Re: ok...Who has seen Joe the most times live?

Well I've had the good luck of catching just over 30 Joe shows(counting double shows as two).Started in 2002.I had sold my business and was flush with cash and freetime.I traveled to seven different states to follow the boys and tested local brew pubs.
   I've had a great time meeting lots of fine people over the years.
   The birth of my son has redirected my freetime.I'll still get to afew shows each year.Just alittle closer to home.

Still going to see joe and BB this month at kettering.And Ian Gillan at the house of blues in Cleveland at the end of the month.

Hey Lori, the email I sent you bounced back!

Chuck O

Aww...I really wanted to go to the Joe and BB concert in Kettering.  But it's 4.5 hours away, and my family and I have already traveled to 2 concerts this summer, and spent money on hotels and stuff.  So it looks like it's not gonna work out.  sad

"Music is the shorthand of emotion."  ~Leo Tolstoy

"The more you can dream, the more you can do."  ~Michael Korda

ZCat wrote:

0. sad

I hear he'll be at Nanook's igloo in the near future.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

11 shows in the last 2 years. The farthest was only about a 1 1/2 hour drive to Milwaukee.
I may be in contention for the closest though. When Joe played at the Raue Center in Crystal Lake, it was less than a mile from my house...literally walking distance. Anyone have anything closer?

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

2 at the Fraze and 7 at Gilly's for me...I have the 3rd Fraze coming up with BB...The Other Joe B.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me...and, I'm feelin good

You are a bold man to post that.  I can't believe that Loverboy and Tommy Tutone still are alive.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Chris wrote:

You are a bold man to post that.  I can't believe that Loverboy and Tommy Tutone still are alive.

Hah! It actually wasn't too bad of a concert. Festival season around here brings in a lot of bands that I wouldn't go out of my way for to see, but since they are close to my house, what the heck, I'm entertained!

John M wrote:
ZCat wrote:

0. sad

I hear he'll be at Nanook's igloo in the near future.

I won't be holding my breath. Hardly anybody good comes up here. The last good rocking show was ZZ TOP in '97.

The first time was w/  Bloodline in 1993/94 in New Haven, CT at Toads
Then a long hiatus until I was in Syracuse NY for Rythem & Blues Fest and heard about a show at Vernon Downs in NY....that was 1998 I think and it was w/ Derek Trucks and Foghat.  The next year Joe was at Syracuse w/ his band for the Rythem and Blues Fest....1999 I think.  Then again in New Haven at Toads 2000. Boston at the House of Blues 2000.  Then in Great Barrington, MA at a cool little bar(can't remember the name) 2001.  Then at the Webster Theatre in Hartford twice 2003 and 2004.  Then at Toads this year again.  I feel like I'm missing one or two, but I think that's it.  Not a whole bunch, but they do span the career.  Around 9 or 10 times.  Oh yeah, I really like the new disc too....just got it a few weeks ago

I think Tara holds the record. Heck, she had a 7 or 8 show run in a week, spent a week at sea with the band, and there's much more. Oh, Tara! (She'll be back on Monday and can clarify for us)

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Hey Zcat, Sometimes Iowa feels like Alaska....I feel for you....:(  ........but there is that old saying...all good things come to those who wait....Christmas wish list? smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

30 (edited by banderchick 2006-08-06 00:12:38)

I just wanted to share a funny story from the one time I've seen Joe in concert.  He was smokin at Woke Up Dreaming, and ti was towards the end of the song.  Some guy in the audience yells out, "You can play that faster!"  Joe just stopped playing, looked out into the audience, and said with a kind of laugh, "Man, I can't play that faster."  I thought it was a great reaction.  smile  And, uh, that is just one incredible song!  If I could be HALF that good at guitar, I'd be happy.

"Music is the shorthand of emotion."  ~Leo Tolstoy

"The more you can dream, the more you can do."  ~Michael Korda

I think it is only 13 since first seeing Joe open for Frampton at the Wildflower Festival in May 2003. The farthest we have driven is from Texas to Norman, Ok. That was part of a 3 show weekend in 2004......Two Frogs, Norman and SRV. If we had more money, we'd travel and see him more. I have lots of memorabelia. We have a "Joe wall" in the living room of our new apt, with more to add to it once I get some more frames.

Oh! I went to Six Flags last Friday and wore my white Joe shirt with the old Harley style logo on it. Someone actually came up and said "Joe Bonamassa....great show!" And, my email signature got an old high school buddy to check out Joe. She said they went out searching last week in Fresno and finally ran accross Blues Deluxe. I think I have her hooked.:)

Cion

Funny you should mention the shirt, Cion. I was wearing my special FotoPete shirt last week when I ran out to the store. It started with one guy asking about Joe and before you could say "Bonamassa", I had the entire cashier staff and a few other customers hanging out at the one register, listening intently as I educated them. It was actually very cool. Tara and FotoPete get all the credit for moment, though. Tara was the one who sent me one of FP's shirts. They are very cool.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

I lost count too,20+ at least, but it all started with Bloodline for me also. Seen Joe B & band many times over the past 5+ years and it gets better and better all the time. Can't wait for Turning Stone !!!    LG

7 times. Me and my wife are from Corpus Christi Tx. With friends in tow, we've Experienced Joe B shows several times in Dallas, once in Malibu, Galviston and most recently, Houston and Auston. We travel on Harley's and would ride even farther and more often if the whole, "job thing" didnt get in the way. Such is life.
Were building an army of Joe B fans based down here in Corpus, LIKE YOU READ ABOUT! Keep those frets smokin Joe!

WOW Joanie - you got your shirt already. I thought Tara was gonna hold out till Xmas.  Glad you like it. 

I made a limited "Artist Series" of that design - there are only 4 (other then Joes' staff} that have their name on the collar like yours. Hopefully we can make a production shirt for sale online.

FP, the shirt is a definite draw and, like I said, I had people asking about Joe just from them catching a glimpse of the back. (I love the name on the collar, means no one can borrow it as they do my other JB shirts!) My son swims in his, but neither of us minds. In fact, he never wants to take his off (it's his official "lucky" shirt now). I'm very grateful Tara didn't hold out on sending these. Christmas? It would have been absolute torture to wait so long.

Okay, so where's Tara and why hasn't she listed her concert count?