Topic: band members

Hi can anyone tell me the names of the band members?

Re: band members

Band Members

Joe Bonamassa: Guitar, Vocals
Mark Epstein: Bass
Bogie Bowles: Drums

That Bonamassa guy is pretty good.....

Belexes wrote:

That Bonamassa guy is pretty good.....

I know what you mean- he seems like a pretty good guitarist

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

I'm sorry,  he don't beat Cobain. lol

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

I'm a new fan of Bonamassa's, so please forgive me if this is a forbidden question.....What happened to Joe's old rhythm section?

“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
-Jimmy Page

Joe wanted to try something new.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Forgive me for being new to JB, heard him on XM and truly enjoy his music.  I bought the Rockaplast DVD and the new cd. 

I too wonder why the new bassist and drummer?  I thought the bass guy in the DVD was unbelievable.  I guess I can judge the change when I see them at Turning Stone on 8/17.

Another poster said Joe wanted to try a change.  I guess that leaves some of us wondering why. Nothing personal but you wonder what really happened.

Thanks

I'm a new fan and have the DVD too.  While the old bass player was nice to listen to, his stage antics got old fast.  Maybe he was more animated than usual because they were filming for the DVD, but still.

“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”
-Jimmy Page

beef wrote:

Forgive me for being new to JB, heard him on XM and truly enjoy his music.  I bought the Rockaplast DVD and the new cd. 

I too wonder why the new bassist and drummer?  I thought the bass guy in the DVD was unbelievable.  I guess I can judge the change when I see them at Turning Stone on 8/17.

Another poster said Joe wanted to try a change.  I guess that leaves some of us wondering why. Nothing personal but you wonder what really happened.

Thanks

From what I can gather, the change wasn't made because the previous bass player and drummer were no longer capable of doing their job - I think everyone would agree that they were/are very good musicians. I think it had to do mainly with personality differences that developed or worsened over the 4+ years that they were together and it became too big of a distraction for Joe. I base my opinion on a radio interview Joe did in Europe earlier this year.

The new guys - Mark and Bogie - form an excellent rhythm section. Certainly, Mark has a different style than Eric did,  but I have enjoyed the shows I've seen with the new bandmates as much as I enjoyed the previous lineup.

It was time for a change. Joe had a nice post about it on his web site, but things got a little out of hand on the message board.  All are fine players, well deserving to play with Joe or whomever.

I originally went to see JB with Eric Czar and was very disppointed to find a new lineup.
However having joined myspace and contacted Eric Czar, I think that there was no other reason than they had enough of playing pretty well  the same set night after night for 4 or 5 years. I get fed up after a few months, certainly after a year and get itchy feet.
Czar is not really into blues & rock, which is why his style of playing was so refreshing, especially to bass players.
Its the problem artists have.They want to try something new but the fans want to see the same again and as that little girl said its the fans that pay the bills.
Personally I am a blues player but have over the past 40 years tackled most forms other than classical. Progressive was fun as was jazz but the public have difficulty understanding it and wont pay to hear it.
Thats why disco music slipped in, one guy to pay with a deck making people dance with simple beats.
I would  like to see Joe branch out into other genres as a musician.Whilst not wanting to lose him from his current form.
What makes him so attractive is his versatility.
That little name Django might be a clue to his alter interests.

"The blues had a baby and they called it Rock n Roll"
(Muddy Waters)