Topic: The Blues will never die...

As long as we got the younger generation keeping it alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0mkpsaX8pc

Re: The Blues will never die...

The blues will never die at all. It is the basic  building blocks to allmost all rock. Unless the music changes, I cant see blues going anywhere soon. I was a little worried when the grunge scenen hit though. Actually I gave up. I thought rock was finished.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

I have to admit, I did like some grunge. Alice in Chains was one of my favorites. Jerry Cantrell can play!

Foo Fighters, about the best thing that comes to mind as a result of the grunge scene. If grunge hadn't dominated the early 90's music maybe Bloodline might have had a bigger impact. Who knows???????

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

I also liked many of the grunge groups including AIC. I loved Queensryche if they were concidered grunge. Not sure if they were but that Empire album came out around that time of Nevermind and still a favorite of mine even today. I wish I would have discovered Greenday sooner. That would have maybe gotten me through all that stuff and Ohiodawg, yes, Bloodline would have maybe helped in that department if I had discovered them back when they came out. Hell, I got to the point where I really didnt listen to a whole lot of radio through the 90s because the music all sounded the same and rap also was taking over. Get this! I started to listen to........... Gasp!...........Talk radio. DOH!!!  Thank Gawd for satellite radio. I would not have discovered joe if not for XM.

Rob

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Foo Fighters, about the best thing that comes to mind as a result of the grunge scene. If grunge hadn't dominated the early 90's music maybe Bloodline might have had a bigger impact. Who knows???????

J Dawg

i liked the foo fighters better than any grunge band.

the worst part about that era was that grunge made it uncool to solo... unless you are pearljam. and i see AIC as metal and no really grunge.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Yo, awesome video!!! Mad skillzzz

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Rob, it's never too late for Greenday. Don't confuse them with grunge though, they're pure punk. I just picked up their new CD/DVD Bullet in a Bible. If you dig these guys at all it's a must have. I just watched it again with my 17 yr. old, both of us tappin' our toes and laughin' our asses off at their irreverent behavior. Amazon was the best price I found. TTYL.

J Dawg

" I wanna be the minority, down with the moral majority"        ......Billy Joe

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Jdawg, I bought that cd/dvd for my Son about two years ago. LOL! I enjoy watching it as much as he does or more.

Rob