19 (edited by BluesMan 2009-09-03 18:41:25)

Re: The NFL - National Football League

bigjeffjones wrote:

Them doggone 'Fins are 3-0 in pre season

whadayaknow?

So are them doggone Packers! Maybe the 3-4 defense will work out? And Aaron Rodgers has been very sharp.

But lets not get too excited yet, right BJJ? wink

Roy

Joe is the Best!

No not yet...a grain of salt is appropriate smile

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Hey, where is Joebeacon on this thread? You know he has got to have something to say about his Giants, right Joe? wink Actually, that goes for that Joe Bonamassa guy too. cool

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Bill S wrote:

Anyone notice the new guy taking snaps in Chicago??
Looks like he's got some talent....

Jay's from my area and I've followed him since High School.  The kid's a winner and should fit in nicely with the da Bears.  I'm hopin' this will be Chicago's year!

Curby wrote:
Bill S wrote:

Anyone notice the new guy taking snaps in Chicago??
Looks like he's got some talent....

Jay's from my area and I've followed him since High School.  The kid's a winner and should fit in nicely with the da Bears.  I'm hopin' this will be Chicago's year!

Well, he sure has Chicago fans excited!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I have high hopes for my Jets this season. Lets see.... a rookie head coach and a rookie qb. Sounds like a recipie for the AFC championship to me. lol

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe

I have no hopes or expectations for the Skins, so I can only be pleasantly surprised by anything positive. roll

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

I don't know what criteria were used, but I think this list is hugely surprising -

Forbes's 10 most valuable sports teams

1 - Manchester United - $1.870bn (£1.144bn)
2 - Dallas Cowboys - $1.650bn (£1.009bn)
3 - Washington Redskins - $1.550bn (£948m)
4 - New York Yankees - $1.500bn (£918m)
5 - New England Patriots - $1.361bn (£833m)
6 - Real Madrid - $1.353bn (£828m)
7 - Arsenal - $1.200bn (£734m)
8 - New York Giants - $1.183bn (£724m)
9 - New York Jets - $1.170bn (£716m)
10 - Houston Texans - $1.150bn (£704m)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04092009/ … title.html

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

As a Manchester United fan, i was pleasantly surprised to see us at the top of the tree. And long may it continue! smile

~ Brack ~

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

fuzzy wuzzy wrote:

I have high hopes for my Jets this season. Lets see.... a rookie head coach and a rookie qb. Sounds like a recipie for the AFC championship to me. lol

^There went your DISCOUNT! tongue

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

29 (edited by Rocket 2009-09-07 10:00:40)

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Oh well, he's Jerry Jones. He can do what he wants. Go Cowboys!!! big_smile

How 'bout them 9ers!!!!! Sure it's only preseason, but who'd want to face Mike Singletary after losing anything? I've never been a 9er fan, but they've gotten my attention since Singletary took over. I wish them well as long as it doesn't effect the Browns.

Woof Woof Go Dawgs,

J Dawg

Being a San Francisco Forty-Niner fan since I was a lad of niner, Singletary really fits the bill at this time.   HE and they looked impressive ending the year last year... TEhy have a work ethic! This year? I want all of the team to face Mike "One eye bugging out is scary enough" Singletary IF they lose (of course they will, but like you said. who'd want to face him??? Not me!)...

Rock On & SF 49ers Fans are Nicknamed "The Faithful" wink,
Rocket

And Deezer, we finally part ways! Pistols and pick-axes at 10 paces! Or a bull riding contest! lol

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Oh well, he's Jerry Jones. He can do what he wants. Go Cowboys!!! big_smile

How 'bout them 9ers!!!!! Sure it's only preseason, but who'd want to face Mike Singletary after losing anything? I've never been a 9er fan, but they've gotten my attention since Singletary took over. I wish them well as long as it doesn't effect the Browns.

Woof Woof Go Dawgs,

J Dawg

Being a San Francisco Forty-Niner fan since I was a lad of niner, Singletary really fits the bill at this time.   HE and they looked impressive ending the year last year... TEhy have a work ethic! This year? I want all of the team to face Mike "One eye bugging out is scary enough" Singletary IF they lose (of course they will, but like you said. who'd want to face him??? Not me!)...

Rock On & SF 49ers Fans are Nicknamed "The Faithful" wink,
Rocket

And Deezer, we finally part ways! Pistols and pick-axes at 10 paces! Or a bull riding contest! lol

I'd rather use Roman Candles. lol

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

First Sunday!!!  My 'fins @ Atlanta at 1300 hours. Steelers in OT over Titans...AWW.

whooooop!

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

49ers take it to the Cardinals in Arizona!  No glare from Singletary this week although the run game was PITIFUL-defense of Cards had Gore's number and one dimensional running games never work unless a runner is nearly unstoppable...
Nice start to the season & the NFC Western Division standings!

Rock On & Keep the 49er Faithful, Faithful,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Jets looked great today. Young Sanchez threw for over 200 yds, 1-td and 1-int. and looked in controll the whole time. If that wasn't impressive enough the Jets defense held Houstons offense scoreless, thier only points scored by thier "d".

Jets 24
Houston 7

Next week New England and we'll see what we got here.

fuzzy wuzzy wrote:

Jets looked great today. Young Sanchez threw for over 200 yds, 1-td and 1-int. and looked in controll the whole time. If that wasn't impressive enough the Jets defense held Houstons offense scoreless, thier only points scored by thier "d".

Jets 24
Houston 7

Hi Fuzzy, it was just 5 short years ago that I was at a friends sons wedding. The guys at our dinner table started talking college football when the woman across from me joined the conversation and said her younger step- brother was thinking of playing @ USC. I said, really? Is he that good? She said yeah a lot of schools were interested in him. So I had to ask what's his name? She told me Mark Sanchez, you'll probably be hearing about him. Too bad he didn't want to play for Cal. As a Buckeye native all I can say is SC sucks. An SC grad friend had a ticket for me if I wanted to fly to Columbus Fri., but I opted for Lynyrd Skynyrd instead.

Roll On You Bears!!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

35 (edited by fuzzy wuzzy 2009-09-15 01:40:13)

ohiodawg13 wrote:
fuzzy wuzzy wrote:

Jets 24
Houston 7

Hi Fuzzy, it was just 5 short years ago that I was at a friends sons wedding. The guys at our dinner table started talking college football when the woman across from me joined the conversation and said her younger step- brother was thinking of playing @ USC. I said, really? Is he that good? She said yeah a lot of schools were interested in him. So I had to ask what's his name? She told me Mark Sanchez, you'll probably be hearing about him. Too bad he didn't want to play for Cal. As a Buckeye native all I can say is SC sucks. An SC grad friend had a ticket for me if I wanted to fly to Columbus Fri., but I opted for Lynyrd Skynyrd instead.

Roll On You Bears!!!!

J Dawg

J Dawg that is a cool story. Its early yet but the kid looks like he has the poise to be a good one, he definately has the arm not like the hell and disapointment we went through with that limp.....arm of Penningtons. I won't even get into the Farve fiasco. I'm a Jet fan I'm used to being dissapointed but that dosen't mean I like it man. I want to win bro! Hopefully this is going to be the start of a franchise we can be proud of.

Go Jets!!!
Jack

Oh Yeah P.S. I would have opted for Skynyrd too. wink

Yup, the Bills took it to the Pats for 55 minutes and then imploded. Fifteen more losses until they get to pick #1.

The Pats better get their **** together; they ain't going nowhere the way they played last night. It took a sophomore cornerback to pull a rookie stunt to give them a win by default.

That's all I have to say!

Major Tom to ground control...