Topic: Naptown 10-20

My wife and I took two bonavirgins - whe were blown away, of course.
SO WERE WE.   
I know every show seems like the best right after - but this was exceptional.

Set list:

Ballad of John Henry
Bridge to Better days
So many Roads
Mountain Time (India intro)
Another kind of love
Sloe Gin
Highwater Everywhere
The great Flood
Your Funeral My Trial
Blues Deluxe
Woke up Dreaming
Just got Paid
One of these Days
Asking around for You

IT was all amazing.
some random things -
Ballad of John Henry and The great flood may be from his next album, I hope.
The gigliotti has cycled out of the show - not even in the case.  Mountain time was opn a gibson. 
Blues deLuxe had about a 5 minute intro that was spectacular.

I gotta be at work at 0630 - so off to bed --- with a big smile

Oh yeah - nice to meet you Cathy S

Dave

Dave

"The bus came by and I got on
That's when it all began."

Re: Naptown 10-20

THAT's what "Naptown" on Joe's shirt meant..dah!!...WOW..this may well have been my favorite show so far! Thank's to B-more Rob, I sat within inches of the Boss. With 2 new songs, Blues Deluxe (delicious), and an extra long intro to One of these Days, it seems new and fresh. Everyone looks healthy and like they're having fun. 

I miss the Gigliotti..and , according to Dave, Joe is trying to get the Gibson slide he plays to look aged. So, he won't let Dave clean the pick guard...I know, odd to notice, but it looks smeared....Please Joe, clean the guard. I need some sparkle to replace the magic glow of the Gigliotti.....

Congrats to Jane..She was given a signed Epiphone for selling the 2nd highest number of CD's. Keep at those lessons!!

As always, the show was special because of the Bonabuddies..so great to see so many "shirts" and especially to meet you too Blue Heron....now...when do we get our next turn?      Cathy

3 (edited by David A. 2008-10-21 07:06:39)

Thanks for the update Dave and Cathy, sounds like a another stellar show.  Really wish we could have made it up there, had tickets but 5 shows in a month was pushing my funds.  That is so special that Jane received that honor!  Talked with Jane before the show and she was really stoked about seeing Joe once again and getting surprised with a guitar must have been very memorable!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

It doesn't get any better than that!  I was sitting virtually under the Theremin.  Joe and the band looked really intense last night.  The set list was actually a bit different that this weekend which is cool too. 

Joe, as always, was gracious after the show and signed some pix I had taken of him in Spokane and Seattle in late August. 

On to Wilmington, Philly and NYC!!!

-Rob

Congrats to Jane on the Epiphone presentation.  Couldn't have happened to somone more deserving.  A class move by Joe, not like that's surprising.

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

My long and detailed analysis, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a theremin delirium!

If heartaches were nickels, I'd have 35 cents!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =383604393

Jane H. wrote:

Hi everyone! will write more later, but yes i am totally overwhelmed that Joe gave me a guitar last night after the show. still trying to wrap my head around it and I promise everyone I will learn to play SOON!
I haven't had time to really look at it, and its not in front of me right now, Its an Epiphone Special II (i think i have the right) black and it very cool
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?Pro … ectionID=3

here's a couple pics
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/ … 001123.jpg
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/ … 001119.jpg
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/ … 001125.jpg

anyway i guess you were the guy with the PRS jacket blue heron? never got to introduce myself.

Great show as usual and I had a great seat and Joe played right in fornt of me for most of the show which was a treat.
i was wrong about the venue, they do hold close to 300 now. Not the most comfortable for me because I like to be able to move around more but from where i was sitting no complaints. also i believe they have made the stage bigger or i just remember wrong so there was plenty of room for the whole band.
i tried to capture the new song about the flood but my big thumb managed to screw up Cathy's camera with one slip, mumblemumble but others were trying to capture it for all our buddies here so hopefully we will see it on youtube soon.
Yeah cool to see Joe in the naptown shirt,lol
Joe promised to not be 2 years before he returns again.
i was late and missed the Marianne Keith set and I also waited too long to buy a shirt but i'll get one sooner or later.
Ballad of John Henry was very heavy, a good balance of heavy in the whole set IMO, whatever that means.
Best intro to Sloe Gin I think I have heard and Blues Deluxe was definitely changed around a bit and I really liked it, and got really rocking at the end esp.

Cathy I noticed that about the gibson he was playing on One of These Days ( so glad that song is in the set) also.  Glad to hear why.
anyway will write more later.
thanks again Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

? ? ? ? ? smile smile smile smile smile smile  Come on girlfriend.......let's run away and start our own rock & roll band!!!!!!!!  I am so happy for you Jane!!!!!  How sweet!!!  Luv the grin on your face smile  Let me know when your feet touch the ground!!!!!!!!!    Congratulations ?  luv ya' Patty

P.S.  Further confirmation & documentation that Joe Bonamassa, really is THE BEST ?

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Rob,

I must have been right next to you. I was in my signed Joe shirt right next to his foot pedals.

All I can say is....WOW!!!!

My wife and I flew up from Florida since we used to live in Annapolis and always liked the Rams Head. It's a very small space, Dave even said they left half the stuff in the trailer.

Sitting so close I could have shined Joe's boots was incredible. Any closer and I would've had to hold the mike stand in my lap. The result for my wife and I was like standing at the end of the runway when the Concorde takes off....POWER and vibrato that pummels your chest.

We showed up for a pint in the afternoon and caught the band for their sound check. All 4 members shared time and could not have been more gracious when speaking to us. Joe signed a photo of us with him from the JAX show as well as some Ft. Wayne DVD covers.

I'm sure the first timers last night are now ordering their CD's today. Once you see how this man puts everything into his show and leaves nothing behind, you are a convert. Add a band that is generally appreciative and welcomes your approach and entertainment can't get any better than this.

Thank you Joe and Band, you are the best!!!

Tim & Juliana

B-More Bonamaniac wrote:

It doesn't get any better than that!  I was sitting virtually under the Theremin.  Joe and the band looked really intense last night.  The set list was actually a bit different that this weekend which is cool too. 

Joe, as always, was gracious after the show and signed some pix I had taken of him in Spokane and Seattle in late August. 

On to Wilmington, Philly and NYC!!!

-Rob

Congrats to Jane on the Epiphone presentation.  Couldn't have happened to somone more deserving.  A class move by Joe, not like that's surprising.

Wow, sounds like a very special night for a lot of you.  I know how you feel.  The Joe Bonamassa Band Rocks!!!  Each time I see them, I am just blown away. 

Jane, what a thrill for you.  Sort of like winning the lottery, huh?

And Tim, So glad you and Julianna had a good time.  Really wish we could have been there.

Oh well, we're still hoping the band will make their way back down to Florida one of these days soon.

Thanks for the review Blue Heron.  But, what is this "The Great Flood"?  I saw him about 3 weeks ago and he wasn't playing that.  Anybody video it?

Susan smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

I taped it, but Windows Media Player is telling me I've got some sort of Codec Error, whatever that means.  "The Great Flood" is off of the new studio album that's not out yet.

I'll keep working on the computer....

-Rob

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

Our man Roy B (Vortex) is trying to upload the new song to you tube..He is currently receiving instructions from a smart young German Sweetie..Hang in there.....Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Our man Roy B (Vortex) is trying to upload the new song to you tube..He is currently receiving instructions from a smart young German Sweetie..Hang in there.....Cathy

You should have 'splained the wonderful bizarreness of the off forum contacts here. big_smile

Roy mailed Cathy, Cathy forwarded Roy's mail, I picked up the phone and called Germany to pass on Roy's address to the horse's mouth, as it were. big_smile

She should have replied to Roy by now, so with any luck the rest of us could be listening to the new song within not too long from now!!

By the way, you Naptown attendees sure know how to make a guy jealous. Sigh.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

12 (edited by susan 2008-10-21 15:35:41)

I should have known George and Cathy would come to the rescue.  Good Luck Rob and thanks for taping it.  I can't wait to hear it.

Susan smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

hei hei hei...how are these 2 new songs???

JB jr

"but if heartaches were nickels...I'd be the richest fool alive"

a night sleep, and a days work under my belt - and I still have last nights show echoing through my head.

In my quick note last night I forgot to mention the shedding of the jacket.   It  gave a very personal and workman-like feel to the show when Joe dropped the stylish look, for the plain white tee.  And he was working.  I am amazed that he can keep up the intensity of his craft at such a high level - but he sure did last night.   Thanks

For the encore he traded for a white tee shirt with "NAPTOWN" ,as we sometimes call this place.

He thanked the crowd for the sellout, noted the slightly increased seating - all the way to 300!! WHoo WHooo.    He mentioned the last show here on haloween 2 years ago - which was notable for Bogi wearing a Stewie (SP?) head (The football shape headed precicious TV toon baby).   It kept spinning so that he couldn't see during a drum solo - to the great amusement of Joe and Mark Epstein.   My best memory of that show was Joe and Mark almost facing off doing "Had to cry today"   Awesome.   
Joe skipped annapolis last year opting for ramshead's larger venue in baltimore.   My experience at that show was that the venue did not work as well (censored comments about the crowd here).   Glad to have him back.   

As always he was very gracious after the show.  He signed a teeshirt that I was wearing - (commenting that it would be more fun if I was a girl)   

Dr Dave - thanks for scoring me a pick. 

Dave

Dave

"The bus came by and I got on
That's when it all began."

Susan (hi Ken)- if it's any consolation, Carmine mentioned how cold a winter in Europe can be and I reminded him to lobby for a post tour visit to sunny Florida. The mini FL tour last spring was great wasn't it? Nothing like warm gentle breezes wafting thru the palm trees to thaw you out.

Dave- It was good to get a pick, we retrieved the pick (our first) that Joe dropped (I think during "Just Got Paid"). Just plastic of course, but the fact that he used it for most of the show will make a nice momento when we put it with our Joe photo and ticket stubs from this year.

My only regret is that I had good tickets to the Philly show and had to sell them. I've found that one night of Joe is never enough.

Tim

16 (edited by Barbara 2008-10-21 19:18:44)

WOW, CONGRATS Jane!!! Could not have happened to a nicer and more dedicated fan of Joe's.  Talk about a mind blowing surprise last night, huh?  What a really kind and sweet thing for Joe to do.  Your guitar looks awesome and the picture of you both is perfect.  Your huge smiles say it all.  What a night you must of had last night.  I know you will never forget it.  Just have to say that Joe proves over and over again what a truly SUPER guy he is!  Joe you are the BEST.......WE LUV YA!!;) 

Happy strumming Jane on your NEW rockin' guitar!

Barbara  smile

Congratulations on the guitar Jane! Not a bad runner-up prize, I'd say. smile

Jane H. wrote:

also noteworthy, I noticed that Rick had a bag of tricks....not sure if he did that before but he played tabourine a couple songs and on One of These Days he had this cool thing with hammer and bells or something that he also used with the tambourine.

I think you may be the first to bring it up Jane, but yes I remember watching Rick play something like that during "One Of These Days" when I saw them back in August. Very cool indeed!

We got to see this show as our third. We had seen the Norfolk show a couple of days prior... which was a great one, but the Sunday rest really seemed to show as the band and joe were on fire for this one.

We sat to the 'Joe' side. I think Joe must run his amp full out and use the plexi things to deflect some of the signal... but where we were the guitar was really strong in the mix (we like) and his tone was perfect. I don't think I have ever heard such great tone from Joe or in the Rams Head.

Good to meet Cathy, Dr Dave it al...

Looking forward to the birch in March... or maybe a nice cruise.

Mark