Topic: Advice on pickups for Telecaster.

Hi, I have a U.S. made maple board Telecaster fitted with stock pickups.(The guitar is only a few months old.) And was thinking about upgradeing the pickups to either Lindy Fralin blues specials or Dimarzio Virtual Hot  T bridge and Virtual T neck. I am after more of a true blues tone and more of a creamy lead tone from the neck pickup, similair to Joe gets in Mountain Time on the Rockpalast DVD. I have a quality amp ( Marshall dual super lead. )to bring out the best out of the pickups. I would welcome any advice. Many thanks, Mark.

Re: Advice on pickups for Telecaster.

I have (brighter) SD surfers on my strats to complement darker sounding Bruno.  Did this on recommendation of another Bruno owner, glad I did.  Seymour Duncan has CDs out demonstrating all their pups; got my hands on them; could make you a copy of telecaster cd if ya need it.  SD also has a few techs who can tell which pups get you there, 805-964-9610.    Actually, I think they all make similiar sounding pups to compete in the limited market.  They use different wire and magnets for desired results but mainly resistance, right?  Nice thing about SD is if you buy a set and don't like how they sound; you can send back to company and they will send you any set you like; 21 day policy.   

I keep hearing about Lollar blonds & blackfaces; going to try them too.

if you want something hot I'd guess seymour duncan antiquities and 1 meg pots

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

In alll of my Fenders I use Fralins, and love the Blues specials, slightly overwound. Way better pickup than any mass produced product. In my Historic Les Pauls I use Rs/Fralin true 60 and Wolftone's Dr Vintage. the Closest PAF style pickups ever! Check out the Les Paul forum for threads/reviews on the RS/Fralins and the Wolftones.