Topic: James Taylor

Happy Birthday to "Sweet Baby James" who turned 59 today!

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Re: James Taylor

Happy Birthday to Mudslide Slim. Terrific artist - one of my favorites for sure. Watching him sing is amazing...very dynamic yet soooooo smoooooth....and he makes it look so effortless. Great acoustic player as well. It's probably part of that "Where you were then" kind of thing, but James Taylor really is high on my list of all time favorites.

Definitely high on my fave list too. When my son came home just after his birth, (May 8th '89 recognize that date?) I would rock him to sleep listening to Sweet Baby James. To this day I get a rush of emotions every time I hear that song. Happy B-day JT!

You've Got A Friend,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

I saw James on tv recently and his music and voice is always so calming, peaceful and soothing to my soul.  I am also a huge Carly Simon fan and didn't realize until later years when I was reading about her that James went through a whole heroin addiction phase while they were married...caused much stress on their marriage as you can imagine.

ohiodawg-it looks like our sons are only hours apart in age, May 7th and for how much he didn't want to leave the womb, almost May 8th!  I get the rush of emotions thinking he's going to be eighteen and leaving home in the fall!!  Just got an idea for music at his graduation party...Alice Cooper's ...Eighteen and the Beatles...lyrics... leaving home...bye bye.  I think I'll just stick to Alice.

Cheers to Sweet Baby James!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

He's a Steamroller...that's for sure!  I got to see him last summer at the Iowa State Fair and it was a very, very, very sweet treat.  A friend of mine's sister got to help with "behind the scenes" on a previous JT concert here in Iowa.  She was told to go get something and she opened the door to a room and  stopped "dead in her tracks"....there was James Taylor standing at an ironing board, ironing his own pants for the show.  She said he smiled and nodded and went back to ironing and she backed out of the door way.  Imagine that......Patty lol

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Imagine this...About rock stars ironing, I read this last week and was wondering if this source is like the trashy tabloids we see in the grocery store checkout line.  Maybe it's therapeutic and keeps the nerves calm.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005260467,00.html

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

He's a Steamroller...that's for sure!  I got to see him last summer at the Iowa State Fair and it was a very, very, very sweet treat.  A friend of mine's sister got to help with "behind the scenes" on a previous JT concert here in Iowa.  She was told to go get something and she opened the door to a room and  stopped "dead in her tracks"....there was James Taylor standing at an ironing board, ironing his own pants for the show.  She said he smiled and nodded and went back to ironing and she backed out of the door way.  Imagine that......Patty lol

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Angela, if it's in The Sun it must be true.............NOT!!!! I wouldn't even use it to line a kittens litter tray...it isn't worthy smile

Angela wrote:

Imagine this...About rock stars ironing, I read this last week and was wondering if this source is like the trashy tabloids we see in the grocery store checkout line.  Maybe it's therapeutic and keeps the nerves calm.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005260467,00.html

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

8 (edited by andersonhall 2007-03-14 17:44:00)

i was lucky enough to open up for james taylor at four of his west coast tour dates on the 2001 pull over tour. i was playing bass in my former band...  he was a great guy...very funny..one day he showed up to sound check wearing a chicken head....he could call out frequencies for the monitor world engineer to EQ.  good times