Topic: SHANK HALL SHOW LAST NIGHT

Just wanted to thank you Joe for another awsome show.   Seeing you and Greg Koch play and trading riffs was great. Hope to see you again in Milwaukee soon.   Did anyone tape the show last night.  If so I hope you can share it on Dime.

Thanks again Joe

Re: SHANK HALL SHOW LAST NIGHT

I know at least one person was taping.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:

I know at least one person that whistled through the whole damn show behind me.  Laws would not permit me to strangle him!

- Steve

Belexes wrote:
Bill S wrote:

I know at least one person that whistled through the whole damn show behind me.  Laws would not permit me to strangle him!

- Steve

Super.
Hope the recording is OK....
I knew I should have gotten tickets
Sounds like the show was great though.
At least you got to see it first hand.
I'm still kicking myself.
sad  sad  sad

Julie

The recording will be up on Dime later today. Whistling was worse live than what my mics ended up capturing.

Greg Koch on the encores was FANTASTIC! A special show for Milwaukee.

I talked to the owner of the club briefly after the show, asked him if Joe would get bumped to a larger venue (the Pitman Theater) and he said no, would likely just book 1-2 shows at Shank next time.

Belexes wrote:

The recording will be up on Dime later today. Whistling was worse live than what my mics ended up capturing.

I talked to the owner of the club briefly after the show, asked him if Joe would get bumped to a larger venue (the Pitman Theater) and he said no, would likely just book 1-2 shows at Shank next time.

I'm not missing the show next time!
Can hardly wait to get a copy of that show!!!
Thanks Steve

Julie

Belexes wrote:

Thanks for the upload can't wait

Yes, the show was great!!! And seeing Joe jam with Greg Koch was extra special too; they are both players with extraordinary guitar skills. I was just in heaven with the "duelling volume swells," they are both so good at that.

I heard from a lot of friends who wanted to go to the show, but of course, couldn't get tickets!! The sellouts are creating a buzz and making Joe B the must-see show in town. Can't wait to see what he does next.

The show was great, but I have a question, what happened to eric (bass) and the previous drummer  (name escapes me). I turned some friends on to jb ( took them to the show) and I was told today they now have bought all the jb they could find.

The show was so fantastic where can I get the recording (I'm not familar with Dime), I want it bad. I can still hear it in my head. out of the 3x i've seen jb this was the best.

pkelly2177 wrote:

The show was great, but I have a question, what happened to eric (bass) and the previous drummer  (name escapes me). I turned some friends on to jb ( took them to the show) and I was told today they now have bought all the jb they could find.

The show was so fantastic where can I get the recording (I'm not familar with Dime), I want it bad. I can still hear it in my head. out of the 3x i've seen jb this was the best.

Eric and Kenny (the drummer) separated from Joe earlier this year- my guess is Joe was looking for some new blood in the band...

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

kwsjb1238 wrote:
pkelly2177 wrote:

Eric and Kenny (the drummer) separated from Joe earlier this year- my guess is Joe was looking for some new blood in the band...

I have to admit they were a great addition, nothing against previous kenny or eric - thanks for the post - now if i can find the show

Thanks Steve for the upload - doing a download now.
Yahoo - I have a copy of Stone Church coming and will send it your way.

Fotopete

Can anyone please send me a copy of this show i have dial-up and it takes forever, i will be happy to send cd's and postage paid envelope.
                             Thanks Bob

Steve, I couldn't hear your whistler, as I was seated in front of you and have suffered a good deal of hearing loss over my years of concert going. Geez, whistling???!!!!! Go figure. Guess it takes all kinds.
Anyway, it was great to see Joe, Mark & Bogie, and I could hear the improvement that can only come with time spent playing together. Joe's voice continues to improve, too, and is soooo good now. Impressive drum solo by Bogie and what an awesome surprise to hear Joe & Greg play together. I'm glad their schedules finally made it possible for us to see them here in the states, too. It was great to see so many people packed into Shank Hall, as Joe continues to sell out there. Yep, I'd much prefer two shows at the smaller venue to one show at a larger place, for my own selfish reasons.
Thank you many times over, Joe!! What's the Milwaukee-eese translation for "ya'll come back now, ya hear?"  I'll have ta mull dat one over d'ere, hey?

Peace out,
Nancy A.

Belexes wrote:
Bill S wrote:

- Steve

I'm not familiar with "Dime". Is there an address, please?

Thanks,
Cion

cionlynn wrote:

I'm not familiar with "Dime". Is there an address, please?

Thanks,
Cion

dimeadozen.org  you might need to keep trying to get an account- they're currently full, but they're always deleting accounts... just try a few times and you should get through...

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Cion:  Same sorta deal as we did the Sculler's shows a few years ago, but you have sign up and become a member (it's free, but it can take some time waiting for them to purge inactive accounts).  If you drop me an email off-site, I think I can return a favor to ya.  Good to see you posting here again.

Keep on rockin' the blues...

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Nancy A., lookin' for a Milwaukee welcome back slogan, ey?  I'll have to think about that one too.  Somethin to do with beer and sausage, I'd say. All that comes to mind right now is "Cooler by the Lake, Baby!"  Guess I got summer on the mind.

Wow, sounds like a "better than ever show". Wish I could have made the trek from the northwoods down to the big city.  Have some Greg Koch on my Bake Sale CD from Great Northern Blues Society. Good stuff. So cool they got to jam together. Hope I can make it next time.  Summerfest 2007 Joe?

Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind.

Samual Johnson