Topic: Jacksonville - Florida Theater 05-02-2008

I just uploaded the pics  I took of Joe and the band at the Jacksonville show.  Quite different from the Cocoa show.  The best way to view these pics it to click on slideshow, but you want to be sure Effects are "OFF" or part of the picture will be cut off.  To be sure Effects are "OFF", mouse down below the picture and a tool bar will pop up.  On the left side you will see "Effects: ON/OFF".  To toggle the Effects click on "ON" and it should change to "OFF". 

Enjoy!!!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563294772bSBxJw

Susan smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Re: Jacksonville - Florida Theater 05-02-2008

More great pictures....thanks again Susan.....and you got one of Joe in one of my favorite expressions of his...................

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22 … 2418cjSecC

smile
                                                                pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Great pics Susan

Loving Joe in his Blazer, the JB LP is really set off by the black contrast

Wish I'd been there to listen to it as well

Roll on July and Liverpool!

Vicky :-)

"Stellar" a word used by Joe Bonamassa (also apt as a description of the man himself cool)

4 (edited by susan 2008-05-04 07:23:25)

Jane H. wrote:

Is that a custom made shirt Ken has on or is it new Joe merch?????
thanks for the pics and reviews!

Jane,

That shirt Ken is wearing is new merch.  We ran into Joe on the street a little earlier in the day and Ken said Hello to him and told him we had seen him the night before.  Joe said, I know because that show was the only place you could have gotten that shirt you're wearing.

The back is really cool and the shirt also comes in red and black.

Susan

Nice Pics Susan!

I love this picture!  Pardon the sports analogy  "SCORE!" or "It's outta here!"

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/20 … 2418fzjrgV

Thanks for sharing-awesome pics.

Sandy

P.S.  I want one of those t-shirts!

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I just noticed that a couple of pics from this show did not upload.  hmm
Not sure why but here they are. 
The second one is a pic of the inside ceiling of the Florida Theater.  Beautiful place.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/29 … 2418lYyDHC

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22 … 2418WbBSrC

Susan smile

The new LP looks great! Looks like Jacksonville missed Lucille though...

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Great piccies Susan. I too like the one Patty singled out. Can't help thinking that Joe's lost a little weight. The pants were looking decidedly baggy!

Tripsy  smile

Tripsy wrote:

Great piccies Susan. I too like the one Patty singled out. Can't help thinking that Joe's lost a little weight. The pants were looking decidedly baggy!

Tripsy  smile

I have a funny story.  My friend brought a picture to Jacksonville for Joe to sign. I took the picture her, her husband and Joe at the Tampa show back in December.  Joe was heavier then.  He looked at the picture, then took his sharpie and started drawing black lines on each side of his face to make it look thinner, I guess?!?.  My friend couldn't believe he was drawing all over this picture.  Then Joe wrote a caption on the picture "My New Face".  roll

Yes, he's thinner.  He looks good. 

Susan smile

Very nice pictures Susan, great action shots...

Music is good for the Soul...

Jane H. wrote:

Cool, thanks Susan. It looks great from what I can see in the picture and I remember you said Ken needed a white Joe B. shirt.
I can't wait to get my own!

This is my favorite shirt I've seen out of all the Joe merch. The back is even better than the front. Kudos to whoever designed it, I'm sure they will be big sellers (I should have picked up a red one too!)

FANTASTIC photos Susan !!!  Thank you SO much for sharing them.  I'm gettin' pumped for Doheny!!!

smile  Libby  smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

BluesMan wrote:

Susan,

Those are wonderful pictures. Great Job! I'm wondering about this one though:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/20 … 2418YvRxUn

Are Carmine and Rick saying The Plege of Allegiance or is this beginning of the Ballgame? And what's Bogie doing, ordering four beers? And what about Joe, is he off to the men's room before the first pitch? lol

Roy

LMAO!!! 

Susan roll

Libby wrote:

FANTASTIC photos Susan !!!  Thank you SO much for sharing them.  I'm gettin' pumped for Doheny!!!

smile  Libby  smile

Hi Libby,

You SHOULD be getting pumped up.

I think I'm going through post concert depression. sad .  Joe's shows are so much fun.  The music...  The band...  The people...   But, it's back to the real world for me today. 

Anyway, you all have great time.  I know you must be getting excited, and with good reason.  These guys sound better than ever.  And, of course, we want to hear all about it.

Have fun,

Susan smile

susan wrote:
Libby wrote:

smile  Libby  smile

Hi Libby,

You SHOULD be getting pumped up.

I think I'm going through post concert depression. sad .  Joe's shows are so much fun.  The music...  The band...  The people...   But, it's back to the real world for me today. 

Anyway, you all have great time.  I know you must be getting excited, and with good reason.  These guys sound better than ever.  And, of course, we want to hear all about it.

Have fun,

Susan smile

Well, you know ME, Susan.  I'd better start writing NOW if you want me to finish by the end of the year!  Actually - I'm TOO excited to write - ALREADY !!!!  This could be problematic .....  I mean, I really SHOULD get SOME sleep between now and then - don't ya think??  Breathe Libby ........  breathe ........ 

And Susan, it is MUCH too early for you to be going thru post concert depression.  You gotta crank up the tunes, look at the pics, get back on that wave of excitement and RIDE IT FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!!!! 

smile  Libby   smile

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

More great pictures....thanks again Susan.....and you got one of Joe in one of my favorite expressions of his...................

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22 … 2418cjSecC

smile
                                                                pattyluvsjoe

I like that one too Patty.  It's hard to pick just one but I think I like this one. 

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/27 … 2418lWwHbn

Susan

Susan,

Thanks for posting all of those great shots of the Cocoa and JAX shows. When I see the acoustic, I can't get "Woke Up Dreaming and Ball Peen Hammer" out of my head. What power...what command, I'm still having trouble getting my jaw back in place. I didn't realize that my TMJ syndrome stood for Too Much Joe.

In all my travels, if I catch the band on a layover I will be sure to post some pics.

Tim