Topic: Gold Strat Question

hey guys,  anyone know the pickups in Joe's Gold strat?  or if hes had them rewound?  That strat tone is UNBELIEVABLE.  just  wondering if anyone knows what pickups are in them?
Peace,
Conner

Fender '62 reissue Stratocaster, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio(Stock), Marshall JCM900 100W Head, Original 1972 Carvin 4/12 Cabinet,Ibanez Ts9 Reissue, Keeley Compressor, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox Wah

Re: Gold Strat Question

I think I read somewhere they're original '62's but I've also heard that they might be Joe Barden's...

Hope this helps
Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

i read an interview saying that he had the pickups rewound by lindy fralin.  but i dont know what the original pickups are.  possibly original 62's rewound by fralin?  ive got a 62 reissue strat but its loaded with texas specials.  the reason i ask is i want my next strat to have more of a goldie kind of tone as opposed to a stevie ray tone.  any and all comments welcome. 
Peace,
Conner

Fender '62 reissue Stratocaster, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio(Stock), Marshall JCM900 100W Head, Original 1972 Carvin 4/12 Cabinet,Ibanez Ts9 Reissue, Keeley Compressor, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox Wah

I know I have the original artical somewhere...but I thought Joe's dad got that guitar as a trade in
but it was just the neck and pickguard assembly...thought it was a 65

think the Body is a Fender Custom Shop body, Joe tried putting the neck on that body
and it turned out  to be a tone monster, and he did have Lindy Fralin rewind the original
pickups at one point.