Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

Cool beans, Melissa... thanks! smile
Except I never got an email... yet, anyway... maybe it's just still held up in my Comcast server or something.  I know lots of people complain they don't always get their Street Team emails and newsletters, but I've never seemed to have a problem before... at least that I know of.

--Vik cool

Just for info, I didn't get the email either, although I've had all the other recent mails. In this case it's not a problem though, as Cathy will be getting ours.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Thanks Melissa! Just got two tix.

58 (edited by JBrules 2009-03-24 04:02:09)

Just got 4 tix . This will be a road trip coming from Massachusetts but I couldn't
miss this one .Sounds like the concert of the summer. Only $ 23.00 for tickets such a
bargain.
Heard Ryan McGarvey might be added to
the bill ?  cool

JBrules wrote:

Heard Ryan McGarvey might be added to
the bill ?  cool

Please politely request that they extend an offer to Ryan for that "TBA" slot via one of the contact options.

I emailed them the link to Ryan's myspace page. With that streaming audio how could they ignore him?

Ryan is friends with Joe and Davy so hopefully they will put in a good word on his behalf.

Thanks, and keep your fingers crossed!

Major Tom to ground control...

We're in.  This festival looks too good to pass up.  Ken and I will be driving up from Orlando.     What a great day of music this will be. Looking forward to meeting some of our forum friends.   See you there...   smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

I just created an event for this on Facebook. Please send it around.

On another note, I see they filled the last spot with "Chopteeth". I'm not familiar with them.

Hopefully we will Get Ryan McGarvey to the east coast sooner rather than later. Until then Ryan...

RICjunkie wrote:

On another note, I see they filled the last spot with "Chopteeth". I'm not familiar with them.

Hopefully we will Get Ryan McGarvey to the east coast sooner rather than later. Until then Ryan...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=7 … amp;ref=nf
OOPS!

RICjunkie wrote:
RICjunkie wrote:

OOPS!

I heard that and I don't know them..but..there is a new campaign to get Ryan to open for Davy at the Birchmere the night before HAB...I don't know that I'll be up for the trip because of it's date, but thought I'd fill you in on the latest news. Cathy

cathysiler wrote:
RICjunkie wrote:
RICjunkie wrote:

OOPS!

I heard that and I don't know them..but..there is a new campaign to get Ryan to open for Davy at the Birchmere the night before HAB...I don't know that I'll be up for the trip because of it's date, but thought I'd fill you in on the latest news. Cathy

I hope that does happen. I probably won't make that either with my work schedule.  Friday evenings are tough. But it would be cool if Ryan and his band could hang out with us at HAB!

Good initiative, Tom. I'll try and figure out how to get it on my wall even though I can't confirm 100% yet. But I'm there for 99%!

RIP Iron Man

Plane tickets bought and early bird tickets bought.  Hotel reservations made.  This should be a great one.  Bringing family down from Pennsylvania for their first Joe B Experience.   The night before Joe is playing in Jim Thorpe, PA, at Penns Peak, which I'm told is a very pretty place to see a show.  I'm debating if I can make that show as well as HAB the next day (and then fly back to California the following day).

My son and his girlfriend will be coming down with me for this now too.  All tix bought during the early, early bird discount, yay.  I'm really looking forward to this whole fest, and to meeting all you forumers. smile

As for Penn's Peak the night before... I'm debating that show myself.  I really shouldn't, as it's a 2-hour drive and I don't want to be tired for the fest the next day, plus his setlists don't change up much, plus I just saw him in Hagerstown, and I really can't afford all these tickets, lol.  On the other hand, I don't know if I can pass up a Penn's Peak show because it's such an awesome venue (especially in the summertime because you can dine out on the terrace overlooking the valley), plus his set at the fest might be shorter than normal (anyone have any insight here?), plus a friend of mine up there will likely be there.  Now if they would end up adding a Harrisburg show too, that might keep me away from Penn's Peak, I don't know.  So that one is wait & see for me right now.

--Vik cool

RICjunkie wrote:

Davey is playing at the Birchmere the night before HAB,i e-mailed the Birchmere and they said it was up to Davey's mangt. for the opening act. I e-mailed Davey to suggest that he get Ryan to play the Birchmere with him. Everybody should e-mail Davey and maybe this will happen.

This thread had slipped way down to like page 5 or 6, so I'm bumping it for Dragonfire1, and anyone else who may be interested. smile

--Vik cool

TieDyeVikki wrote:

This thread had slipped way down to like page 5 or 6, so I'm bumping it for Dragonfire1, and anyone else who may be interested. smile
Thanks Vicky
--Vik cool

My wife and I , a friend  will all be there from Texas...Should be great.

Can't wait to see Joe live again.

We are definitely going to need a forum flag or banner (Cathy's idea) at which we can all meet up. Still looking for a local volunteer for some kind of name badges. tongue

RIP Iron Man