Re: Full length amp rig Demo

tmcguire wrote:

Hey, did you buy your Ceriatone (?sp) from their Website. Kind of a strange website, only pictures of parts.Tom

Tom, there are many pics also from the complete amp.
Just click either on "cabinet" or ""complete amp" and from there
to "See more pics on Overtone HRM 100"
Or just use this link. smile
http://ceriatone.com/productSubPages/Ov … abinet.htm

But Nik is supernice and and responses pretty quick.
The amps are top notch. I have two of them now and i'm very happy with them.
Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

Thanks Alex, it's the same Fender cab I just took the Fender logo off because I'm thinking of putting a different cloth on for the grill.  I don't think it matches the amps very well look wise but I love it's sound.  Can't wait until your rig comes together man.  It's going to be insane that's for sure! cool

-Justin

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

75 (edited by Stratovari 2009-06-01 11:10:27)

Who cares about how it looks? cool
But soundwise its pretty cool. The dally seems a bit more bitey
than the Marshall.
Yes I hope the rig turns out well. I'll report.
PS: Did my pm come through?

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

76 (edited by stratpaulguy86 2009-06-01 11:19:21)

The Dailey is actually a lot warmer because on the Marshall the presense and treble are basically off and on the Dailey the treble/presense are about 7 each.  I had the OCD on for a lot of the demo which is the most biting and aggressive sounding for that angry Marshall sound.  The TS808 and Tube Driver are much more polite sounding but I wasn't in the mood to be polite big_smile .  On top of that, the PRS is a little brighter and hotter than the Les Paul, and I had the tone knob on 10 (whoops!). I had woken up like 30min. prior to that so I was a little cranky that I had to go to work soon mad .  Got the PM man, send away! cool

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

77 (edited by SOFTMC 2009-06-01 14:41:12)

OOPS
           Almost missed this one, the weather has been so good in Scotland
           that we are leaving our PCs and venturing outdoors hmm
          Thanks Justin another top notch demo  , I like the sound of the
          Dailey along with the OTS they seem to match together well with
         a nice blend that is rich and simmering with even harmonics ,biting
         but yet easy on the ear. I must confess to liking this better than the
         JCM2000-OTS combination although I am not dissing the JCM2000
         its just a different sound ! I will need to watch this a few times to
         digest the different sounds, but once again you have managed to capture
          the essence of Joes playing through great playing and cool gear you
          are most definately the TONEMIESTER.

Keep the clips coming guys ,I also am curious as to what BEN is up to
         at present as have been waiting for some more awesome clips from
         the R.O.D big_smile

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

78 (edited by stratpaulguy86 2009-06-01 14:55:07)

Thanks Derek, I appreciate the Tonemiester compliment haha.  I'm glad the weather in Scotland is nice, spending too much time in front of a computer rots the brain tongue .  I am really liking the Dailey and HRM together right now.  The Marshall needs to get the fx loop fixed and then I'm probably selling it.  I dunno, I might keep it anyways just to have a backup or something.  I wish the Dailey was 100 watts though, something about the 50/100 amps mix that is bothering me...it's my OCD getting the best of me!  Anywho, I am restringing the fiddles this week and might skip the chatter and just shoot some straight up vids.  I'm fairly confident that everyone knows my rig inside and out now lol.  Keep us posted on when you get your HRM all together as I would love to hear it with your Jubilee!

-Justin

*PS I have a theory that Ben is keeping quiet because he's adding even more toys to that monster rig of his.  That dude's rig is just unreal...

Stratovari wrote:

Mat, sounds like your rec stuff is good enough to prevent latency.
I have to admit beeing a pc recording idiot.
Tried several times to get familar with cubase or samplitude but for some reason
it just wont work with me. Even ok hardware. Maybe I loose patiance with the gazillion parameters and midi stuff.
I had the idea of recording song ideas by programming the drum pattern, playing a simple bass over it
and then the guitar stuff. Maybe I'll pick this up again one day.
I roughly can work now with garage band on my mac and play over a backing track.
But the inbuilt amp models doesn't sound that good.
Here i'm like Justin, I rather stick with the real gear which I can handle way better... lol

Alex

Alex, I'm with You on this one. I've spent too many hours and days (years roll) configuring the pc and all the settings on multitrack programs. Nowdays I'm pretty familiar with the stuff but I wouldn't suggest to go to that jungle if You know nothing about the digital audio workstations. If You have a friend that can help You to get started, then it is another story.

We purchased for our band a stand alone recorder (http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h4/) which is quite easy to use. Record --- connect with a USB cable to PC (acts as a hard disk) --- send the MP3/WAV to net for others to check. Simple, easy and fast.

Mat

I thought I can hijack Justins thread for a small review of the new rig.
I received the new cabinets today. Two 2x12 cabs in tan tolex and black grill front.
After installing the speakers (One cab with two EV12L
and the second with a celestion Gold and a G12H30 heritage) I made a small check. Everything worked so far.
It sounded pretty cool and very big. Especially the cab with the EV12Ls is amazing.
By the way, one of the EV12L is brandnew and sounds great out of the box.
The cab for the HRM didn't convince me today. It had some fizziness in the sound.
Hard to describe. Especially when you play chords in the drive channel it was kinda fizzy sounding.
But anyway, the HRM pushes the midrange a lot to cut through the mix. Reacts very good with the 2550.
I need to tweak more i think. Maybe the Clestion Gold isn't that good for the HRM.
The G12H30 should be fine. I'll see.

The biggest thing was when I played both amps over one cab.
The cab with EV12L is a stereo cab. Means I can connect both amps to each EV.
And THIS was when I said WOW! Now the two amps really seem to melt into eachother, if this makes sense to you.
No fizziness anymore. Only the thick creamy dumble tone and the raw edge of the 2550, hallelujah! cool
I think about selling the gold and G12H30 and buy two more EVs and put them to the other cab.

Ok I will make a video clip very soon. But I need some more laboration.
Here are two crappy iphone pics.

http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/p … 7_rig1.jpg

http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/p … 4_rig2.jpg

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

Holy crap Alex, that is one sweet looking setup there!  I can't wait to hear it in action!  I wouldn't mind to hear some clips to kind of see what you are hearing as far as the "fuzziness" goes.  Have you tried running the Celestions with the 2550 and the EV's with the HRM?  I know that Dumbles LOVE EV speakers, and Marshalls are quite fond of Celestions.  It might save you the trouble... Anyways if that doesn't work, I would definately put EV's in everything especially if you are digging the sounds.  Oh and one more suggestion if I may be that bold, you may also find better results standing the 2x12's vertically instead of horizontally as pictured.  Essentially that's what Joe does with his 4x12s and I believe you get a more balanced low end instead of one cab beaming you in the head with a certain frequency and the other providing all of the low end.  The two cabs could "share the work" so to speak more evenly.  I anxiously await clips sir!  BTW hijack away Alex, until they make a sticky for our clips I'm open to anyone posting theirs on my threads! big_smile cool .  Good luck!

-Justin

Well Justin, I don't know what you're going to do with yourself know that you've completely nailed the tone! Maybe you can open up a boutique amp store! I'll be a customer for sure! lol
I think the Dailey/Ceriatone  is the perfect combination. I like the Dailey as the single amp option in a pinch, and then the D/C combo for the full monty!

Are you taking requests????  big_smile 

I'd like to hear the D/C combination with a dryer sound, maybe just some OD and a little chorus for lead?

Love the tea for one...

ken wrote:

Well Justin, I don't know what you're going to do with yourself know that you've completely nailed the tone! Maybe you can open up a boutique amp store! I'll be a customer for sure! lol
I think the Dailey/Ceriatone  is the perfect combination. I like the Dailey as the single amp option in a pinch, and then the D/C combo for the full monty!

Are you taking requests????  big_smile 

I'd like to hear the D/C combination with a dryer sound, maybe just some OD and a little chorus for lead?

Love the tea for one...

Thanks Ken, Tea for One is what made me buy the Boss RT-20.  I love that hauntingly sad warble on that track.  Yep, I'm down for requests man!  I'll make one in the near future of just the amps without all the reverb and delay.  Maybe I'll play some more straight up blues and rock too instead of the EJ/JB inspired pentatonic shred stuff.  Thanks again!

-Justin

Justin, thats really funny. smile On my way home I thought the same things.
I had a rehearsal with my bluesband yesterday. It was difficult to tweak inbetween the songs without disturbing the rehearsal.
I havent tried the 2550 on the Celestion cab yet. I thought the Celestion Gold is not a "Marshall" speaker.
But the G12H30 definately is. If i don't like the Gold for the 2550 I could buy a second G12H30 and sell the Gold.
They are very popular here. Yes the EV12L is a great speaker for every amp indeed. I really like them.
I also thought to stand the cabs vertically but there are no feet on the sides. And one cab has side handles
which stick slighty out. This one cannot stand on a plain floor. At least in rehearsalroom I will try that.
Thanks again for your suggestions. Keep you updated.

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

I'm bumping for clips!  C'mon Alex!  I don't care what the cabs sound like, CLIPS CLIPS CLIPS! wink

Time is an issue momentarily because of our house renovating, much work (high season now)
but I'll do my very best to fix the clip this week or weekend. smile
Today I shot an almost new G12H30 heritage on ebay to complete the celestion cab. Get it next week.
So the gold can go then. I'll try now the 2550 on the Celestion cab and the HRM on the EV cab.
This may work better.

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

ALEX
        just seen your new cabs and looks great!! are they both openback cabs or one of each? I think too that it would look better side by side with with head on each.
This fizziness from HRM has me worried ,you say it sounds ok
over the EVM12L CAB this suggests evms are the way to go which is the expensive option sad  when I first got the jubilee it sounded way fizzy with g12t 75s and replaced them with evm12l and emminence governor which is a v30 clone fizz now disappear.  My other cab has g12h30 and v30 which is what I am planning to use with HRM when built. I also have a g12m green back that I have kept because a few guys have stated on forums that they like the sound of these with HRM.
I will wait to see what your solution is ,also is it worth considering splitting up the EVMS and putting one in each cab?
I hope you dont have to go all evms as the are pricey and fricken heavy:lol:

ALSO what was justin using in his fender cab as there was no fizz in his demo?     
                             Derek

Derek, one is a closed back (EVs) and the second has a "flex back".
Means I can opt between closed and open back. Nice utility.
I'm sure its the Celestion gold that sounds fizzy. I know that its not the G12H30.
The G12H30 is nothing but a Greenback with a bigger magnet.
These G12h30 Heritage speakers are pricey too but well worth the money.
One of my favorites. I played the Budda over them and they were never fizzy.
So you can't go wrong with them too. But bear in mind they have 30 watt each.
Is your HRM kit the 50 watt version? Sure EVs are pricey too (200 euro here)
but we are willing to do anything for the good tone, aren't we? lol

I also think it looks better when they stand vertical side by side.
I'll put rubber feet to the sides to make them stand safe.

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

Is your HRM kit the 50 watt version? Sure EVs are pricey too (200 euro here)
but we are willing to do anything for the good tone, aren't we? :lol   ALEX

Yes its 50w to go with my 2553 jube
and yes eventually in the pursuit of TONE we must do anything big_smile
although my good lady does not share this view lol
Derek

Derek the speakers used in the Fender cab...you're not going to believe it.......Celstion G12 T-75's!  They have a very tight bass response, a focused/aggressive midrange, and smooth top.  Pretty decent speaker IMO.  I do not run any treble or presence on my Marshall though.  That's perhaps why there is no fizz?  That's cool Alex, take your time man getting the rig right I'm just joking with you.  I am very excited for you and am hoping that it all comes together.  The clips will come when you have it all dialed in! wink  Also, Derek when you get your HRM built I would love to hear how that sounds with the 2553.