Re: Rolling Stones Guitar gods

My son is only 17.  We're under the same roof.  Trust me, I hear lots of different kinds of music coming out of his room..........and in the car.........I have a degree in music....trust me, I'm a music lover....I was just expressing what I would spend my $ on...and I already have made my mind up, that I'm not ever growing up.......pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I was referring to John M's post.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

"TELL ME BABY WHAT'S YOUR STORY" ...like that song.  I am a Flea fan and I'm talking just music, I don't need the theatrics to appreciate him.  John F. has been thru hell and back, honestly I think the guy is still gaining momentum. 

John M wrote:

Frusciante is way overrated. Flea is not.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Donna- have to agree with you 100%.  Yep, there is something about them that makes me feel younger.  Lots of the parents were standing at the concert and movin' and groovin to the music.  There is something to be said for any newer music out there that can cross generation gaps!! Patty- I didn't mean to come off pushy, I don't belong to a Chili cult or anything, just a girl that likes to have fun!!!  "Hump de bump do bada....bump, bump!"

Deezer- Do you have any of John F's solo stuff?  And did you read Guitar Player's Nov. issue that breaks down every song of Stadium, effects...all the techie guitar stuff?

Donna wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Hey Angela,  My son has Stadium Arcadium (no, I haven't listened to it, that I know of anyway)

Hey Patty....at least bum your son's 2 discs and give them a listen.  Their music is very different from the stuff you say you love from the 70's.  RHCP will make ya feel young(er)!  ..... "Hump de bump do bada....bump, bump!"  smile  And their lyrics alone will give you and your son plenty to talk about.....

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Nope, I don't have any of his stuff. Sure it's pretty good.

I hear that about hte Chili Peppers, that they're new music. They're almost eligible for the Hall of Fame. I think they become eligible in like 2009 or something. The fact that they've been around as long as they have and continue to get more and more relevant is a testament to how good they actually are.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends