37 (edited by ohiodawg13 2008-09-03 16:10:16)

Re: Great quote thread

bigjeffjones wrote:

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than have to have a frontal lobotomy.

Dr. Demento sang it, too.  Who wrote it?

I don't know the origin for sure, but Tom Waits said it to Barth Gimble/Martin Mull on Fernwood Tonight. The scene went like this, see below. Tom also appearred on a comedy album of Martin's playing a bartender and when Martin asked, hey bartender can I get some help over here.............hold your horses, I'm busier than a pair of jumper cables at a Puerto Rican wedding, No offense to my Puerto Rican brothers.

J Dawg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_0E7x3Nqys

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

I heard this on the radio this morning from some weather forcast lady (who thinks she's so HOT!!...and IS!!)...

"That Michael Phelps has a million dollar body, and a welfare face"

I swear I didnt make this up, dont shoot the messenger    ***sister Cate***

Signed by,

No Stones to say so

"42"

cool

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

the dude wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:

Wasn't it Dorothy Parker?

Legend has it.  That's right!  but it was Randy Hanzlick who is credited with the lyrics to the actual song.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

One if by land, Two if by sea...Now what do I do if he signals three?

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

"Who's on first............"

**Sorry in advance if I start something here**

"Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman."
                                                                                                   Ludwig Van Beethoven

43 (edited by Bluezman 2008-08-29 07:56:52)

JBrules wrote:

Want a second opinion ? .... Ask me again

Or opinion are like a$$ holes everybody's got one;)

Peace
Bluezman

I got blisters on my bloody fingers (JL)

"How much money we got man? I'm wanna buy another guitar......... Think I'll buy a Fender ... nah, I don't like Fenders." ~ Tommy Chong

45 (edited by Shredit 2008-08-31 13:02:22)

"In our culture we have such respect for musical instruments, they are like part of God."

Ravi Shankar

46 (edited by Shredit 2008-08-31 13:01:58)

"Rock 'n' roll is good for the soul, for the well being, for the psyche, for your everything. I love it."

Hank Ballard

I coulndt agree any more than this

Shred

I didnt forget! I just can remember...

Jamming with Joe and Bernie Marsden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zqg3brNH8

"No news is ever as good , or as bad , as when first reported"

1st Vicount Montgomery Of Alamein.(North Africa 1942/1943)

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God , they terrify me !"

Arthur Wellesley, Duke Of Wellington , in despatches at The Battle Of Waterloo , on being sent a new draft of men from England.(Belgium June 1815.)

No Ordinary Joe

I may not agree with your opinion but by God, I'll defend to the death your right to express it.

Sir Winston Churchill - “'Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!' Yes, I am; and you are ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober.”
Sir Winston Churchill - “'Mr. Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea!' 'And if you were my wife, I would drink it!'”

Major Tom to ground control...

W. C. Fields - “I only drink to steady my nerves. Sometimes I'm so steady I don't move for months.”
W. C. Fields - “My illness is due to my doctor's insistence that I drink milk, a whitish fluid they force down helpless babies.”
W. C. Fields - “A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her.”
W. C. Fields - “Wouldn't it be terrible if I quoted some reliable statistics which prove that more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol.”
W. C. Fields - “Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.”

Major Tom to ground control...

"I reserve the right to change my direction at any point."

Love it!!

ohiodawg13 wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:

I don't know the origin for sure, but Tom Waits said it to Barth Gimble/Martin Mull on Fernwood Tonight. The scene went like this, see below. Tom also appearred on a comedy album of Martin's playing a bartender and when Martin asked, hey bartender can I get some help over here.............hold your horses, I'm busier than a pair of jumper cables at a Puerto Rican wedding, No offense to my Puerto Rican brothers.

J Dawg

Got the video to work, sometimes O's are Zero's

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
bigjeffjones wrote:

J Dawg

Got the video to work, sometimes O's are Zero's

Brilliant youtube JDawg.

Think Funny,
Jack

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe