Topic: Joe at Royal Albert Hall - A Night To Remember

I will never forget May 4th, 2009.  What a most spectacular day!  The get together in Hyde Park started everything off with a sweet flavor.  What a wonderful group of people in this family of Joe Bonamassa fans.  I was so touched and honored to meet each and everyone of you.  It was so much fun hugging all of you in person.  wink    From the park to the venue....how exciting walking up to RAH and seeing the lines.....and it was so emotional to meet Lindsay & Michael, Alex, and Len & Debbie Bonamassa.  I never dreamt that I would ever have the opportunity to meet them.  They are all so very kind and so proud of Joe. 

Stepping into Royal Albert Hall was breathtaking and the air was filled with electricity.  And I so loved getting a Joe Bonamassa Concert Program!!  YES!!!!  And to be sitting in the front row seats center stage was the "cat's meow."  To see Joe standing in the wings before he came out was very touching...what a big night for him.  He looked very handsome in his suit and decorative shirt...hair was perfect smile   looking very fit and trim and confident!  I couldn't have asked for anything more from Joe and the boys.  For me it was all spot on and I give them a PERFECT 10!!!!  I thoroughly enjoyed myself and of course when you are surrounded by Bonabuddies that you love dearly it makes it all so easy to just sit back, relax, and enjoy....well maybe not relax as we had alot of swinging,swaying, and marching going on.  It was so much fun to see Joe playing with Eric Clapton.  Joe had a big grin on his face when they were trading licks.  Joe looked so proud.  Loved hearing all the new songs!!  Top notch from everyone!!

The aftershow party was so much fun!  More fun with all the dear Bonabuddies and meeting even more new people that weren't at the park earlier.  It was a beautiful posh place and many thanks to Michael & Phil for all their hard work.  It was also very exciting to meet Roy Weisman, what a gem of a guy.  And I was truly touched by meeting Mike Himelstein.  I just can't get over what a kind soul this man possesses.  No wonder he writes beautiful lyrics.

And what a great guy Joe is to come to the aftershow party.  He had to be totally exhausted, but there he was for his "peeps"  ever the gentle man...thanks Joe it completed a perfect day. You are so loved by your fans and now there are even more.....well done Joe!

And to all the Bonabuddies in attendance, you are all bright shining stars.....love you all so much.It was so much fun getting to know you all. Special place in my heart.  And to those of you who weren't there physically, your spirits were felt at the RAH and Coccoon.  Thought of all of you, too.

Also, a special shout out to Steve Costello, his mom, and sister who were in attendance.  Steve won the contest.  What a very kind young man he is.  Steve, I didn't even know where to begin to find you at RAH and missed you at Coccoon.  Congratulations again and I hope the concert was everything you dreamt it would be.  I know you think the world of Joe and aspire to be as great as him some day!

And to the gang I have been hangin' with,  we have been havin' some fun...it's truly been some kind of wonderful.  I feel truly blessed.
                          Reporting from London,   pattyluvsjoe  wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Re: Joe at Royal Albert Hall - A Night To Remember

Yup, it sure was all that, Patty! big_smile

Way too late to write anything proper about the day now but I will as soon as I find the time. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

I totally agree with you Patty. I'd be surprised if there as been anything better at the RAH
for a long, long time.
Aftershow party was also good. I met Joe, he signed my ticket. Greetings to those that I met at the Cocoon, I
I hope you all got home safely. I was indoors by 0430, and at work by 0500.

Once again thanks to Michael and Phil for their efforts in putting it all together. Maybe sometime in the future
there may be another gathering.

Cheers

Jeff

To Live's To Fly

Hi Patty,

Sadly I didn't get to meet you in Hyde Park, but from where I was sat (in the stalls left of stage) I could see you on the front row lookin up at Joe and singing & nodding along enthusiastically!

I too spotted Joe standing in the wings just before he came on... and when he struck up "Django" shivers literally went up and down my spine!

What an amazing occasion it was, and a huge privilege to witness such a significant night in Joe's career.  When he played with Eric Clapton I couldn't have been more thrilled for Joe, knowing how much it meant to him and loved Joe's "That's the coolest thing I've ever done" comment.

But it was Joe's night, he totally owned the stage and completely looked like he belonged there.

And I'm so thrilled for all of those who went to Cocoon that Joe & his family joined you and spent so long with you.  But that's the kind of lovely guy he is, wanting to share the occasion with his 'fan family'.

I'm still on cloud 9 and probably will be for a long time!

Cheshire_Lass/Libby smile  (Bonabaptised: 22 Feb '08)

If I'm alive when I'm 99 I'm still gonna be saying, "Remember 4th May 2009 when we saw Joe at the RAH... what a night that was!"

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

I will never forget May 4th, 2009.  What a most spectacular day!  The get together in Hyde Park started everything off with a sweet flavor.  What a wonderful group of people in this family of Joe Bonamassa fans.  I was so touched and honored to meet each and everyone of you.  It was so much fun hugging all of you in person.  wink    From the park to the venue....how exciting walking up to RAH and seeing the lines.....and it was so emotional to meet Lindsay & Michael, Alex, and Len & Debbie Bonamassa.  I never dreamt that I would ever have the opportunity to meet them.  They are all so very kind and so proud of Joe. 

Stepping into Royal Albert Hall was breathtaking and the air was filled with electricity.  And I so loved getting a Joe Bonamassa Concert Program!!  YES!!!!  And to be sitting in the front row seats center stage was the "cat's meow."  To see Joe standing in the wings before he came out was very touching...what a big night for him.  He looked very handsome in his suit and decorative shirt...hair was perfect smile   looking very fit and trim and confident!  I couldn't have asked for anything more from Joe and the boys.  For me it was all spot on and I give them a PERFECT 10!!!!  I thoroughly enjoyed myself and of course when you are surrounded by Bonabuddies that you love dearly it makes it all so easy to just sit back, relax, and enjoy....well maybe not relax as we had alot of swinging,swaying, and marching going on.  It was so much fun to see Joe playing with Eric Clapton.  Joe had a big grin on his face when they were trading licks.  Joe looked so proud.  Loved hearing all the new songs!!  Top notch from everyone!!

The aftershow party was so much fun!  More fun with all the dear Bonabuddies and meeting even more new people that weren't at the park earlier.  It was a beautiful posh place and many thanks to Michael & Phil for all their hard work.  It was also very exciting to meet Roy Weisman, what a gem of a guy.  And I was truly touched by meeting Mike Himelstein.  I just can't get over what a kind soul this man possesses.  No wonder he writes beautiful lyrics.

And what a great guy Joe is to come to the aftershow party.  He had to be totally exhausted, but there he was for his "peeps"  ever the gentle man...thanks Joe it completed a perfect day. You are so loved by your fans and now there are even more.....well done Joe!

And to all the Bonabuddies in attendance, you are all bright shining stars.....love you all so much.It was so much fun getting to know you all. Special place in my heart.  And to those of you who weren't there physically, your spirits were felt at the RAH and Coccoon.  Thought of all of you, too.

Also, a special shout out to Steve Costello, his mom, and sister who were in attendance.  Steve won the contest.  What a very kind young man he is.  Steve, I didn't even know where to begin to find you at RAH and missed you at Coccoon.  Congratulations again and I hope the concert was everything you dreamt it would be.  I know you think the world of Joe and aspire to be as great as him some day!

And to the gang I have been hangin' with,  we have been havin' some fun...it's truly been some kind of wonderful.  I feel truly blessed.
                          Reporting from London,   pattyluvsjoe  wink

Patty

It was a thrill to meet you and thank you for that big hug when we arrived at the Cocoon - after the show, I was all a tremor.

Tom

I can't remember a more exciting time than I have just experienced on the 4th May.
It really was a spectacular show Patty. I could see you from my seat, your t shirt sparkling in the lights!
The Cocoon party was wonderful and everyone I met was just lovely.
Patty, meeting you was one of the highlights for me and when you gave me that pick, well I nearly fell apart. Thank you so much, I will treasure it always.

I wish we could do it all again next week!

Still feeling warm and fuzzy..........Tripsy big_smile