1 (edited by day3lynn 2007-02-08 22:22:25)

Topic: Joe's Concert, Charlotte, Feb 7 2007

Man what a show.  I have seen several guitar players in my 50 years.  Led Zep; Kiss; Black Oak Ark; Heart just to mention a few groups.  I have always been a great guitar fan, especially of players from the 70's (my highschool days) but honestly, I believe Joe is the best I have ever seen.  I took my 14 year old son (who has been playing guitar for about 2 1/2 years now and cost me the price of a Les Paul, a Tele, a Strat, a SG, a couple of acoustics; 4 amps; a vintage 1970 Yamaha bass; etc...etc..), anyway, my son is becoming a very good guitar player, but I had to get him in front of Joe Bonamassa.  And we did it...stood in front of the stage for the nearly 2 hour concert.  A friend of mine at a music store turned me on to Joe about 6 months ago.  And of course I had to get my son hooked...and he is...old style blues rock and roll!  So there we stood last night, in a small intimate club called the Neighborhood Theater in Charlotte, NC, and my son could not get the smile off of his face.  He stood within 3 feet of Joe for most of the show and took it all in.  As I type this article my son is blowing my ears out with his tube amp with renewed excitement.  THANKS JOE!  Thanks for the great show, for showing my son some new tricks and for allowing him on stage with you for a pic.  Hurry back to NC soon.  By the way, this might shock some of you, but I am a minister, have been for 24 years; and I now pastor a contemporary church.  But I had to take off Wednesday night...even though it was a school night and take my son to hear Joe in person.  GLAD I DID AND WILL NEVER REGRET IT!  My son's name is Jared...hope one day all of you guys hear from him and his guitar!  GO BRIDGE TO BETTER DAYS!