Re: Great quote thread

oh gee, don't get me started on Groucho, I really admired his way with words - "I just came by to say I must be going" which I still use today when I'm in a hurry. although, this is a movie line.

Jane H. wrote:

“Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.”
Groucho Marx

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

oh gee, don't get me started on Groucho, I really admired his way with words - "I just came by to say I must be going" which I still use today when I'm in a hurry. although, this is a movie line.

Jane H. wrote:

“Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.”
Groucho Marx

Thanks for this, I am off to watch some Marx brothers movie smile

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

dry, but hilarious nonetheless. These attributed to Art Donovan, former NFL player who died on Sunday. RIP Art, you made a lot of people laugh and be able to poke fun at themselves.

"As soon as it gets light outside I start eating."

"The best way to die is to sit under a tree, eat lots of bologna and salami, drink a case of beer and blow up."

Brack wrote:

Here's Bill reflecting - what might be said one day on the News ....

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
Here’s Tom with the weather.”
~Bill Hicks~

Thanks for the chuckles, all.  (And glad you like my sig quote, Jane.  Was thinking of changing it up, but not quite ready, yet.)

My latest addition:

"I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises."

-- "Buzz" Aldrin (I think, but don't quote me on that. wink I've also seen it attributed to Neil Armstrong, but Neil was such a private person, I'm doubtful of that.)

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

"I don't want any trouble." - Nick Barkley

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

I probably have this wrong, but are you talking "Big Valley" Nick Barkley? 

You just brought some fond memories back Rocket even if we ain't talking the same Nick.
I have not seen Big Valley for ages, time I pop that in.  I just loved seeing all those westerns back to back.  Barbara Stanwyck was such a fabulous actress and gave strength to women's roles.

You won't get any trouble from me Rocket, just a :hug.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:
Rocket wrote:

I probably have this wrong, but are you talking "Big Valley" Nick Barkley? 

You just brought some fond memories back Rocket even if we ain't talking the same Nick.
I have not seen Big Valley for ages, time I pop that in.  I just loved seeing all those westerns back to back.  Barbara Stanwyck was such a fabulous actress and gave strength to women's roles.

You won't get any trouble from me Rocket, just a :hug.

Yep, that Nick Barkley.  "The Big Valley," one of the very best.  Nick would always be wishing to avoid trouble.......and then a hellacious fist fight would always break out!  Overall, the show hit on many social issues (being produced in the '60's) in a believable 19th century setting, and much emphasis on justice, and wrong vs. right, with true morality and right winning out every time, although not without tense trials every step of the way. smile

4:00 p.m. KCRA?  hmm

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

talking about listening to music while swimming, "The one that sort of really stirs me the most at 2, 3, 4 in the morning is Neil Young, The Needle and the Damage Done". Diana Nyad, age 64, just yesterday completed a swim from Cuba to Florida without a shark cage.
She went on to say she was hallucinating while listening to Neil......"I thought I saw the Taj Mahal".....her expert group of shark divers told her that there was no Taj Mahal, we're in the middle of the Florida Straits, and when Diana disagreed they said OK just keep swimming. Congrats to Diana!

these attributed to Freddie Mercury who would have been 67 today -

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear."

"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend."  .............indeed you are, RIP Freddie

"My client is in no hurry" - Antoni Gaudi, architect...........take a look at this beast and if you have time take the fly around video. sorry for George Orwell, I think it is amazing. But what did they do about all the building code changes through the years? don't think I want to know.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 … 2026?lite=

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Yes, YOLO!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

193 (edited by sally12333 2013-10-13 22:44:16)

ahsmith33 wrote:

"My client is in no hurry" - Antoni Gaudi, architect...........take a look at this beast and if you have time take the fly around video. sorry for George Orwell, I think it is amazing. But what did they do about all the building code changes through the years? don't think I want to know.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 … 2026?lite=

Tres, this is wonderful.  I watched ALL the YouTubes on this!  Fascinating.  Would love to spend hours exploring every nook and cranny of that building.  Wonder how it compares in size to the cathedral in Cologne? 

If I had it to do over again, I'd be an architect, but would never get to have a project like this! 

If there were any kind of "Castles & Cathedrals" tours of Europe, that would be my favorite thing ever (next to Joe, of course).

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia."  ~E.L. Doctorow

"To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make."  ~Truman Capote

I have been hearing about many recent shark attacks lately. Here is my solution. "It is their Ocean and stop dressing like seals"!! ~ Joe Bonamassa

"I still enjoy having my own idea about what a song means. I don't know if I'd have liked having videos on TV when I was growing up. I always found my own mental images to be very strong and appealing. I hope that we're not limiting the imaginations of the fans out there." ~ Steve Clark, Def Leppard

https://live365.com/station/a72706

5/16/14 Hampton Beach, NH (First Joe show!)
1/15/16 Burlington, VT

"You can't rush these things..."    -  My Dad when asked about old projects.

Ok...Brain...I don't like you and you don't like me...     ("H. Simpson")

"I suggest you go out and buy all the blues albums you can" - John Belushi

Peace will be had when the love of power is overcome by the power of love.  - Jimi Hendrix

I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

By night, Love, tie your heart to mine, and the two
together in their sleep will defeat the darkness”
― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets

and

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach