Topic: Cerritos CA

Joe is now the headliner of this show. Etta James had to cancel. The show is a sellout with a waiting list. You might try the boxoffice linked from the tour page to see if any Etta Fans return tickets.

Re: Cerritos CA

Ballad of John Henry
Last Kiss
So Many Roads
india / Mountain Time
Another Kind of Love
Sloe Gin
Great Flood
Lonesome Road Blues
Happier Times
Your Funeral My Trial
Blues DeLuxe
Woke Up Dreaming
Just Got Paid

Encore
Ball Peen Hammer
Story of a Quarry Man
Asking Around For You

Josephine wrote:

Ballad of John Henry
Last Kiss
So Many Roads
india / Mountain Time
Another Kind of Love
Sloe Gin
Great Flood
Lonesome Road Blues
Happier Times
Your Funeral My Trial
Blues DeLuxe
Woke Up Dreaming
Just Got Paid

Encore
Ball Peen Hammer
Story of a Quarry Man
Asking Around For You

Welcome, Josephine.  If you're the same one that taped and posted to Dimeadozen, please let us know if you recorded the show and, if so, if you'd be so kind as to share it.  I've enjoyed several of your other shows on Dime.  Thanks for your time and effort.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the welcome.  I did record the show and it will be shared once I've had an opportunity to track it out and get it ready for upload.  I've got a real busy schedule right now, so it won't be right away.  smile

Marathon posting for me last night after a LONG dry spell......whew......had to sleep for a few hours.......so.....here's the last one............

Cerritos............... WOW......... 

THE CERRITOS CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS IS BEAUTIFUL.  I mean STUNNINGLY beautiful.  A completely different flavor than either of the first two shows of this run........not at all like the fun, primitive folk artsy style of the House of Blues in Vegas, nor the elegant, historic architecture of Spreckels Theater in San Diego.  The Cerritos Center is contemporary and clean lined, bright and colorful....... wow......... the lobby felt much more like a Museum of Modern Art than a theater....... it was gorgeous and fascinating, inside and out...... fountains, and flags, and fireplaces...... soaring open spaces......and the theater itself was equally amazing.  I think that Joe really enjoyed it here.

This is the show which Joe was originally scheduled to open for Etta James.  Due to illness, Ms. James had to cancel a few days before the show.  I wish her well and am so very sorry not to have seen her...... I am a big, big fan.  However, Etta's absence allowed Joe to put on yet another FULL show....... so, we took it, and GLADLY so.  There were some returned tickets from those diehard Etta James fans who were disappointed at her cancellation, and NOW will be even further disappointed that they chose to MISS this opportunity to see Joe Bonamassa blow their little minds.  Alas.  Hopefully, they'll learn a lesson........ in the meantime, their ill-advised choice made it possible for people like ME to move to a better seat....... and so, once again, we ended up on the front row, left orchestra.  How sweet it is.

The staff and volunteers were all super friendly.  The seats were comfy, the stage was BEAUTIFULLY lit with fantastic bright colors and patterns on the back wall (what can I say...... I AM an artist, so color excites me smile    )....... It definitely helped to create and set the unique moods of each song, and again, it served to set this venue apart in overall feeling  from the last two locations.   

From what I hear, feedback to the Cerritos Center from all attendees, including a strong membership has been wildly enthusiastic for Mr. Joe Bonamassa.  I'm so happy to hear that, but, of course, not at all surprised.  That theater will make a lovely home town venue for Joe when he's in L.A.  We will return to Cerritos again and again.

We had dinner this evening with extreme fan, Bob Witt, and another fan we know from prior shows, Ann, ended up seated next to us.  I recognized a few folks from other shows too.  It really is nice to see people come back for more.   

I met Jim Moody's son Colin for the first time at this show.  That was fun.  He's sweet Jim.  smile

Here's the set list again:

Ballad of John Henry
Last Kiss
So Many Roads
India/Mountain Time
Another Kind of Love
Sloe Gin
Great Flood
Lonesome Road Blues
Happier Times
Your Funeral My Trial
Blues Deluxe
Woke Up Dreaming
Just Got Paid

Encore

Ball Peen Hammer
Story of a Quarry Man
Asking Around For You

As I've said on my Vegas and San Diego posts, this set list is just outstanding.  I am so happy that Joe chose the songs that he did from the new album, and so pleased that he continues to have many of my other favorites in the mix as well. 

As he had at the two prior shows, Joe teased the audience with the first intense notes of Blues Deluxe, followed by a tossing of his pick way back into the audience........ he began on the opposite end of the stage...... strumming and tossing........ then strolled to the middle...... strumming and tossing........ and, finally, to quote Ms. James, "AT LAAAAAAAAST" he started to stroll toward our end of the stage, and, as he did so, he looked me straight in the eye....... gave me the knowing nod....... I think he even mouthed something....... and I KNEW that next pick was coming to me.  Yipppppeeeeee!!!!  Well, Joe let it fall down gently and, instead of falling into my hand, it took a bounce off the edge of the stage.  Yikes!!!!  We thought for a moment that it had bounced UNDER the stage, but, luckily, Steve found it, safe and sound in amongst my cameras and bags.  The first words Joe asked me after the show were, "Did you get your pick????"  How sweet is that??  That Joe would be concerned about MY pick's welfare.  Thanks Joe.  It means a lot that you wanted me to have one.  smile

So, once again, allow me to express my most sincere gratitude for the incredible performances and many, many kindnesses which were shown over these three nights.  Thank you Joe, Bogie, Carmine, Rick, Rachael, Warren, Dave, Aaron, Clancy, and Colin.......... thank you for the music, the picks, the photos, the autographs (you will make some people very happy), the hugs, the laughs, and the chats, and the friendship.  My heart is full.  smile

These shows, Vegas, San Diego and Cerritos were definitely some of the best we've ever seen, and, as many people have said, somehow, miraculously, Joe as an individual, and the band as a whole cohesive unit, do just get better and better.  I must say however, that on THIS night, there were many moments of absolute perfection.  It is hard to put my finger on it exactly........ let alone put words to it......... but ALL of the pieces fell together.  PERFECT NOTES were hit and held for PERFECT amounts of time.......... Joe finding his stride and being such an incredibly gifted performer even beyond his extraordinary musicianship......... there just were these exquisite moments that happened over and over again that night, where even I, with this many shows under my belt, found myself simply awestruck.  I had to turn repeatedly to anyone nearby to gasp and drop my jaw and shake my head in disbelief and utter the words......... "never better.........never better........."  It's true. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you........ for the tremendously uplifting experience of THREE JOE SHOWS in a row.  They were truly healing and continue to be the the gift that keeps on giving.  The music, the sounds, the visuals keep coming back to me again and again....... washing back over me.  It has been a challenging year and I KNOW that it is this fine experience of attending these shows which has helped to lift me up and keep me up when things are down.  I came home to the unexpected death of an old friend.  It's been terrible, but, honestly, I feel as if I have this little protective barrier that I would not have had before these recent shows which has made it more bearable.  This is the real deal.  The music, the friendships, the bonds.  It is ALL good and it's no wonder I've got it bad. 

Thanks for listening.

smile  Libby  smile

P. S.  Welcome Josephine.  wink

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Sounds perfect Libby!!! Things really are ramping up for the RAH. We'll miss you! Rub that magic pick and maybe a genie will grant a wish!   Cathy

Libs, so now you have Joe's DNA too?  wink

Major Tom to ground control...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta … ?id=243240
Enjoy !!

That is very cool Josephine.  Thank you.  I know NOT how to do that and am hoping that maybe Carl will take care of me.  Will you please Carl??

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Libby wrote:

That is very cool Josephine.  Thank you.  I know NOT how to do that and am hoping that maybe Carl will take care of me.  Will you please Carl??

smile  Libby  smile

You know it, darlin'.....I'm on it.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

CarljMD wrote:
Libby wrote:

smile  Libby  smile

You know it, darlin'.....I'm on it.

CarljMD

U b da best Carl.  Thank you.  wink

Bill S.