1 (edited by BadKitty 2006-12-31 15:08:53)

Topic: December 15 & 16, 2006 Shows - Jazz Alley, Seattle, WA

My husband, Mel and I, saw Joe perform on December 15 and 16, 2006 at Jazz Alley in Seattle, Washington.  We stayed at a hotel one block from Jazz Alley and we were actually able to look down on the entrance to Jazz Alley from our room (we didn't plan it that way either).  Needless to say, we were first in line on both nights.  We saw Joe perform at the first show on Friday night (and for everyone who complained that Joe had a cold that night, they are just jealous that even with a cold, Joe can blow anyone away musically), and we saw him perform at both the first and second shows on Saturday.  Yup, we needed our Joe fix and we got it watching him perform in three shows in two days! 

Our table was right in front of the microphone both nights so I got a lot of good, up close pictures of Joe performing (Bogie and Mark too)...I didn't use my flash as requested.  I sent 31 pictures to photos@jbonamassa.com and hopefully they will be posted so everyone can see and enjoy Joe, Joe, Joe!

Joe has a way of blowing you away with his magnificent talent and humble, gracious personality, no matter how many times you see him in person or listen to his CDs and DVDs.  We thoroughly enjoyed all three shows and we're still talking about it!  People have asked us what we got each other for Christmas (and my husband's birthday on 12/20/06) and we've responded "a $500 hotel bill and $500 3-show bill, tied with a Joe bow" and it was worth every penny!

We also wanted to thank Joe for playing Blues Deluxe as an encore after the second show on Saturday.  I wrote him a note on the back of my Cookie Lee Jewelry business card..."Joe, Please, please, please play Blues Deluxe for your diehard fans!  Jeri-Beth & Mel -- Street Team"  His guitar handler guy took the card and said he'd give it to Joe (I don't know if Joe saw it or not), but when Joe came out for the last time, he played Blues Deluxe!  Oh-my-God!  It was awesome!  Joe's version of Blues Deluxe is our all time favorite song of any artist and he made our day playing it!

I purchased two Live at Rockpalast DVDs for our kids for Christmas and since Joe hadn't returned to sign autographs on either Friday or Saturday, I asked Patrick Gigliotti (who we know from buying Gigliotti Guitars he makes) if he'd go with me to find Joe so I could get Joe to sign them.  Joe was on his bus and he more than graciously let us on the bus and he signed both DVDs ("To Jess and Joe-Bob" and "To Jason and Tami") for me.  I then asked him if we could get a picture of him, Patrick, and myself and he again graciously agreed.  How awesome is that?  Whenever we've talked to Joe one-on-one, he has been soft spoken so it's hard to believe (but seeing is believing) that he packs such a powerful punch when he sings and plays his guitars!   I took pictures of our kids (36 and 37 years old) with their prized DVDs recevied (for Christmas) that Joe autographed (the pics are part of the 31-photo set mentioned above).  They had big smiles on their faces!

There probably isn't much Joe hasn't already heard about how good he is and how he affects people with his music and performances but, in closing, "Joe, you rocked our world and made two old farts extremely happy this year!  Thank you for being you...don't change a thing!"  My husband Mel plays his blue custom made Gigliotti GS (that we got because Joe had one and it sounded fantastic; he also has a GT with the original no-no headstock), and I just ordered--on Joe's bus Saturday the 16th from Patrick--a tobacco burst GT like Joe's.

I'm 49 and my husband is 59...we're not groupies or fanatic fans...we are loyal fans who appreciate the most excellent blus/blues rock we're heard in many, many years, played most excellently by THE Joe Bonamassa!

We look forward to attending future shows!

Jeri-Beth & Mel

"Joe Rocks!" -- You can quote us on that!
Lil' Eddie and The Baaaaad Kitty
WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

Re: December 15 & 16, 2006 Shows - Jazz Alley, Seattle, WA

Thanks Jane!  The last fan photos posted on Joe's website were in October so I don't know when (and if) mine will be posted.  I wonder if they have some kind of posting schedule or if it's just whenever they have time.  I'd love to work on Joe's website pages...for FREE!  I am responsible for the intranet pages at my work and one of the things I do is create web pages with html, bb code, graphics, text, photo posting, etc.  It's a lot of fun and I think I could really make a cool home and other pages for Joe!

Happy New Year to you!

Jeri-Beth
(aka Bad Kitty)

"Joe Rocks!" -- You can quote us on that!
Lil' Eddie and The Baaaaad Kitty
WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool