19 (edited by pattyluvsjoe 2007-02-09 08:08:26)

Re: Prince @ Superbowl

Okay, now the controversy begins........of course...a performance just can't be a performance anymore.......always something more......I think it says where the minds are of the people who come up with the controversy ........gggeeessshhh roll

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

In between the Grammy's and commercials this evening Prince had a nice spot thanking everyone for watching and/or participating in his Superbowl performance.  It was quite nice. All's well that ends well.  smile

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Would have been better if it was Joe performing at the half time show. smile

~Bill

The funny thing about the "phallic" controversy is that a few years ago Prince turned Jehova's Witness and hasn't said a curse word since then. So you think he's going to do that? The days of him being controversial are long gone. Now he's just a talented musician. Which is great, because I always felt that his controversial antics outshined his musical prowess.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

very under-rated guitar player. There's a dark cloud over him because he comes off as being a little 'wierd.'
I wonder how/why he became Jehovah's witness out of all religions? I think the US labels that sect a cult and not a religion. My girlfriends family members are J.W. and are nothing like the stereotypes that popculture have placed on them. They're normal people.  I just wonder why Prince chose it.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Jane H. wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

very under-rated guitar player. There's a dark cloud over him because he comes off as being a little 'wierd.'
I wonder how/why he became Jehovah's witness out of all religions? I think the US labels that sect a cult and not a religion. My girlfriends family members are J.W. and are nothing like the stereotypes that popculture have placed on them. They're normal people.  I just wonder why Prince chose it.

I wonder if thats why he did a little bit of All Along the Watchtower.....

LOL

He grew up as a Seventh Day Adventist......there's some reading out there on him switching, but I haven't come across a "why" yet?  The one article I read did tell about him going from house to house.  Imagine going to your door and you open it and there is Prince with a copy of The WatchTower.....one guy said he just about flipped out and invited him in.....

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I thought Prince's thank you to the fans was a pretty classy gesture considering whether he had to pay for the ad or if it was a perk in his contract with CBS to do the Superbowl gig. Regardless it's the thought that counts. It reminded me of a similar gesture after Barry Zito signed with the SF Giants he took out a full page ad in the SF Chronicle thanking all the fans in Oakland for supporting him during his time with the A's. In a follow up TV interview he asked the A's fans come see him in SF when the A's are out of town. By the way Barry is a fledgling guitar player/singer/songwriter, not exactly John Mayer yet.

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Yanni has a kick **** drummer.....

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

What's Yanni got to do with Prince?  lol

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Jehovah's Witnesses frequently ring my doorbell.  I wonder if they heard I need help or something???!!!  They have a meeting place really closeby, unfortunately Prince has never come to my door.  Anyone have a link to the commerical?  I've been playing Prince's music since the superbowl and I read his sales on Amazon are up over 600%!!! "Let's have a dance party...we're about to get funky...1+1+1=3"  Love the horns in addition to the funk...The last thing I've bought Prince was Musicology, what's good after that?

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

........well Angela....I am such a creature of habit......I just do the Prince Live at The Aladdin  over and over........dance,dance,dance...."anybody got a cell phone, dial em' up, we're about to get funky, I don't mind........1+1+1=3"   funky, funky, funky.....shake your groove thing...there is no way a person can listen to this and not get funky............I can hardly sit still to type this.........ya' gotta' love him for the funk....."It's so funky I can't even sleep with myself...." smile

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184