Topic: ok...Who has seen Joe the most times live?

Just curious.

I know there are people out there who have seen Joe live numerous times...

I've seen him 6x..

How far have you gone to catch Joe Live?

The farthest so far for me is from Houston to Seattle..4 hrs in plane or about 2400 miles according to google maps..

The Best Joe Show is the Next Joe Show!

Re: ok...Who has seen Joe the most times live?

I know others out there have me beat, but I've seen him 15 times.   Farthest I've gone (so far) was from Omaha to Atlanta.

quit counting after 15,

longest trip - east to west coast  (MA to Seattle / Jazz Alley),

and we're doing again this year for the 4 day/ 8 show set  (YAHOO)

Al & Fotopete

10+ times..NJ to Reno. I had friends there. It only cost me airfare. He played 2 nights. It was a great weekend.

I don't know how many times we've seen him, but it's probably close to jim m's number. We've been from Texas to Philly and from Texas to CA.

Seen him in Lubbock, Dallas, Ardmore, Norman, Houston, Reno, Las Vegas, San Diego, Malibu, Philadelphia, Palm Springs and others that I'm sure I can't think of this morning.

Headed to Vegas from Houston, next week.

Chuck O., where are you?

He's going to be my bet for number of times, if its not jim m. There may be a darkhorse out there that I'm not aware of, but I'd love to hear from them.

Whose going to be the first from the US to show up at one of the EU shows? We had planned on it, just haven't made it yet. If Australia ever comes up on the calendar, we're going to try to make that one. (I hear its coming)

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

19 for me.  I've been stuck on that for a while tho, as I wasn't around for Joe's last two swings through the DC area.

Looking forward for a cool 20.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

We have been a big Joe fan since 2002.  Being in Charlotte, we have to go on the road to see Joe play.  We have been to the following:

Greenville, SC
Macon, GA
Raleigh, NC
Columbia, SC
Winchester, VA (twice)
Pittsburg, PA (twice)
London, UK  (twice)
Seven Springs, PA
Dallas, Tx (Joefest)
Decatur, GA

It was great last year in going to the UK. My wife is from London, so it worked out well to visit and vacation.  Joe was really glad to see someone from the states. 
Looking forward to some more trips this year, trying to work Seattle.

Music is good for the Soul...

I had forgotten about your trip to the UK. I guess you were the first. Cool.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

I am not worthy...

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

C'mon Deezer,

We know you've road tripped it to see Joe. Share.

PC

Only seen Joe twice, but that's been in the last two months. Biggest roadtrip was going from Harrison to Russellville, AR (hour and 45 minutes) to pick up a friend, then to Tulsa (3 and a half hours), then after the show, another 3 and a half hour drive back, got back about 3:30 in the morning, then went back to Harrison after I dropped him off. Altogether, 9 and a half hours of driving.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

12 (edited by Melissa 2006-08-03 11:38:11)

I've lost count, but it's well over 20 shows for me or maybe even 30.  The longest distance I've ever traveled to a show was from Youngstown, OH, to Sandwich, IL, for the Church Street Station show on Aug. 6, 2004; I scheduled a visit with a friend in nearby Plainfield, IL, to coincide with that show.  I/we have also been to shows in Cleveland, Youngstown, Struthers, Akron, Loudonville, Dayton, and Pomeroy, OH; Pittsburgh, Erie, and Philadelphia, PA; Rochester, NY; Hagerstown, MD; Ft. Wayne, IN; and Milwaukee, WI.  In addition to the awesome shows and fun multi-general family road trips, one of the best aspects is the opportunity to meet up with other fans. This November, Washington, DC will be added to the list and I'm greatly looking forward to the shows themselves and to hopefully meeting new people there.

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Sadly, I've only seen Joe 5 times.
We traveled from Charleston,SC to Seattle,WA. we were on a plane though. Me and my dad drove from Charleston,SC to Washington,D.C. that took us about 9 hours.
I can't wait to see Joe again in D.C.!!!

peace,
sarah

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

I believe 19, not really sure anymore.  I have driven from Fort Worth to Galveston for Mardi Gras, then I also drove to Baltimore, for the Bluesfest in Hagerstown this year.  Make almost every trip to Ardmore, OK to see him also.  First time was at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth, he opened for George Thorgood and George was blown away!

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

I also have lost count..if you include Bloodline gigs I'm probably somewhere in the 20's..

"You jump in front of my car when you.. you know all the time.. ninety miles an hour girl is the.. speed I drive.. "

Deezer wrote:

I am not worthy...

Haha.  Me neither.  Man, that's awesome you guys have seen him so many times.  Hopefully I'll be adding more numbers to my list soon.  I've only seen him once, and only had to drive about 40 minutes to get there.  But I did go about 6 hours back in June to see LLB in concert.  I love traveling to see concerts.  smile

"Music is the shorthand of emotion."  ~Leo Tolstoy

"The more you can dream, the more you can do."  ~Michael Korda

15 shows all in 2 years, without leaving the state of Wisconsin:

http://home.new.rr.com/belexes/stevesconcerts.html

There is one unofficial show not on my list in 2003 I think, at Summerfest in Milwaukee. That's when I caught 1/2 a show and was hooked!

- Steve

0. sad