Topic: van Weelden Amps

I've senn Joe in Hannover on 23th of February 2007. It was the 6 th time I saw him. He playes Marshall, one van Weelden modified Marshall and one van Weelden amp. His sound always was breathtaking anyway, but this time the amp had a very clean tone with much attack and an neverending gain.
Last year in hamburg I had the chance to change some wors with Joe an I was asking some things about his tone. He said "I hate amps, it's all in the guitar". Meanwhile I know it better - it's all in Joe!

Re: van Weelden Amps

The New amp is a Van Weelden "Twinkleland" its a wonderful amp that has a extrodonary clean and clear attack with enough gain to do the solos.. Its unlike anything Ive played.. Its basically a Dumble overdrive special with a few tweeks along the way.. They are build by hand by Peter Van Weelden one at a time.. Mine is #10.   Joe Bonamassa

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

The New amp is a Van Weelden "Twinkleland" its a wonderful amp that has a extrodonary clean and clear attack with enough gain to do the solos.. Its unlike anything Ive played.. Its basically a Dumble overdrive special with a few tweeks along the way.. They are build by hand by Peter Van Weelden one at a time.. Mine is #10.   Joe Bonamassa

So Joe... will you be bringing one back to the US sometime soon?  I can't wait to hear it... how'd you find out about them?

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Hi Joe,

congratulations on getting your Twinkleland, Twinklelator and Van Weelden speakercabinet.
I've had my Twinkleland for 4 years now and mine's #5.
Indeed, the best amp out there.
I also use the Twinklelator, Van Weelden 2x12 speakercabinet and even the Gainland by Van Weelden for my classic "brown"rock sound.
For all you guys out there who are in control over their instrument and love a real guitarsound, check out the high quality products of Van Weelden Amplification!
You could also read my "Twinkleland-review" I posted on Harmony Central.
Joe, I wish you lot's of fun with your Twinkleland!

Regards,
Richard

ps Joe, try experimenting with your left volume knob.
It has an effect on the amount of gain when using the gainchannel and also affects the amount of brightness of your clean sound.

RichardKrijnen wrote:

Hi Joe,

I've had my Twinkleland for 4 years now and mine's #5.

For all you guys out there who are in control over their instrument and love a real guitarsound, check out the high quality products of Van Weelden Amplification!

Well, if you got yours 4 years ago....and it is #5
and Joes is #10...

...........any day now..........an

Hi everyone an Joe,

It's is nice Joe that, after meeting you together with Peter van Weelden in Amsterdam September last year, you know play on this magnificent sounding and musical amp. As we discussed, this one needs a lot of craftmanship from both builder and musician.

I am honoured that "number 8" had a small contribution in this, during my holliday!!

Ruud

Hi Joe & Twinkleland fans,

I own a very early Twinkleland housed in a Fender Dual Showman chassis. It's got a built in effectsloop that works like the Twinklelator. I use a Fender style tuned 2x12" cab loaded with EV12L's and a Matchless 2x12" cab for low power gigs.

The amp sounds and plays magnificent. It's got an amazing clean attack, a beautiful (not harsh sounding) overdrive and the amp is VERY, VERY dynamic. It is like there is a overal tonal shift that harmonizes beautiful in the band. It's not in the way of any other instrument. The amp compliments the other instuments. Never had that before!

In the past I always was restricted by the limitations of the amps I was using. Those days are over now. Total musical freedom. It's like playing my electric guitar acoustically.

Peter van Weelden truly is a amp masterbuilder!

Peter, thanks for creating these amps. Joe, thanks for making them sound so beautiful.

Jorgen

Does anyone know what shows Joe played the Van Weelden #10 amp?

That's gonna be a hard one to answer.
Any one particular amp number.

If anyone would know would be CindyRon, but haven't seen him on the forum in a long time.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Anyone know anything about the Van Weelden for sale on Reverb that belonged to Joe?

Thank you for the post.

I was hoping Joe would comment on the Van Weelden posted on Reverb that he sold.  What shows it was used for?  Any other interesting facts about it.

Sorry.  I was not aware of that fact.  Thank you.

Jane H. wrote:

not a problem but hey that doesn't mean you can't hang around!!!!
we are always interested in hearing other fan's Joe experiences, etc.

Hi Jane

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

He seemed to the Van Weelden's in storage and is now using the Dumbles, the 59 twin and some sort of trem/leslie amp all daisy chained together...he always sounds good regardless of setup...