Re: Joe's Gear & Amps - overview

Dear Joe,
Absolutely love your work man. I live 4 hours drive from my kids. I get them every other weekend and this past weekend we listened to your music in the car on our way back to their home, (Albuquerque) anyway they both loved your sounds man! It was great to beable to bond with them through your music , Thank you. Keep Rocking Man,, and if ever you get tired of certain equipment whether they be old two rock amps, speaker cabs, or old les pauls,,, I'd be happy to take them off your hands and they would go to a great home filled with love,  When you get that spring music equipment cleaning, Fung Shwei thing going and want to get rid of things, etc .... All kidding aside, not really kidding.
smile Thanks for the great gift you give to us all through  your beautiful music.
Sincerely,
Brandon Perrault
Silver City, New Mexico

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Ok, there are five things wrong with that.. but I think who did it is great.. I got such a kick out of it..

1. I use a fulltone or a Demeter Tremelo in line before the Wah Wah,
2. I use only 100 watt amps so the Cat 5 american is listed wrong
3. I use a diaz vibratrem on the JB 100 6L6 amp for solos and I dont use the two rock anymore.
4. I use a delayed reverb chorus on the Van Weelden for which I now Have two.. One for the states and one for Europe
5. And the fuzzface is run through the superlead only..
Again most of it will change this year.. Im bored and feel like changing a few things around..
Joe B

Thats great brando, but don't you think that's the wrong thread for thanks to Joe wink ?
Maybe you should post a new thread...
In this thread I made a graphical Overview of Joe's Last Year's Equipment (View 1st post)!

So, welcome to forum!!! big_smile

brando wrote:

Dear Joe,
Absolutely love your work man. I live 4 hours drive from my kids. I get them every other weekend and this past weekend we listened to your music in the car on our way back to their home, (Albuquerque) anyway they both loved your sounds man! It was great to beable to bond with them through your music , Thank you. Keep Rocking Man,, and if ever you get tired of certain equipment whether they be old two rock amps, speaker cabs, or old les pauls,,, I'd be happy to take them off your hands and they would go to a great home filled with love,  When you get that spring music equipment cleaning, Fung Shwei thing going and want to get rid of things, etc .... All kidding aside, not really kidding.
smile Thanks for the great gift you give to us all through  your beautiful music.
Sincerely,
Brandon Perrault
Silver City, New Mexico

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Ok, there are five things wrong with that.. but I think who did it is great.. I got such a kick out of it..

1. I use a fulltone or a Demeter Tremelo in line before the Wah Wah,
2. I use only 100 watt amps so the Cat 5 american is listed wrong
3. I use a diaz vibratrem on the JB 100 6L6 amp for solos and I dont use the two rock anymore.
4. I use a delayed reverb chorus on the Van Weelden for which I now Have two.. One for the states and one for Europe
5. And the fuzzface is run through the superlead only..
Again most of it will change this year.. Im bored and feel like changing a few things around..
Joe B

Here are my tabbed songs by "Smokin' Joe": http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7236
I LIKE MUSIC! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Wow, this is very well done. smile

I get these e-mails from Premier Guitar.  Joe's Carol-Ann amp is featured.
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I … e_Amp.aspx

JBJHJM wrote:

Here it is:
Overview of Joe's Amps and Gear

I think its mosty right - if not, please tell me, whats wrong!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Carol-Ann_Amps wrote:
stratpaulguy86 wrote:
Petabeata89 wrote:

Only Joe Bonamassa would "get bored" with a set up like that. BUT NO MORE TWO ROCK?? WHAT THE HELL???

What a dirty vagina.

Bwahahahaha, Joe ditching the Two-Rock is already pissing people off more than the economy!

I don't think Joe ever really ditches much, things come, things go, things come back etc etc. He uses what he feels like using. If one amp is delivering better at a particular job at a particular time, he will use that. They are all just tools at the end of the day.

Just because Joe isn't using a Two-Rock right now isn't anything that should piss anyone off, Mayer and many others still are.  They make great amps. Sometimes you feel like a change or one amp is doing better. Hell, I played an old Marshall Plexi last week at a show. I just felt like it.  I'm a player and I hear our amps every day. I just needed something different for a night. It was fun.

Alan Phillips
Carol-Ann Custom Amplifiers, LLC

I have to agree man.I cant think of any player i know or know of that stays happy w a setup for very long. I sure as hell don't. Got to keep it changed up not only (but mainly) for yourself but for your fans too. Sometimes my fans dig it sometimes they don't. But it goes without saying that JB is not going to mic up trash in any shape for or fashion,lol.

BTW, I'm Crazyleg. A blues/rock guitarist from Memphis Tn. I've been peaking in for some time and what a great group. Thanks for such a cool forum;)

I would love to know how you got the name "Crazyleg"! Welcome to the forum! smile  BTW the whole Two-Rock thing is all in good fun but I will say that Joe is/was one of the biggest faces for that company.  You could argue that Mayer is the T-R posterboy but IMO not many people are rushing out to get them because of HIS tone.  A super reverb + TS808 = Mayer's tone but Joe's sound is so much more complex than that and IMO not as easy to emulate.  Besides Joe is the only famous guy I've ever really heard of using the Custom Reverb Signature model.  I personally see a trend and think that Joe is eventually going to only play on stage his signature stuff.  Gibson JB model into JB100 Carol-Anns, Category 5 plexi, Category 5 Jubilee clone, Category 5 cabs...etc.  It seems he has been slowly phasing out the stuff that does not have his name on it, haha.  I don't have beef with that, actually I think it's cool.  I think I would be honored to have all my own stuff from well respected boutique guys.  BTW congrats on the JB100s Alan I'm sure they are amazing.  You should add them to the website for all of us gear junkies...PEACE

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

stratpaulguy86 wrote:

I would love to know how you got the name "Crazyleg"! Welcome to the forum! smile  BTW the whole Two-Rock thing is all in good fun but I will say that Joe is/was one of the biggest faces for that company.  You could argue that Mayer is the T-R posterboy but IMO not many people are rushing out to get them because of HIS tone.  A super reverb + TS808 = Mayer's tone but Joe's sound is so much more complex than that and IMO not as easy to emulate.  Besides Joe is the only famous guy I've ever really heard of using the Custom Reverb Signature model.  I personally see a trend and think that Joe is eventually going to only play on stage his signature stuff.  Gibson JB model into JB100 Carol-Anns, Category 5 plexi, Category 5 Jubilee clone, Category 5 cabs...etc.  It seems he has been slowly phasing out the stuff that does not have his name on it, haha.  I don't have beef with that, actually I think it's cool.  I think I would be honored to have all my own stuff from well respected boutique guys.  BTW congrats on the JB100s Alan I'm sure they are amazing.  You should add them to the website for all of us gear junkies...PEACE

Oh there's no dout on his tone.It's ungodly! But too I think (like Warren Haynes) it's alot to do w/ his hands and how he approaches different phrases in his moods. Damn I love guitar talk,lol. But you are 100% correct. I like Mayer but never knew he was a Two Rock player.I'm a tone junky and try to listen for different things exsp when Im on stage.Like the whole Fuzz Face thing,ive never gotten a great sound from one but JB does.It's all in how you use it.

Crazyleg wrote:
stratpaulguy86 wrote:

Oh there's no dout on his tone.It's ungodly! But too I think (like Warren Haynes) it's alot to do w/ his hands and how he approaches different phrases in his moods. Damn I love guitar talk,lol. But you are 100% correct. I like Mayer but never knew he was a Two Rock player.I'm a tone junky and try to listen for different things exsp when Im on stage.Like the whole Fuzz Face thing,ive never gotten a great sound from one but JB does.It's all in how you use it.

As far as only using sig. stuff,why not,lol? I'm like you man. If someone can make me toys i'll play the mess out of it,lol. The new LP looks really nice and interesting at the same time.I would love to have to cash for one but single dads rarely get toys,lol. I love the saddle idea.

stratpaulguy86 wrote:

I got the name Crazyleg cause I broke up my knee when I was 13 in a dirt bike crash and was laid up. That's when I really started getting serious about music. So I was playing a gig on Beale St one night when I was 19 under my real name and had a couple of crazy woman look me up which really creaped me out so I started using the childhood nick-name and it just stuck,lol.