Topic: my pesopicks

HEY DUDES, YEA MY FIRST POST WAS TRYING TO PEDDLE MY WARE, SORRY, YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ME AND MY BUSINESS, WELL I'M ONE DUDE FROM TEXAS MAKING THESE AWESOME PESOPICKS. I PLAYED KEYBOARDS IN A BAND FOR 20 YEARS AND SOME GUITAR AND HARMONICA AND DRUMS. MY BAND IS NAMED TRIANGLE. WE ARE FROM SOUTHEAST TEXAS. THE BAND STILL PLAYS BUT I'VE BEEN OUT SINCE I STARTED MY FAMILY IN 1995, BUT I'M GETTING BACK INTO IT NOW THAT MY BEST FRIEND AND THE DRUMMER DIED 2 WEEKS AGO FROM A HEART ATTACK, YEA, DAMN IT HURTS TO SEE HIM GO. BUT LIFE GOES ON. I'VE BEEN MAKING THESE "PESOPICKS" FOR 30 YEARS AND SOME OF MY BEST CUSTOMERS AND NOW VERY GOOD FRIENDS ARE BILLY GIBBONS WHO SWEARS BY MY PICKS, JOE SATRIANI, FRANK MARINO, EDDIE VAN HALEN, AND OTHER BADASS PLAYERS, I AM NOT A SCAM, I'M JUST TRYING TO BRING A UNIQUE AND VERY FUCTIONAL GUITAR PICK TO THE WORLD OF GUITAR ROCKERS AND SUCH. MY "PESOPICKS" ARE LIKE JEWELRY AND ONCE YOU SEE ONE IN PERSON YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT MY CRAFTSMANSHIP. CHECK OUT MY SITE AT: www.pesopicks.com. I WILL ACCEPT ALL EMAILS AND INQUIRIES ABOUT MY PICKS, YOU CAN ALSO CALL ME TO B.S. IF YOU WANT. I LOVE TALKING ABOUT THEM. ALSO DEALERS ARE WELCOMED, I DO MAKE WHOLESALE DEALS AND BULK ORDER DISCOUNTS.... SO WHY NOT AT LEAST CHECK IT OUT. WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE BUT SOME TIME

Re: my pesopicks

VERY good to see you here. I'm still waiting for my Peso Pick that I sent a money order for .... LAST SPRING!!! (I should have known better when he didn't have Paypal)

PM me or answer here. This needs to get straightened out ASAP.

3 (edited by phatfil 2008-09-10 15:44:39)

as you guys might suspect, i've heard nothing from him. here's what happened when i tried to order from him...

in March earlier this year, i found his website. it said to use a money order for picks because there was an issue with online payment and he would only deal with money orders until the problem was fixed (a quick check on his site will show that he still has this message up almost a year later). feeling unsure, i decided to call him up. he seemed legit, so i sent my order. BIG mistake...

i never heard from him again. i called in April and got no answer, so i filed a claim with MoneyGram to get my money back. the answer i got was that they would not refund anything because the money order had been cashed on March 17th '08. they advised not to deal with any site that only took money orders.

anyway, i learned the hard way about this guy and i won't let anyone else fall prey if i can help it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY!!!

hey pesopickdude here, anybody reading this that sent in an order to me for one of my "pesopicks", I'm am so sorry if you have not recieved your pesopick yet, I have been swamped with hundreds of orders since last january and am still trying to catch up! I am a one man deal and do this things entirely by hand, so they do take some time to make the way I thing they should be made, sure, I could just bust "em out like the cheap **** copycatters on EBAY, but I feel mine are much more that that when a customer gets one and is totally blown away from the craftsmanship and quality , plus I have  had a few family problems that have had to be dealt with also. I work about 16 to 18 hours a day on these things, so it does take some time to make just one and I do about 50 at a time in stages. plus being a single Dad of a 13 year old son does take a toll on me, anyone that sent me an order should go to my website and get my phone number and call me direct. If I don't answer, DO leave me a message and I WILL call you back. I am not in the business of ripping musicians or anybody else off, and YOU WILL get your "pesopick". I want everyone that orders from me to get exactly what they pay for so call me if you have not received your "pesopick" yet and thanks , by the way soon I will be putting a portion of your orders to a charity of some sort, probably to some blues music thing or something like that, any suggestions will be appreciated, and the problem with my website is I'm waiting for my lameass computor dude to restructure and rebuild the site, we just changed it over to a different server recently so things are starting to happen on it finally....OH YEA, PHATFIL !!!! call me IMMEDIATLY SO WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT,

5 (edited by gingerpaul 2008-09-11 12:46:10)

I actually liked the look of these and was half tempted. However I do not buy things like this without reading some first hand, unbiased reviews. Frankly you could have the best pick in the world but with crap customer service you will get nowhere. Simply ignoring customers is not the solution to be snowed under, if indeed that is the reason. You say you're working long hours to get these made because you have a backlog at least 6 months long, which is great as it shows your're popular. This presumably means you don't currently need to be advertising does it not, particularly having given no indication anywhere that I can see that an order won't be fulfilled fairly quickly.

I'm not having a go for the sake of it. I like the product. I like that it is hand made and has been crafted. What annoys me is poor customer service. There is no excuse whatsoever for not at least emailing anyone who has given you their hard earned money to let them know what the delay is likely to be and to give them to option of getting their money back if this is not acceptable.

I would hazard a guess that nobody on here is likely to place an order until phatfil has been dealt with satisfactorily and he/she is 100% happy. I know I certainly wouldn't.

Indeed....

i just called him and left a message. i'll keep you guys posted...

well, he called me back the next day. he had a ton of excuses to give me to try and explain why there has been a FIVE MONTH wait for 1 pick. I asked him if he needed my shipping address again. He said he still had it on file and was sending out the pick right away. From TX to VT it should take a week.

it's been a week now... and still NO PICK!

Interesting story. Hope you'll get it in the end.

Some years back I did a stupid mistake by buying a guitar from a brazil dealer.
He offered only Western Union as payment. Since he had an online shop I was convinced
that everything would go right. After I paid his online shop disappeared. I did store his adress before but as you can imagine, it was not real. Lost 650 $ for nothing. I fell on a scammer.
In germany we say "I could bite my A-S-S" for beeing so stupid. sad

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

i feel your pain, man! i'll never do it again.

i just called the guy again. he told me 'I just sent out 20 picks today. Yours was one of them."

my reply was, 'You told me the same thing a week ago, and I still don't have it.'

'It's in the mail. You'll get it, man.'

i was thinking about calling him everyday until i get it, but instead i think i'll use my spare time at work to post on every single relevant forum i can to let everyone know this guy is not legit.

So despite saying that more people, myself included, might be interested if you are sorted out he has still ignoring you. What an imbecile. Did you get the guys address? Is it possible to work it out from the phone number?

from his site...

608 BUFFALO PASS
ROUND ROCK , TEXAS 78681
Phone#512-470-8123

and, as of last night, that phone number works.

if you are looking for a coin pick, i would recommend going to eBay. this guy says his craftsmanship is better, but i doubt it. i'm only keeping after him because he took my money. if i'd have ordered from eBay, i'd have been able to get 3 for the same cash and have them in a week.

Maybe one of the moderators can provide his IP address. You can get his true address from that. I hope anyone who has ordered from this flake gets their order in a timely manner.

I know kharma will always come to those deserving in the end.

Good Luck y'all
Spider

I don't know how it works in the states but over here in the UK you can chase them through the small claims court and pass all costs to the other party. It seems such a waste of time and effort though. Why can't people just do what they say they will when you give them some of your money.  sad

From domain whois:

Administrative Contact:

brady, stuart somedudespesopicks@hotmail.com

some dude's peso picks

8519 cahill drive # 1514

austin, Texas 78729

United States

5124708123 Fax --

-Bill

Bill wrote:

From domain whois:

Administrative Contact:

brady, stuart somedudespesopicks@hotmail.com

some dude's peso picks

8519 cahill drive # 1514

austin, Texas 78729

United States

5124708123 Fax --

-Bill

Using Google Earth thats address is a apartment complex.

The phone number from above shows up as

608 Buffalo Pass
Round Rock TX 78761

and through Google Earth it shows it as a house in a residential neighborhood

BONABAH!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

**Phatphil**, I've called you a couple of times, but you won't call back, I checked my records and it seems I did indeed send you your pesopick in june, I guess you never recieved it like you say, I need to rectify this problem, like I said I'm not in the business to rip hard working musicians off, I was in the business too and know how hard is is to make money at it these days, I'm just trying to get the finest guitar pick in the hands of as many guitar players as I can. and YES, these things are as BADASS as I say they are, Phatphil call me or email me your address again to make sure I have it correct and I'll send you 2 Pesopicks, 1 to use and 1 on a custom necklace, I promise you'll love 'em, you have my number and my email address, Get with me and let's get this problem solved once and for all.