Topic: Prince @ Superbowl

Well, seeing Prince on the Superbowl halftime was a treat for me.  Saw him on his last tour and was absolutely blown away by his musical genuis. Unbelievable guitarist and songwriter and an outstanding entertainer.  Heck with football, I was rootin' for Prince.  If you haven't seen the Vegas video with him doing Whole Lotta' Love, ya' ought to check it out. Funkadelic supreme...... cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Re: Prince @ Superbowl

Your right on Patty, Prince really rocked tonight...

Music is good for the Soul...

Best halftime show in quite a while if you ask me.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Yes, he can play when he wants. I would love to see him rock out. I'll never forget the Hendrixy ending of that video he did, "Let's Go Crazy." That's what the Vegas video is like, Patty?

Did purple rain protect the Prince from getting electrocuted?  Seriously, it looked like he was really playing and not under cover and I thought maybe his guitar/amp went out on the last song...I didn't think you could have all the equipment in the rain!

The Prince can play when he puts his mind to it!  David, I have Prince Live At The Aladdin Las Vegas DVD, good synopsis of Prince. I have to agree w/Patty-Whole Lotta Love was well done. I like Prince the best in the funk mood and also will never forget him playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

I wish he would have finished "All along the watchtower" - the little tease intro he did really had it's hooks in me, but then it just fizzled...

7 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2007-02-05 11:59:55)

Watchtower mixed into Best of You by FooFighters was AWESOME!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I never watch halftime shows but, from another room I DID hear that tease of "All Along the Watchtower" Stu, and came back into the room and agree wholeheartedly it fizzled...
I also agree with David that Mr. Nelson can play when he wants, but to me ultimately he seems to not want to for very long and trips on something not stirrable into my cup of tea and has always been somewhat disappointing
Angela I don't know about the guitar actually cutting out, but electrocution is not likely even if the guitar is not wireless (although a wireless connectio in the rain or snow can definitely cut out due to precipitation interfering with th RF Tansmission/Reception) . Electrocution is quite preventable, excepting a thunder and ligthning storm during which all should definitely cease regardless of setup.

Stu Craig wrote:

I wish he would have finished "All along the watchtower" - the little tease intro he did really had it's hooks in me, but then it just fizzled...

All you gotta do is ground the instruments, I believe. And make sure you're not standing on a conductive substance. If I'm not mistaken. Could be.

The solo in Purple Rain was like a cross between hendrix and Jeff Beck. AWESOME!!!

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g9k83AC7d0A
There are a couple things on here from Prince and the Super Bowl-I hadn't seen the Johnny Be Good.

I have to agree with Watchtower being a tease, way too short, actually I think Prince is a tease in a way. He does alot of great guitar stuff and then he has his eccentric artistic moments.  Overall, the guy is an awesome guitar player and a big part of him is being an entertainer.  I've never seen him live, does he change his outfits?

Change his outfits???  Oh my yes Angela.  He has some really funky clothing and his stage setup is way cool, too.  I have pictures from my concert with him in various clothing and even a muscle shirt and the guy is buff.  Yes, he is a flirt with the crowd.  The audience varied from very young to quite old and at one point I looked around and absolutely everyone was on their feet dancin' with Prince.  He had a cross catwalk for a stage and about 30 or so people got to get up on the stage with him and dance around (but don't touch....) a couple of girls got carried away and pulled the tops up and they were gone in a flash...how dumb can you be.....it was one of the best concerts for gettin' your groove thing on.  I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I'm gonna' check him out next time he comes around. I remember Prince being on a countdown list on VH1 a while back and the host drooling over him.  I don't really think of him that way, he's not always real manly looking to me, but I agree with you, he can get you dancing!

I thought maybe a cross between Cross Town Traffic and Diamonds and Pearls would be good.  Just my opinion, LOL.  Maybe Joe could show him how to do it, and then maybe he wouldn't. 
     I have been to a Prince concert (1984 Joe Louis, Detroit), but this board is about Blues and continueing the Blues.  Joe, it was great to see you again and can't wait for you to come back to Michigan (Mt. Clemens Hayloft,(12-09-06). Hopefully you can get a better venue to promote you.  The Hayloft didn't do you any justice, but it was nice to be at the stage.  I have three other kids that want to meet you.
     Great show in Cleveland.  Wish you well on your Europe trip, and looking forward to seeing you in Michigan.  You and your band be careful and keep on rockin'.

Coop

Sorry if I offended anyone.

No, this part of the message board is about Other Artists. Nowhere in the name does it say anything about blues.

Deezer wrote:

No, this part of the message board is about Other Artists. Nowhere in the name does it say anything about blues.

Does that mean I can talk about one of my favorites, Yanni?

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

Go for it.

I forgot how good prince can play the axe.Too bad he couldnt make   a blues rock album.I wished he could have played longer at the super bowl.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky