Topic: Great quote thread

thought that this would be a good idea. I'll get it started:  "Life is hard... it's harder when your stupid."

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

Re: Great quote thread

Don't know that this is a quote, more of a saying I think, but whatever: 

It's not what you don't know that's the problem, it's what you know that just ain't so.

"If you find a fork in the road... take it"- Yogie Berra (spelling???)

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

Not sure where I heard this, but I liked it:

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken."

They're at home still runnin' for bells
Better San Juan
Than that blue collar hell

Here's two from Mark Twain: "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." And, "Golf, the best way to ruin a good walk."

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

"I am NOT suffering from insanity... I happen to be enjoying myself!"

Spider

How can I miss you, when you won't go away..............................Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Life's a beach........and then you fry!! cool

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

Want a second opinion ? .... Ask me again

"If it's the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?"

Robin Williams

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

A Freudian slip is saying one thing when you mean your mother.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

This has got to be one of my all-time 'make you smile' favorite Joe quotes:

..."and a lot of it you know for me, it's like you can play a very hard rock riff...and you know and play a blues solo over that...it kind of combines the whole emotion of the blues....it's about just getting feel out of the guitar.....it doesn't matter what...you can play a polka and still play...they may look at ya' funny but at least you're keepin' true to the blues....."
                                                                                       Joe

For it's entirety for full effect, check out clip below and it starts in @ 1:16....Joe's great sense of humor shines thru........

p.l.j. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJcwKzsZv0A

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

" If I knew I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself"

New York Yankee "Mickey Mantle"

"Opinions are like a$$****s - everybody has one" - "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Major Tom to ground control...

RICjunkie wrote:

"Opinions are like a$$****s - everybody has one" - "Dirty" Harry Callahan

That was my Dad's line long before I saw a Dirty Harry flick.

Think Green,

J Dawg

16 (edited by Amsterhammer 2008-08-21 14:47:03)

"Oh yeah, well I've got a black belt in mouth."

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

If you can't impress them with smarts, dazzle them with bulls***. - Dad

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

"Life's what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young