Topic: Greenville, SC - June 12 Handlebar

Only one week away from seeing Joe, Bogie, Rick and Carmine in sunny, HOT, South Carolina.   

Just wondering who all is planning to come see the show at the Handlebar?   There has been some very good street team activity in promoting the upcoming show.   Many thanks to all, especially Lynn who put a ton of posters.

Music is good for the Soul...

Re: Greenville, SC - June 12 Handlebar

David A. wrote:

Only one week away from seeing Joe, Bogie, Rick and Carmine in sunny, HOT, South Carolina.   

Just wondering who all is planning to come see the show at the Handlebar?   There has been some very good street team activity in promoting the upcoming show.   Many thanks to all, especially Lynn who put a ton of posters.

*sigh* I'm envious...

I'm just saying.

I'm envious too. But, Ken and I will see you in Dallas.  100%

Susan wink

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

susan wrote:

I'm envious too. But, Ken and I will see you in Dallas.  100%

Susan wink

Sorry you guys can't make Greenville, but that is great you guys are coming to Dallas!!!

Greenville was rocking last night!  A very inspiring performance by Joe, Bogie, Carmine and Rick.
The venue was a pretty nice place to see a show, but it has brick walls, sounds was fairly solid though.  They put some seats out on the floor and if you ate before hand the server would put your name on a seat.  Well, didn't eat there but ending up on the front row, right in front of Joe.  Took the family down from Charlotte which is only two hours away.  Well worth the drive as usual. 

There were some special guests in the audience for Joe and Bogie and so the playing and intentisty was amazing.  I believe that really makes a difference in the show itself if you are playing in front of family and friends.  Joe looked great, thin and fit.  It was pretty hot inside and with Joe playing with a suit coat on, his face was getting redder and redder, I thought please take that coat off!  For the encores he did take if off. whew

The setlist is below:

Bridge
So Many Days
Mountain Time
Another Kind Of Love
Sloe Gin
Highwater
Your Funeral, My Trial
Don't Burn Down That Bridge
Heartaches
Woke Up Dreaming
Just Got Paid/Dazed

Encore 1
One of These Days
Tap An Angel On My Shoulder

Encore 2
Ball Peen Hammer
New Day Yesterday

The highlights for me was a New Day Yesterday and Mountain Time, excellent!  So Many Roads, killer vocals, great leads. Also Woke Up really brought the house down. Many standing ovations!   During the encores most people were standing.

Great to see David (Karco) and Deb that came up from Atlanta.  Met Lynn and his son from Hickory, NC did some great street work before the show, also met Rich from Charlotte taking some nice professional photos.  I met a lot of people and for many it was the first time seeing Joe live, no one was disappointed.

Nice to visit with Joe, Carmine, Rick and Bogie, you guys are great.  Good to see Dave, Aaron and Jay, that are some hardworking dudes. 

I asked Joe about a setlist in Greenville back from 2002 that is my avatar.  The song "Slow" was a blues song in C, that evolved into Blues Deluxe!!!  Until the next show!!!

Jane H. wrote:

so, can i assume that means slow was an instrumental, and if i remember correctly jim m. called that one!

Your right Jane, Jim doesn't miss anything!!! 

BTW, I forgot to mention that the place was packed! Over 400 - 500 people.  Floor seating was full and the rest were standing, you could hardly walk in the back because of the crowd.  It had been four years since Joe had played in SC and that was in Columbia in front of about 40 people.  The times they are a changing!

Had a lot of good support in fellow Street Teamers in the Carolina's promoting the show!!!

Thanks for the review David.  Wish we could have been there.  Sounds like a great show.  I'm hoping the schedule will fill in with more dates in the southeast.  I don't want to sound greedy, since Joe just played here a month ago, but FLORIDA is real nice in the fall and in the winter.  I'm just saying... wink

Susan smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

susan wrote:

Thanks for the review David.  Wish we could have been there.  Sounds like a great show.  I'm hoping the schedule will fill in with more dates in the southeast.  I don't want to sound greedy, since Joe just played here a month ago, but FLORIDA is real nice in the fall and in the winter.  I'm just saying... wink

Susan smile

Yeah Susan, you would have loved the show!  Did see the sign for Greer as we were going down I-85!  Look forward to seeing you guys in Texas!!!

9 (edited by n2blues 2008-06-15 12:57:00)

I drove for about 3 hours to see the show at Handlebars in Greenville,SC. It was my first time seeing Joe live. I discovered him sometime last year and bought several CD's. The show was absolutely brilliant!! The band was tight and the place was packed with a great crowd. I can't wait for the next opportunity for a J.B. show. It would be easy to be a groupie!!