Re: Great quote thread

from a family friend that used to serve in an Artillery division "It looked good when it left here!"

"Whining and sniveling have the same number of I's"

"I'm not lost... just mis-oriented"

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."  --Humor for Lexophiles

tongue   tongue   tongue

--Vik cool

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once." big_smile

"Go forth and autoeroticate." lol

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.  -Carl Sagan, astronomer and writer (1934-1996)

--Vik cool

...George Bush said... "either your with us... or your with the terrorists"

...oh hell!... looks like we cant win either way!? sad

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

"Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power will the world know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

"When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece."
-John Ruskin, author, art critic, and social reformer (1819-1900)

--Vik cool

"The day when you pick up a guitar and there's nothing coming through whatsoever, there's no new pieces, there's no new ideas - and that's the sort of gift any creative person has - there's always that point that that might happen to you, when you're too old to pick the guitar up - and we're just trying to keep that day far, far away and out of sight."

- James Patrick Page

" If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly" - Keith Richards

'Try as you might to keep a lid on a good time, you can't do it. When people want to have a good time....' - Billy Gibbons

"All I HAVE seen teaches me to trust in all I have NOT seen."
(adapted from a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote)

Read on the rear fender of a Porsche :

"I don't drive fast, I just fly low"

"I've made a lot of empty promises, but this is by far the most generous" -Michael from The Office... great show

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

Of all the people I know.......you're definitely one of them.      Anonymous

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

"There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew."
-Marshall McLuhan, educator and philosopher (1911-1980)

Brack wrote:

Seinfeld

Yada Yada Episode

Jerry: "You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist don't you ? Newer magazines"

I'm a big fan of the show. Lots more where that came from!!

~ Brack ~

A quote? - surely that's a script! hmm

Here's a quote for you Brack......

'I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell football, never mind understand it.' lol

Roy Keane - former captain of Manchester United

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

Brack, I think Ian was making the point that simply copying lines from your favorite tv shows was not really the intention of this "quote" topic.

My two offerings are from the great and unique Dr. Gonzo -

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

"A tie is like kissing your sister."     My high school football coach Don Biggum

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

"Defense wins championships"    Dave Thorson or "Bear" Bryant, take your pick.

Think Green,

J Dawg