenes (how do you  think all those movies Hollywood rumors, etc. things spread and "deals" get done?).  They talk, and talk, and talk.  Southern California is a TOUGH entertainment market.  The tough nut is cracking open.  Much starts here (and ends here)!
Good things will follow.  Trust me. 

Black Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Lol Rocket, thanks for pretty much finishing the topic tongue Not much more to be said! Well put!

Guitars - Cheapo "Jay Turser"
A beautiful Blue guitar made by "Agile"
2009 Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White, Maple Wood Fretboard
1994 Blue Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite, Black-Chrome Hardware

Point well taken Rocket.

LOL..........Yes of course if was still good exposure for Joe...........i dont think anyone here thinks it was a bad idea to do the show.........however many are disappointed for a couple of reasons.........(AND NOT DISAPPOINTED IN JOE)  i mean disappointed for our own selfish reasons because we wanted to see Joe peform..........we thought he would be performing...musical guests usually DO get to perfom on these types of shows..........so yes Rocket we very well understand what you are saying......

Joe would have reached MANY MANY more people than those in attendance if he was able to play a song like we thought he would be able to.....

and yes, I am positive that better things are yet to come for Joe.......

Jim mentioned that Joe was sitting in with the band, as in Lopez's band.  That changes everything in my mind since I didn't even know that. I originally thought this was a Joe & Co. appearance, even though it seemed short notice.  It followed the same format of other night shows that have a band and sometimes a guest.  Remember Clapton did a stint guest appearance on Letterman, hanging and playing with the house band for a bit.

So, it is what it is and it was what it was....Joe sat in with Lopez's band and he got several personal mentions, a short spotlight and all the playing time during commercials and a chance to show his stuff.  Believe me, that got the ball rolling and I don't see anything negative about it.

Joe, I have one question for ya'...Was that fun or what?  Nice change in routine.     smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

50 (edited by Rocket 2010-03-17 15:40:44)

JoeyB03 wrote:

LOL..........Yes of course if was still good exposure for Joe...........i dont think anyone here thinks it was a bad idea to do the show.........however many are disappointed for a couple of reasons.........(AND NOT DISAPPOINTED IN JOE)  i mean disappointed for our own selfish reasons because we wanted to see Joe peform..........we thought he would be performing...musical guests usually DO get to perfom on these types of shows..........so yes Rocket we very well understand what you are saying......

Joe would have reached MANY MANY more people than those in attendance if he was able to play a song like we thought he would be able to.....

and yes, I am positive that better things are yet to come for Joe.......

Agreedy!

You & Me got left out of the party for THEM.  Too bad not a lot of face time / music time (at all for others watching unawares, but that's a decent marketing ploy in Tinseltown too  wink ....name dropping.  Capital of it).  However, let's see who saunters up to some bar on Sunset to ask someone to ask someone that someone said had authorized them to ask about Joe Bonamassa and his band to be on xxxxxxxxx's show next! Betcha!  Snowballing in the warm weather...

Black Rock ON the Streets of LA & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Angela wrote:

Joe, I have one question for ya'...Was that fun or what?  Nice change in routine.     smile

Hi Angela, this is what Joe said on Facebook:

"I just want to say... I know there is a lot of feedback about the George Lopez show tonight. I had a blast and everybody including George himself was extremely nice to me. Airtime aside I found it to be a really great experience and would do it again in a heartbeat."

Seems that he had a great time...

Music is good for the Soul...

Ok I can handle the lack of Joe, but to not be able to sleep afterwards because of the excitement of possibly seeing him play is a malady that will live forever!

Awestruck

DVR people. I watched what I wanted to see while my coffee was brewing. Too bad I wanted to see more. I know...I..I..I....Me...Me...Me......

Could it be that George Lopez's producer didn't want the star upstaged by the guest? You Go Joe. Good enough for me. Millions of people now have heard a taste. How many of us were done for by one taste of Joe?
Let the epidemic begin!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381