19 (edited by sekrph 2009-03-27 19:43:05)

Re: Greensboro, NC March 25, 2009

David A. wrote:
sekrph wrote:

Wow, what a show!!    Fantastic turnout for the 1st time visiting Greensboro, I sure hope not the last (1100 fan turnout!) big_smile 
(BTW  did anyone there see ERSKINE BOWLES ?  he was Bill Clinton's wingman, and now is Chancellor of the UNC university system!) wink

Great mix of old and new, and I really like the way he was able to roam around wireless...I was on 2nd row on the aisle and got some decent photo shots
(thanks to J&R adventures for the photo pass!)

http://picasaweb.google.com/skoontz2/Jo … directlink

His vocal range was amazing, and his tone and passion is unmatched.....I was a little unsure about the vocal sound on the 1st song, but that was quickly corrected and the show was basically flawless...

this man is an icon and deserves all accolades...:cool:

saw him for the 1st time last year in Raleigh NC and was floored....this performance was even better!!  hopefully many more Greensboro visits in the future!

steve koontz
high point, NC

Really nice pictures Steve...  What kind of camera were you using?

just a basic digital Canon rebel...with a 28-130 IS zoom (bottom line) and a fast 1.8 50mm lens (bottom line)....not bad for using cheap stuff  !!:P

steve

20 (edited by harveytonely 2009-04-14 21:40:36)

I have been telling my Blues friend (Moses) that we must catch Joe if he ever came close. I was checking the Carolina Theater for Johnny Winter tickets and there it was.... JOE BANAMASSA live. We were just thrilled to see him live in Greensboro and hope he comes back soon. Both of our jaws dropped on Joe's acoustic number. It was like a lifetime of work in one piece. Truly
incredible. My friend Moses just has to have a Les Paul now and he was a die hard Strat man and the Marshall sounded fantastic with Joe's help...hehehe

Harvey York Martinsville, Va.
I sure would like to hear Joe do an acoustic version of my song (Bad Blues)

www.soundclick.com/harveytonely

I was looking through my older videos today and found this from the Greensboro show, This was the first time i saw Joe wireless. With the unusal seating for this show some times he would walk behind me as he was playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_hZLgiRMuI